INK
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Name loves/loathes

Post by INK » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:47 am

drunkunicorn wrote:
JoesWife1 wrote:Dessten (like Destin, Florida) and my youngest is Reesen (like the word reason). I was told I could never have children and when I got pregnant with my first the doctors said that they were sure I'd miscarry and when we had him my husband said we were destine to have this baby even though we had so many complications and that's when his name just became Dessten. With my second I had the same things happen in my pregnancy and again my husband said there is a reason this baby is surviving this pregnancy and again his name just became Reesen. We didn't want our kids to feel like they were only defined by one word so we changed the spelling but we tell our boys and other people what their names mean to us and that's that. --Dessten is destine to go great places and do great things.
--Reesen has every reason to do good and succeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll be completely honest, I personally wouldn't choose those names, however, I absolutely love the meanings behind them and it sounds like they really fit your family :)
I love names with a meaning behind them, such a nice story to tell when you meet someone for the first time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pllfan5 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:52 pm

I'm not having kids anytime soon since I'm in university, but I love names :)
My #1 girl name for years has been Summer. If I have any other girls their names would be Auden, Holland, Amara, or Charlotte
My boy names: Jace (#1 choice), Connor, Mason, Aiden, Ethan, Brody, and Fynley (please don't judge me lol)
#FreeFinleyandJackson
KittyKax
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by KittyKax » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:23 pm

pllfan5 wrote:I'm not having kids anytime soon since I'm in university, but I love names :)
My #1 girl name for years has been Summer. If I have any other girls their names would be Auden, Holland, Amara, or Charlotte
My boy names: Jace (#1 choice), Connor, Mason, Aiden, Ethan, Brody, and Fynley (please don't judge me lol)
I love Charlotte :D My first choice for a girl is always going to be Michele, but Charlotte or Lucy would be second choices.

And Fynley isn't a bad name, just uncommon. He could go by Fynn :)
ItsJess
Amateur
Amateur

Post by ItsJess » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:40 pm

My favorite girl names right now are Elliott Grey, River Kate and Avery Monroe.

Boy names are a little more difficult for some reason. I like Bennett Parker and Henry Asher.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Yue195 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:59 pm

Boy names are super hard, I only like one name, Kellin, and I hope to god whenever I get pregnant and it's a boy that the father will have a name that I like or he likes the name I like.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
ItsJess
Amateur
Amateur

Post by ItsJess » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:05 pm

Yue195 wrote:Boy names are super hard, I only like one name, Kellin, and I hope to god whenever I get pregnant and it's a boy that the father will have a name that I like or he likes the name I like.

My husband goes back and forth on what names he likes,sometimes I wish he just didn't care. Lol
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CypKitty » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:56 pm

I love Sophia (which I ended up naming my daughter), Stella, Payton, Jacob and Elijah
ber614
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ber614 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:13 pm

My son's name is Adrian Laurence.
If I have another boy I like: Jairo, Louie, Khalil, Ethan, Elias and Ephraim.
If I have a girl I like: Nayeli, Julia, Luella, and Anaya.

My husband and his family speak Spanish as their first language, and our last name is a super common Mexican last name, so we try to pick names that work in both languages but aren't super common (but since naming my son I have already met 2 people with his first and last name haha). My husband really wanted our son's middle name to be Lorenzo, but I convinced him to do Laurence instead because of our last name.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by actuallydear » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:44 pm

ItsJess wrote:My favorite girl names right now are Elliott Grey, River Kate and Avery Monroe.

Boy names are a little more difficult for some reason. I like Bennett Parker and Henry Asher.
Hanson fan by any chance?
ItsJess
Amateur
Amateur

Post by ItsJess » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:17 pm

actuallydear wrote:
ItsJess wrote:My favorite girl names right now are Elliott Grey, River Kate and Avery Monroe.

Nope. I don't remember ever listening to them actually. I'm guessing the names I like are similar to their kids names? Lol
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Name loves/loathes

Post by actuallydear » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:21 pm

ItsJess wrote:
actuallydear wrote:

Nope. I don't remember ever listening to them actually. I'm guessing the names I like are similar to their kids names? Lol
Haha, that's funny then! Just had to ask because most of those names aren't very common.

Taylor Hanson has a son, River. Zac Hanson's wife is Kate, Isaac Hanson's son is named Monroe, and one of the Hanson sisters is Avery.
ItsJess
Amateur
Amateur

Post by ItsJess » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:24 pm

actuallydear wrote:

Nope. I don't remember ever listening to them actually. I'm guessing the names I like are similar to their kids names? Lol[/quote]

Haha, that's funny then! Just had to ask because most of those names aren't very common.

Taylor Hanson has a son, River. Zac Hanson's wife is Kate, Isaac Hanson's son is named Monroe, and one of the Hanson sisters is Avery.[/quote]

Oh that's funny! I wanted names that are not to common but not so weird that people can pronounce or spell.
Gre
Talker
Talker

Post by Gre » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:35 am

My son's name is Casillas (kuh-see-us) Jedediah. I originally fight tooth and nail for Silas instead, because I love the name Silas so much. But my husband wasn't having it. He was set on Casillas. It means Favoured by God. Not bad. Until my in-laws call him Silas (see-las -like lush withouth the h- in our languange's dialect). He is now called Jed.

