TWDfan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Baby Fever

Unread post by TWDfan »

I didn't know where else to put it. :)

How do you guys deal with baby fever? Do you get it a lot?
ImageImage
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Baby Fever

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

I've got it baaaaaaaaaad...I'll admit it. My husband has it too, but we're basically not trying/not preventing right now, as opposed to actively "trying" (I'm not using OPKs or anything like that). What makes it worse is we've signed on to help our roommate babysit a 9-month-old with possibly THE cutest smiles ever. -_- Help meeeee! :lol:
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

I have it soooooooooo badddddd omg.

My 3 year old's occasional tantrum curbs it temporarily. My kids are far apart and I loved that because I really get to enjoy them and let them be the baby... If that makes sense. I never felt like I was rushing them to be more independent because another baby was coming, because they are still the baby. I still feel like my 3 year old is a baby.

My boyfriend wants kids but not right now. Right now he is happy with the ones I have. He's a couple years younger than me and while we are very happy and very serious, having a baby is not in our plans anytime soon. I want to get married before I have any more kiddos.

I am on birth control now and take it religiously. And I mean religiously religiously, not like YT mommy religiously oops I'm pregnant. I'm on the mini pill because I get migraines with aura. It is slightly less effective than the combo pill but it's still like 98% effective. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be excited if my BC failed. The timing isn't great but we could make it work without anyone having to suffer or without having to leech off the government. My cycle is normal for me but it's slightly irregular (can be off a few days from month to month, idk if it's just me or if it's stress or what) but whenever my period comes around or is a day or two late, I swear I invent pregnancy symptoms in my head! It's crazy. So if it failed, I would be nervous but excited. My boyfriend would be okay but I'm terrified of my BC failing. He knows I want another baby (though not now) and I'm worried he would think I would do it on purpose. I would NEVER but I just could not deal if he thought that.

His mom and I are close and she jokes all the time that I should skip a few pills and I'm like no way I would never trap a guy, especially one I deeply love. I want him to be with me because he loves me, not because he feels like he has to because he owes it to his child. She then confessed that she accidentally on purpose got pregnant with my boyfriend (he's an only child) and she thinks it's a great idea! Wtf! She said she thinks he's too young to be a dad right now (though he would be great if it was a legitimate accident and I believe he would be) but that if he doesn't want to try yet in a couple years, I should try by myself. Crazy. And she's wacky but not in a bad way. That's literally the only really insane thing about her except that she talks to me like I'm one of her girlfriends and tells me about her well endowed asshole husband... Haha. No, really, I love the lady and I hope someday she's my MIL because I adore her and she adores me and we both adore her son =p

Sorry to be so long winded! Short version - I have baby fever bad but not ready for another for a couple years. On BC and taking it correctly, secretly wishing to be one of the legit 1-2% of people it fails for, bf's mom jokes constantly about accidentally getting pregnant but I wouldn't.

Are you having more someday? If so -

Btw my boyfriend and I have discussed this all LOL and agreed to this if we are so blessed to have kids together and if not, I'm still doing it.

I have a FHSB (future hopeful someday baby) board on Pinterest where I pin cute baby stuff/nurseries/ideas/crafts/projects/photo ideas etc that I may use someday.
I have casually collected newborn cloth diapers in both gender selections. I have about 30.
I have some beautiful gender neutral yarn I plan to knit into tiny things for #3 eventually (will prob be pregnant w/#3 before I have time!)
I pin cute pregnancy/baby announcements and belly pic ideas
I love on other people's babies!
I save money.

