Lindsandbaby Part 4

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Lindsandbaby Part 4

Unread post by staceymj »

They really don't have any idea. Tinned foods are so high in sodium, surely they could make a fresh healthy chicken soup. Not that hard. Also, something a lot of people don't know, the yoghurts with the fruit pieces in them are full of sugar, they should get the plain Greek yoghurt & add fresh fruit to it, it tastes better too I think. Same as with the yoplait yoghurt Mimi eats, they say fat free but they are full of sugar, she should be eating Greek yoghurt instead. She also says she adds lots of ingredients to keep her fuller so she doesn't snack, but really she should be snacking, just not on junk. You should eat 5-6 small meals a day to keep your metabolism moving all the time, if you only eat occasionally your body goes into starvation mode. I've said it before and I'll say it again, she needs to speak to a dietician. She has a significant amount of weight to lose and she doesn't have any idea what she's eating a lot of the time, things we think are healthy a lot of the time are not. They have little hidden bad things in there. She needs to learn to read nutrition panels on boxes and packets of things. She needs someone who is qualified to put her onto a diet that is right for her weight, health conditions and goals.
fleurdeface
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by fleurdeface »

my face during her moms haul :o

So much for clean eating. Hello low calorie, low fat, processed, artificially sweetened food! Plus her mom just realized buying bottled water is more expensive the a water filter? :?
bunnysalad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by bunnysalad »

Oh god this lady. It is all about portion control. It is super hard for me to lose weight (the same for my mom) but I can maintain like a boss ( 8-) )
I don't buy that soup crap, I make my own, even the broth/stock. I do eat yogurt, the yoplait and the greek but I mix it together with fresh fruit (I do freeze our own fruit though). The oatmeal...just get the real oats and add stuff to it. Also the veggie pasta is much better, made with pureed veggies. Also you all do know that there are canned vegetables out there that have NO ADDED SALT, and has the same nutritional values as frozen vegetables, we prefer frozen but use the canned in a tight fix.
With the water you need to be drinking HALF or your weight (lb) but in ounces. So if you weigh 250 pounds that equals out to a gallon, I think mimi is a bit bigger than that so she is not getting enough water...
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

staceybrax wrote:They really don't have any idea. Tinned foods are so high in sodium, surely they could make a fresh healthy chicken soup. Not that hard. Also, something a lot of people don't know, the yoghurts with the fruit pieces in them are full of sugar, they should get the plain Greek yoghurt & add fresh fruit to it, it tastes better too I think. Same as with the yoplait yoghurt Mimi eats, they say fat free but they are full of sugar, she should be eating Greek yoghurt instead. She also says she adds lots of ingredients to keep her fuller so she doesn't snack, but really she should be snacking, just not on junk. You should eat 5-6 small meals a day to keep your metabolism moving all the time, if you only eat occasionally your body goes into starvation mode. I've said it before and I'll say it again, she needs to speak to a dietician. She has a significant amount of weight to lose and she doesn't have any idea what she's eating a lot of the time, things we think are healthy a lot of the time are not. They have little hidden bad things in there. She needs to learn to read nutrition panels on boxes and packets of things. She needs someone who is qualified to put her onto a diet that is right for her weight, health conditions and goals.
im so glad you say what I think hahaha.

i'll give them credit for the tilapia. I looove tilapia. My son and I have it every friday :) (we're good catholics :P)

Unread post by Guest »

They aren't eating healthy to be healthy, they are eating empty calories to lose pounds. They will lose weight from all these empty calories.

She is so off on so many things. For starters, a serving of dressing is around 120-150 calories. A double cheeseburger is 450-500 calories. So much they don't know, but clearly, they are eating to lose weight, not eating to be clean and healthy.
MakeupGirly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MakeupGirly »

Do all Americans pronounce fillet like filla? Never heard it pronounced like that before.

Unread post by Guest »

Even the most unhealthy bacon hovers around 500 mgs of sodium.

I just went through a list of like 20 types of bacon brands and the highest I saw was 450 for 3 slices.

Either way, I do really like seeing them make much healthier decisions. We can rag on them all day for not making the healthiEST choices, but c'mon, this is so much better than Chinese restaurant and McDonald's every day.

Anyone have any favorite healthy recipes? Maybe Mimi can use some and maybe instead of us ragging on them about everything, maybe it would be nice to help give her some recipes.