Girl names I love: Amorette, Caprice, Hadassah, Isla, Larissa.

Boy names: Mateo, Cornelius (my Father's name is Cornel), Alaric, Titus, Caine.
Gre
Talker
Talker

Post by Gre » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:06 pm

MamaJoAnna wrote:We have a J-name tradition on my side of the family, but I can't think of a girl J name that would mesh well with our last name (starts with an N sound but not the letter N, so no Jordan or Jillian or anything) to save my life. We do have a boy name (starting with a J) set in stone, but I think we may have to break tradition for the girls. Hubby likes names like "Amanda Elizabeth (our last name)" but I'm not fond of Amanda, and a friend took my favorite baby girl name (granted she didn't know it was my favorite lol...Olivia) so I feel like I can't use it now.

Granted, we won't be actually trying until June, but we're going the way of natural family planning now that we're married...which means for the next 10+ days, no sex. Damn being fertile and not wanting to be heavily pregnant in the summer LMAO
I think Jolanda is a very pretty name.
mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by mommaof2cuties » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:42 pm

I saw someone with name Naveigha.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Yue195 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:03 am

Do people still read this thread? I just came across the name Halo for a girl- I'm neutral with it at the moment.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
alexmorgan
Talker
Talker

Post by alexmorgan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:08 pm

I dont even know if i actually want kids at this point, but i do love reading about names & i have some on my mental "if i ever have a kid" list lol. Im not american and names are (partially) pretty different here so be prepared :D
Boy: Willem,Johan,Koen,Silas
Girl: Iva,Carlien,Erika,Ada,Willemijn,Fenna,Noa
Kryptonite
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by Kryptonite » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:10 pm

Loathe: Juniper.

WTF is that?
#StayPuffy
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by OhHiImSam » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:59 am

Kryptonite wrote:Loathe: Juniper.

WTF is that?
It's a name of a street in my old neighborhood.

I've always liked Carter Marie for a girl and kind of really dig Avi for a boy.

But I am hipster trash, so....
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by RootBeerFloatie » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:05 pm

I think Maddox is hideous and I don't know why people love it so much
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thenightowl » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:32 am

RootBeerFloatie wrote:I think Maddox is hideous and I don't know why people love it so much
Not a huge fan of that name however I do like the name Lennox.
phie20
Informer
Informer

Post by phie20 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:08 pm

Gre wrote:My son's name is Casillas (kuh-see-us) Jedediah. I originally fight tooth and nail for Silas instead, because I love the name Silas so much. But my husband wasn't having it. He was set on Casillas. It means Favoured by God. Not bad. Until my in-laws call him Silas (see-las -like lush withouth the h- in our languange's dialect). He is now called Jed.

Love your name choices! Especially Alaric, reminds me of an old german name "Alarich", with a smooth ending though :) I once knew twin brothers named Alarich & Attila, absolutely love their names. Cornelius and Titus are very pretty too.

My favorite boy names: Kilian, Attila, Fabian, Adam.
My favorite girls names: Marie, Katharina, Ida, Valentina, Marie-Therese, Elisa, Eva-Marie, Josefine, Alma.

Very typical names in german, maybe a little old-fashioned but thats just what I like :) pretty classic.
Pingupingu2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pingupingu2 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:05 am

phie20 wrote:
Gre wrote:My son's name is Casillas (kuh-see-us) Jedediah. I originally fight tooth and nail for Silas instead, because I love the name Silas so much. But my husband wasn't having it. He was set on Casillas. It means Favoured by God. Not bad. Until my in-laws call him Silas (see-las -like lush withouth the h- in our languange's dialect). He is now called Jed.

Love your name choices! Especially Alaric, reminds me of an old german name "Alarich", with a smooth ending though :) I once knew twin brothers named Alarich & Attila, absolutely love their names. Cornelius and Titus are very pretty too.

My favorite boy names: Kilian, Attila, Fabian, Adam.
My favorite girls names: Marie, Katharina, Ida, Valentina, Marie-Therese, Elisa, Eva-Marie, Josefine, Alma.

Very typical names in german, maybe a little old-fashioned but thats just what I like :) pretty classic.
Glad to see my name's among your faves ;) :P
When nothing is certain, anything is possible
ughpleasee
Talker
Talker

Post by ughpleasee » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:13 pm

Is anyone still interested in talking about names? I know it's been a year since the last post, but I'm really into names atm so I wanted to know!

Here are some of my faves:

Girl: Rosemary, Eleanor, Penelope, Astoria, Matilda, Florence, Thea.
Boy: Benjamin, Theodore, Basil, Hugo, Jude, Rafael, Everett.
Junebug8+
Talker
Talker

Post by Junebug8+ » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:10 am

I really hate Jr names and common names that are misspelled.

Return to “General Discussion”