(Disclaimer, Lindsey style: these things take up a very small portion of my time, lol just when I come across things. Don't wanna seem like a pregnancy obsessed Tayler or Lucy ;p)
#FreeBen
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by strawberries »

2 weeks after LO was born I said "I want another" LOL. Definately waiting a while. I just tell myself I should give LO all the attention she could possibly need & that the wait will be beneficial for the both of us. I at least want to finish school. Birth control is my friend ladies.
surferbunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by surferbunny »

I think every woman gets baby fever in different doses at random/different times.. I would get baby fever really bad during like ovulation time almost every month starting at a very young age, even convinced myself I could not have kids just because it was something I wanted so bad that not being able to have kids would have killed me

strange :|
baby # 2 due early 2015 ..fingers crossed for PINK!!
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

strawberries wrote:2 weeks after LO was born I said "I want another" LOL. Definately waiting a while. I just tell myself I should give LO all the attention she could possibly need & that the wait will be beneficial for the both of us. I at least want to finish school. Birth control is my friend ladies.
When I was pregnant with my son, I swore I was one and done but when my daughter was about 4 mos old it started back up! Wtf
#FreeBen
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

I am starting to get it also. Husband has it for sure.
I heard more babies are conceived this time of year.
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

FLOSSY77 wrote:I am starting to get it also. Husband has it for sure.
LO was conceived in October! Ha.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

strawberries wrote:
FLOSSY77 wrote:I am starting to get it also. Husband has it for sure.
LO was conceived in October! Ha.
Lol weird! Neither of mine! I conceived one in August and one in March.
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

We should make a thread to post stuff like what I mentioned pinning! Maybe I will even post a pic of my newborn diaper stash =p
#FreeBen
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

Pinning? As in pinterest pinning? Oh do tell.
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

blackbettybamf wrote:We should make a thread to post stuff like what I mentioned pinning! Maybe I will even post a pic of my newborn diaper stash =p

I think you can post it here. I have all girls so I pin boy stuff sometimes. I love to pin!
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

hjl226

Unread post by hjl226 »

strawberries wrote:2 weeks after LO was born I said "I want another" LOL. Definately waiting a while. I just tell myself I should give LO all the attention she could possibly need & that the wait will be beneficial for the both of us. I at least want to finish school. Birth control is my friend ladies.
Lol I wanted another right away after my son being born too
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

Baby fever can be freaking harsh.
hjl226

Unread post by hjl226 »

strawberries wrote:Baby fever can be freaking harsh.
Like every other day I say I want another one, and my son needs a friend! Then the next day im like wtf was I thinking hes such a handful, I cant imagine 2!! Thank god for birthcontrol because im sure id be pregnant again without it lol.
briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by briannaspeaks »

Nearly all the time recently.
It doesn't help when there are people I know that have a 1st child younger than mine and they already got pregnant with #2 and already given birth to that one.
So many girls I went to high school with already have 2 children, ugh. It puts in persepctive how old mine really is.

And also my sister-in-law (brother-in-laws woman) is fully pregnant right now and everyone's going koo-koo over that child since it was planned and they are living the "fancy life" (even though they're not even close to being financially stable) and nobody made a fuss when I was pregnant since ours was an accident. :| oh well.
My mom has been kind of hinting to me to maybe start trying soon. Since it took her a while with her children, it may take me a while she thinks.

I would love to have a baby soon deep down in my mommy heart, but my mind isn't dumb enough to actually try, haha.
We're still set on trying when our daughter is 7-8. And I don't see that budging anytime soon. :D

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

Nope, stick a fork in me - I am DONE.

I started to think about another one when my daughter was 2 but we were building a house, my son was starting school....it just wasn't the right time.

Then I had to go in for surgery and we thought we might start trying after that. It never happened and I never got baby fever again.

I know technically I am not too old and would still be considered a young mum around these parts (most of my friends are in their 40s having their first) but I feel too old to go through it all again. The sleepless nights, leaky boobs, toilet training....ergh. No thanks. I'm perfectly content to wait for grandchildren now. And I have baby nephews and nieces to dote on in the meantime.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

I want another little newbie!!! But I am not going to have one. As if right now I'm done. But if I ever do find the right guy in the next 10 years I'll reconsider. I love labour and I don't hate being pregnant so it's a win win hahaha.
TWDfan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by TWDfan »

I have baby fever A LOT. I patiently wait though since it's not the right time and I'm only 20. I'll thank myself when I have money for one and at least have a good paying job. I always think it would be nice to have one right now, but getting what I want is not in order in this situation xD. Not right now. I would be lying if I ended up pregnant, I wouldn't be excited. However, I wish to wait if I can :) .
ImageImage

Return to “TTC, Pregnancy, and Parenting”