I eat an all gluten free diet, and one recipe I LOVE is lean ground turkey balls mixed with spinach and baked. I use low sodium, gluten free cream of mushroom mixed with baby bella mushrooms and mushrooms and put them over the meatballs over a bed of jasmine rice. All gluten and ALMOST sodium free, and healthy.

Any other suggestions?
MommyToASweetie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by MommyToASweetie »

Lindsey and Mimi actually need to take a nutrition class. Or since they read on here- maybe we could give them a few tips.
1) Just cause the label says its "low calorie, fat free, etc" does NOT mean its healthy. That generally means its processed with horrible things your body physically cannot even break down.
2) If you actually want to eat healthy, how about instead of eating Progresso soups packed with sodium, you get off your butt, and make some nice home cooked chicken noodle soup? Much healthier and tastier. But oh wait, you're probably too lazy.
3) ITS OKAY TO SNACK DURING THE DAY. Just make sure its healthy! My favorite thing to snack on is sliced bell peppers, carrot sticks, and celery! Mmm, so good just thinking about it! Occasionally for a treat I even dip them into hummus!
4) For gods sake stop acting like you're nutrition experts and maybe ask for some advice?
hjl226

Unread post by hjl226 »

Anyone else notice the breastpump accessories on the drying rack behind her?

Unread post by Guest »

When I went to an organic, gluten free diet, I lost almost 20 lbs in 6 weeks and had my healthiest doctor's visit I have ever had. Cutting out all the artificials, dyes, chemicals, hormones and such, my body felt amazing. 20 lbs seems like a drastic drop, especially when I went from 135 to 115, but my body already had an allergy to gluten, so part of my 135lbs was a bloat from an allergy. Not everyone would lose that much obviously, but wow, I felt so, so good.

My sleep improved, my hair and nails become so much stronger and healthier, I never broke out, my cramps around my period went away totally, I never got migraines or headaches anymore, and I had so much more energy. I even was able to completely stop all medications. The first week or so was hell though, and I had to fight through migraines.
Metalheadmama666
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Metalheadmama666 »

hjl226 wrote:Anyone else notice the breastpump accessories on the drying rack behind her?
She pumps while going to school.
hjl226

Unread post by hjl226 »

Metalheadmama666 wrote:
hjl226 wrote:Anyone else notice the breastpump accessories on the drying rack behind her?
Hmm im pretty sure ive seen posts of people saying theres no way shes still breastfeeding and pumping

Unread post by Guest »

It bothers me in her Baby products loves and loathes how she dogs out some companies, like the cradle cap product, yet they have RAVING reviews. She talks about the smell of it, but if you read the ingredients, it has natural products that don't smell great but do the job. She goes overboard with the gagging and repulsive noises. She doesn't really give much of a critique for it except how much she hates it. I just googled HUNDREDS of reviews that all say differently than her. I also did see a ton of reviews about the smell, but seriously, as someone that has eczema on my hands, I have never found an effective product that didn't reek of zinc of other chemicals, even the natural ones.

She also "hates" the tommee tippee bottles, but it's a popular and loved product.

Instead of her completely slamming these products, why not just say it isn't for you?

I don't like a lot of popular and effective products, but I am not going to make them out to be the most horrid products.
Blondie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Blondie »

I agree that what they bought isn't "clean eating" as they claim...BUT I believe they will still lose weight. I lost around 53lbs eating like that..I'd have egg whites for breakfast, fruit as a snack, Progresso soup or Weight Watchers frozen meals for lunch and some kind of chicken or fish with veggies for dinner. I knew the soup and frozen meals were high in sodium and not that good for me but it was so much better than I was eating before..my body was so used to eating just JUNK that the pounds just shed off, even if I only made little changes. Think about it, Lindsey and her mom went from eating nothing but fast food and restaurants....to this. Her mom even said she KNOWS the canned soup is high in sodium..so maybe she's not completely clueless. It's not clean eating but it's SO much better than they've been eating all their lives and their body will make changes from that. It's not perfect but it's a good START and I think they really do want to learn about nutrition and weight loss etc. However, they do seem to be "know-it-alls" about this weight loss thing which is super annoying. I find it odd that Lindsey carries a gallon of water with her all day lol. But she does seem extremely motivated and determined.
geeklove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by geeklove »

Yue195 wrote:Whats Alex's instagram? I wanna check out that Tattoo he got of Andrews heartbeat. Tattoo removal cost the same amount as getting a tattoo. It also depends how deep the ink was pressed in to get it removed. If the tattoo artist who did it didn't press down too much it won't leave a noticeable scar.
I've actually heard quite the opposite, that it can require upwards of 8 sessions and is more expensive than getting the tattoo in the first place. His is all black, it would be the most difficult to remove and may not even be able to be fully removed and it would be hard to cover as well without a few removal sessions to lighten it.
hjl226

