Gift ideas for your spouse/SO?

blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Gift ideas for your spouse/SO?

Unread post by blackbetty »

I am kinda stumped on what to get my boyfriend for Christmas. Anyone wanna share their ideas? Maybe we can inspire each other.

I think I'm going to knit him some Dr. Who socks because he saw a pic and loved them but obviously I wanna give him more than that =p

He's into music and computers and video games so if your guy has similar interests, even better =p he isn't interested in sports AT ALL.
#FreeBen
whatsername_

Re: Gift ideas for your spouse/SO?

Unread post by whatsername_ »

If he has a Steam account, get him a gift card! He can download and play games that way. :)

Caleb loves video game stuff.
Try looking on thinkgeek.com too! Lots of fandom novelties. :)
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

whatsername_ wrote:If he has a Steam account, get him a gift card! He can download and play games that way. :)

Caleb loves video game stuff.
Try looking on thinkgeek.com too! Lots of fandom novelties. :)
I considered Steam but I wondered if I really want to give him the gift of a game to ignore me for :p
#FreeBen
AuntieToABabyBoy:)
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by AuntieToABabyBoy:) »

Me of course lol but no seriously my fiance loves to play video games *sigh*
Being a auntie is the best gift in the world and when I become a mother my life would be perfect <3 :)
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

I love it. ^ Cute ideas.
whatsername_

I've done the deck of cards for Caleb!
Such a sweet idea. :)
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Man I have so much trouble actually doing Pinterest lol right now I mainly have cloth diapers and yarn pinned and I uploaded most of my own pins haha
#FreeBen
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

Blow job. It's all my hubby ever asks for.
VolcomCherry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by VolcomCherry »

thegooseiscooked wrote:Blow job. It's all my hubby ever asks for.
PMSL, my partners birthday is the day after Christmas so this is why he asks for as well! I'm a meanie though. Only special birthday haha.
Chevbowlyn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Chevbowlyn »

Get him a Nintendo DS2 with Poke'mon X or Y.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Doesn't work for me because I don't normally withhold those lololol. I mean I don't do it all the time but it is frequent enough that he doesn't ask! Hahahaha
#FreeBen
briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by briannaspeaks »

Sounds like my man kind of.
Most of the time I do a stocking and do little knick knacks in it. My boyfriend always says not to get him anything or he doesn't need anything and we share almost no common interest so... it's hard. haha.

Maybe just ask him, he might forget what he even said come Christmas time.
This year I'm going to give him his favorite candy, maybe so little doodad key chain things, a car freshener, a new hairbrush (his hair's longer than mine), a nice shampoo, new loofah, body wash,
I really have no idea what to get him either, ahhh.

And I always feel like I have to compete with an ex from the past, she got him a 360 for Christmas.. how do I compete with that?

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."
Chevbowlyn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Chevbowlyn »

How about a Wii U with some games?
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

cakewalked wrote:
blackbettybamf wrote:

Doesn't work for me because I don't normally withhold those lololol. I mean I don't do it all the time but it is frequent enough that he doesn't ask! Hahahaha
You're super girlfriend! I can't.. I don't hate them but just put it in already.
Haha it's like an unspoken rule. He takes care of me and I take care of him =p plus, I am a firm believer that an enthusiastic bj goes a loooong way ;)
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

briannaspeaks wrote:Sounds like my man kind of.
Most of the time I do a stocking and do little knick knacks in it. My boyfriend always says not to get him anything or he doesn't need anything and we share almost no common interest so... it's hard. haha.

Maybe just ask him, he might forget what he even said come Christmas time.
This year I'm going to give him his favorite candy, maybe so little doodad key chain things, a car freshener, a new hairbrush (his hair's longer than mine), a nice shampoo, new loofah, body wash,
I really have no idea what to get him either, ahhh.

And I always feel like I have to compete with an ex from the past, she got him a 360 for Christmas.. how do I compete with that?
I totally feel ya. That's totally me. I have a family and 2 kids to buy for plus my littlest has a mid November birthday. Funds are tight. But keep the ideas coming! I am getting some good ideas! Hopefully you guys are too!
#FreeBen
briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by briannaspeaks »

I don't know if you can sew (though it may not be hard) or where you live but you could make some hand warmers. Make them to fit what he likes (fabric & detailing, shape) He could use them in the mornings/nights.

Make him a nice dessert he likes.
Does he eat fast food ever like for lunch and such? Maybe a gift card there.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."
whatsername_

Seriously thinkgeek.com is a life saver.
I buy Caleb's gifts and his brothers/dad's gifts there too.

It's nerdy and geeky and amazing.
guestgue
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by guestgue »

For nerdy stuff shirts, I like to spend some money at Splitreason.com.
My guy follows a web-comic (and has for 8 years or so), and they carry merch for it.
I also get him a wooden puzzle every year. Like one of those twisted up ones where you have to remove a ring or something. He loves those kind of things, so there's always one in his stocking.
I typically get him some of his favorite hard to get candy.
Underwear/socks
And a game.

It's almost always following that pattern. I know it's predictable, but it's just kind of what we've always done.
“There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” – Fred Rogers

[email protected]
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by strawberries »

A cologne he tried & said he loved the other day❤ & some shirts/hoodies. If he decides to get a phone a couple of cases for him. I was also thinking of some gifts off of etsy like couple's bracelets/neckaces/etc.
PinkPatty
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by PinkPatty »

I also have a hard time with this. Include commitment issues and I just won't get anything! Lol. I try to just stay functional and less flashy (no xbox's/iPhones here) .

ill Definitely get clothes, shoes, a stocking with candy, a watch, cologne, socks, razors!, deodorant, and toothbrush.

It helps to take him through a store. Just walk through real quick or take him to help shop for his mom's gift. You might get something out of him that way. I will also find things he needs for work that are hard to find. My bf is very into electronics, hardware, programming, books, education...so depending on what he is working on or I know he can't find - ill go on a search for it.

I can recommend getting one of those wireless presentation kits. It includes a control and keyboard that way you can set up the flatscreen display and not have to get up if you are watching netflix with a second display. Also those cool magnetic locks for doors that way he can get into his office without unlocking and locking it everytime he leaves. It will automatically unlock when he gets near. Also car parts are always good. I can never think of anything so I just get things that make life easier. I could never buy an Xbox unless he needed it for parts - it wastes way too much time. I'm so glad he doesn't play video games.

If all else fails good food always makes up for crappy gifts!

Return to “Relationships”