LoraandLayton Part 1

LurkyMclurkson
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: LoraandLayton

Unread post by LurkyMclurkson »

ladybug wrote:Maybe she needs to take someones advice on breast feeding, since she couldn't make it past 6 months.
She stopped because she wanted too.
“A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?”
lovethelifeyoulive
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lovethelifeyoulive »

What reason would someone want to stop breastfeeding at 6 months. She will never answer that question if you ask. Your baby needs it at least the first year. If everything's going great why not just go the full year instead of switching to formula when you don't have to.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

thelittlefamilyof3 wrote:
jodilo88 wrote:
My only worry now is where I'm getting married in October.
What day in October??! I am getting married in October too, on the 26th =)
19th. :D

Re: the breastfeeding...did Lora stop partially or completely BFing at 6 months with Tripp and Declan? Methinks with the home birth and doing things au naturale and clean eating and such (speaking of which I had a giggle at someone suggesting SmartOnes dinners to her, hardly anything packaged qualifies as "clean eating" ;)) that she may actually willingly go past 6 months this time. Everett is what, a month now almost? We'll see in 5 months...
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
ohgeez
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ohgeez »

She has said in a ton of videos that she only breastfed Tripp for 2 weeks because she had really bad postpartum depression. She said that she stopped bfing Declan at six months and began giving him formula because formula was good enough for Tripp, so it was good enough for Declan, too. I think she had to get back on her psych meds and stopped nursing Declan because of that. That is why she is doing all of this placenta encapsulation and natural remedies to try to balance herself now, or she won't last long without her meds.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

ohgeez wrote:She has said in a ton of videos that she only breastfed Tripp for 2 weeks because she had really bad postpartum depression. She said that she stopped bfing Declan at six months and began giving him formula because formula was good enough for Tripp, so it was good enough for Declan, too. I think she had to get back on her psych meds and stopped nursing Declan because of that. That is why she is doing all of this placenta encapsulation and natural remedies to try to balance herself now, or she won't last long without her meds.
That's why I thought she had stopped breast feeding, not like she was like eh breast feeding is overrated but because she had to get back on her meds. I think sometimes people forget she has depression and anxiety issues because she's always so bubbly in her videos.
lovethelifeyoulive
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lovethelifeyoulive »

Well I've asked her in comments multiple times and she refuses to give her reason. She's been very open about her meds, postpartum depression, and all of that so why wouldn't she just say that if it was her reason. I think it's some superficial reason and she won't say so no one will judge her.
LurkyMclurkson
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LurkyMclurkson »

lovethelifeyoulive wrote:Well I've asked her in comments multiple times and she refuses to give her reason. She's been very open about her meds, postpartum depression, and all of that so why wouldn't she just say that if it was her reason. I think it's some superficial reason and she won't say so no one will judge her.
I am pretty sure it was if I remember correctly. She stopped just to give her boobs a break.
“A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?”
ohgeez
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ohgeez »

This video explains it all! In this video, she says that she didn't even nurse Tripp for two weeks! Plus, she talks about having such a difficult time not being able to take her meds while breastfeeding and only wanted to bf for 6 months for personal reasons. So, I'm pretty sure that Tripp didn't use a nursing necklace.

ohgeez
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ohgeez »

This one explains it, too. I think that she had a hard time dropping the baby weight while nursing, so she also wanted to stop to get skinny again. That is her superficial reason for stopping. She seemed very overwhelmed with both boys at the time, too. I nursed a newborn and a toddler at the same time and never felt that it was overwhelming because I knew what I was getting into. I wonder if she will stop with Everett and have another superficial reason. Probably not, because she has gotten into proving everyone wrong nowadays.

crazycrazy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crazycrazy »

I cant stand her because she acts like she is freaking 12 years old. Nobody is allowed to rain on princess Lora's parade or she jumps down your throat for giving advice. Just because people give you advice doesnt mean you have to take it, but you might look older then 12 if you were just polite about it! This girl is SO rude even in vlogs. She will say something, and then in a bitchy voice say "I KNOW IT ISNT ALWAYS LIKE THIS LIKE, I ALREADY KNOW SO DONT EVEN COMMENT". Who does that?????
annapaulndaniel
Informer
Informer

Unread post by annapaulndaniel »

It is really nobody's business how long she breastfed for, why she stopped, how she stopped. Formula is a perfectly good form of nutrition and sometimes the better choice for a baby. Poor supply and latch often leads to an unsettled, frustrated, hungry and eventually unhealthy baby. If breastfeeding works well for you and you dont have those issues that is great! But the mental health of the mother is also a HUGE factor to consider. A baby will benefit a lot more from a mother who is treating a known mental illness and taking care of herself, rather than a mother who is battling crippling anxiety and depression just to breastfeed when there is an alternative feeding option.