Unread post by hjl226 »

Yue195 wrote:Whats Alex's instagram? I wanna check out that Tattoo he got of Andrews heartbeat. Tattoo removal cost the same amount as getting a tattoo. It also depends how deep the ink was pressed in to get it removed. If the tattoo artist who did it didn't press down too much it won't leave a noticeable scar.
Idk what his instagram is but i had never seen it either so i just googled lindsandbaby alex tattoo and it came up lol
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Blondie wrote:I agree that what they bought isn't "clean eating" as they claim...BUT I believe they will still lose weight. I lost around 53lbs eating like that..I'd have egg whites for breakfast, fruit as a snack, Progresso soup or Weight Watchers frozen meals for lunch and some kind of chicken or fish with veggies for dinner. I knew the soup and frozen meals were high in sodium and not that good for me but it was so much better than I was eating before..my body was so used to eating just JUNK that the pounds just shed off, even if I only made little changes. Think about it, Lindsey and her mom went from eating nothing but fast food and restaurants....to this. Her mom even said she KNOWS the canned soup is high in sodium..so maybe she's not completely clueless. It's not clean eating but it's SO much better than they've been eating all their lives and their body will make changes from that. It's not perfect but it's a good START and I think they really do want to learn about nutrition and weight loss etc. However, they do seem to be "know-it-alls" about this weight loss thing which is super annoying. I find it odd that Lindsey carries a gallon of water with her all day lol. But she does seem extremely motivated and determined.
I agree with you, my dislike of the whole thing is that they are bragging about eating so clean and healthy, when they aren't. They are giving off information which is wrong. I know it's wrong because this is what I am studying so I have to know, but a lot of people out there aren't going to know the difference and if they are looking at Lindsey and Mimi for advice or motivation or whatever, then they too are getting the wrong info. They will lose weight eating like they are because of how bad they would have been eating before, but it's not really the lifestyle change they are bragging about. I just think that they should do a lot more research before giving out information or advice like you know what you're talking about. This will benefit them so much in the long run.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

geeklove wrote:
I've actually heard quite the opposite, that it can require upwards of 8 sessions and is more expensive than getting the tattoo in the first place. His is all black, it would be the most difficult to remove and may not even be able to be fully removed and it would be hard to cover as well without a few removal sessions to lighten it.
Tattoos can require 8 sessions to going on how big and pain thresh hold. Black and red ink are the easiest to remove, my friend is a apprentice tattoo artist so she knows all this. If its all black, it will depend how deep the artist pressed his gun.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

OhReallyNow wrote:When I went to an organic, gluten free diet, I lost almost 20 lbs in 6 weeks and had my healthiest doctor's visit I have ever had. Cutting out all the artificials, dyes, chemicals, hormones and such, my body felt amazing. 20 lbs seems like a drastic drop, especially when I went from 135 to 115, but my body already had an allergy to gluten, so part of my 135lbs was a bloat from an allergy. Not everyone would lose that much obviously, but wow, I felt so, so good.

My sleep improved, my hair and nails become so much stronger and healthier, I never broke out, my cramps around my period went away totally, I never got migraines or headaches anymore, and I had so much more energy. I even was able to completely stop all medications. The first week or so was hell though, and I had to fight through migraines.

we do organic fruit/veggies, gluten free as well.
Sometimes things arent always organic for ex. canned corn but I opt for no sodium etc.
But my son pretty much eats fruit and veggies all day so its better then garbage off the shelfs.
As for food we love anything with lemon.
Lemon chicken (so simple just squeeze one fresh lemon into a pyrex dish chop up a few cloves of garlic and put in oven for 40mins 425 my son looooves it but we add extra garlic and extra lemon :-P I looooooove lemon)
lemon tilapia Pour lemon over fillets then sprinkle with garlic and parsley.

We looooove pasta so we opt for gluten free pasta or if I can find that veggie pasta.
We pretty much eat simple 2 or 3ingredient dinners/lunches. When ever I make for dinner I make extra for my sons lunch the next day quick simple just warm it up and I know its healthy.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

hjl226 wrote:
Metalheadmama666 wrote:
Hmm im pretty sure ive seen posts of people saying theres no way shes still breastfeeding and pumping
It was placed there to just show it off :roll:

Return to “Lindsandbaby”