I am all for breastfeeding but it is not the be all and end all of good mothering.

Plus she is breastfeeding now so why is she being judged in regards to breastfeeding? Lol, not trying to be rude :-) just a different point of view!
Chatabox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Chatabox »

annapaulndaniel wrote:It is really nobody's business how long she breastfed for, why she stopped, how she stopped. Formula is a perfectly good form of nutrition and sometimes the better choice for a baby. Poor supply and latch often leads to an unsettled, frustrated, hungry and eventually unhealthy baby. If breastfeeding works well for you and you dont have those issues that is great! But the mental health of the mother is also a HUGE factor to consider. A baby will benefit a lot more from a mother who is treating a known mental illness and taking care of herself, rather than a mother who is battling crippling anxiety and depression just to breastfeed when there is an alternative feeding option.

I am all for breastfeeding but it is not the be all and end all of good mothering.

Plus she is breastfeeding now so why is she being judged in regards to breastfeeding? Lol, not trying to be rude :-) just a different point of view!
But she didn't have any problems breastfeeding. She stopped because she wanted too, not because it was hard, or that it hurt or due to poor supply. I agree that a happy and healthy mama is more important then breastfeeding. But she stopped simply because she didn't like it.
KatyD
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by KatyD »

Chatabox wrote:
annapaulndaniel wrote:It is really nobody's business how long she breastfed for, why she stopped, how she stopped. Formula is a perfectly good form of nutrition and sometimes the better choice for a baby. Poor supply and latch often leads to an unsettled, frustrated, hungry and eventually unhealthy baby. If breastfeeding works well for you and you dont have those issues that is great! But the mental health of the mother is also a HUGE factor to consider. A baby will benefit a lot more from a mother who is treating a known mental illness and taking care of herself, rather than a mother who is battling crippling anxiety and depression just to breastfeed when there is an alternative feeding option.

But she didn't have any problems breastfeeding. She stopped because she wanted too, not because it was hard, or that it hurt or due to poor supply. I agree that a happy and healthy mama is more important then breastfeeding. But she stopped simply because she didn't like it.

And if she didnt like it, then it would eventually make her unhappy to continue doing it.
No matter what reason she stopped for, it is honestly no ones buisness.
The choice to breast feed is a very personal choice that is up to the mother. Its not up for discussion or debate with other people.
Breast milk or formula ... either way her kids have been fed and they are happy and healthy. And that is all that is important!
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Most mothers stop breastfeeding just "because they want to". Most mothers in the US wean more for their own convenience than letting their baby wean themselves. Most only breastfeed for about a year if they do extended nursing. So it all comes down to personal preference. I don't know why Lora is being made to look like a bad mother for breastfeeding for two weeks when other mothers are getting jumped on because they think are high and mighty for breastfeeding.
Chatabox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

KatyD wrote:
Chatabox wrote:

And if she didnt like it, then it would eventually make her unhappy to continue doing it.
No matter what reason she stopped for, it is honestly no ones buisness.
The choice to breast feed is a very personal choice that is up to the mother. Its not up for discussion or debate with other people.
Breast milk or formula ... either way her kids have been fed and they are happy and healthy. And that is all that is important!

I wasn't trying to jump on her, and I didn't Intend to start a BF vs FF debate at all! I was just clarifying that she didn't stop for health reasons, or breastfeeding problems like you mentioned in your post above.
Chatabox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Sorry. To clarify, it was referring to the post that annapaulndaniel posted above.
SincerelyMe
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SincerelyMe »

I actually enjoy Lora's channel. I don't feel she tries to sale that her life is "perfect". I know no one's life is perfect so that would be ignorant for me to even believe. She seems to really love her boys whether she breastfeeds for 1 month, 24 months or not a all. Thank goodness theres no cookie cutter mold for humans/mothers cause what boring world this would be.
ohgeez
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ohgeez »

I'm not sure how this is going to come across, but I find it to be crazy that Everett is so big already. I know that every baby is different, but it seems like she cannot console him without nursing him. I breastfeed so I'm not hating on her for that, but it is a misconception that breastfed babies can't be overfed. It seems like the only way she knows how to soothe him is by nursing him. Also, I think it shows to how poor her diet has been lately. She says that she is going to start clean eating again, and I think she is eating a ton of unhealthy foods while constantly keeping him on the breast. That is why she was endorsing that weightloss breastfeeding supplement, which I think is ridiculous! If you are eating nutritious foods and nursing, you should give your body more than 6 weeks to lose the weight.
kbeal
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kbeal »

Im sorry if this is a double post I don't feel like reading everything.. But in her last video (the q&a one) Did she really say she only has one kid home when Layton isnt home?

Return to “LoraandLayton”