Off-Topic Banter Part 4

gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Off-Topic Banter Part 4

Unread post by gypsophila »

MC30 wrote:Hi ladies, I just need some advice.
Today, I found out my ex's younger brother has passed away. My husband since day 1 has always asked me to not to talk to him, because he's really jealous.
Today when I found out I couldn't believe it, I was in shock, he was only 18 years old. So, I made the mistake of telling my husband, and he absolutely freaked on me. He started telling me that he didn't care, and neither should I. All I did was tell him, I didn't say I wanted to contact my ex.
Anyway, he's really mad at me and just keeps ignoring me. But, I don't think telling him was such a bad thing. Was it?
You SHOULD be allowed to share things with your husband. He shouldn't be overwhelmed with jealousy, especially under these circumstances. It's up to you how you handle that, but when being honest is considered a mistake, I think you need to take a look at your relationship in general. He shouldn't be telling you what to do or not do. He's your husband, not your parent. :)
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
TaylorKnows

Re: Off-Topic Banter Part 3

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

You should be able to talk about the loss, it's selfish of him to not allow you to talk about that. I'd try to talk to him, civilly about it. Had the situation been reversed, how would he feel? You should be able to tell him that.
Emcee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Off-Topic Banter Part 4

Unread post by Emcee »

Thank you ladies.
I wasn't close to the family, but we live in such a small town where everyone knows each other. I was definitely in shock, and I still can't believe it. That was the only reason I needed to talk to him about it. He apologized for being an asshole. So we are good now.
:love2:

Unread post by Guest »

How about sending a card to the family and signing it from both of you. It's a very severe thing for a family to go through, and I don't think any hard feelings from past events will get in the way of a sentimental expression of sorrow for someone.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

Okay so to the people who did certificates or diploma degrees; how long did it take til you get a job in the field you studied for?

I am about to finish my Certificate 4 in Beauty Therapy and yet I still haven't gotten anywhere. I feel like I just wasted 6 grand and a year of my life now as I have been looking for months. I keep seeing all the other girls in my course get jobs ( even ones I applied for but was told I didn't have enough experience to work for them, yet these other girls who have the same amount of experience are getting hired ) I'm just over it. And what shits me the most was I was told at the begining that the teacher would help me find a job so I can get into the industry, my teacher has done jackshit and when I ask for help she tells me it's not her problem. Really? It's not your problem that your supposed to be helping me as you are my lecturer and should care about us getting in the industry or you just care about getting paid? Fucking hell, I have been trying for years to get a job and was always told not enough experience, overstaffed or too late. I ended up just focusing on school then that went shit and still couldn't get job. I can't even apply for GA of any sort to help me out as I live with my parents and I'm classified as too rich and white in their systems.

At this point I am just ready to walk off a cliff.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

This is so heartbreaking. Connie, one of the mommies from the channel What's up Moms died following complications with the birth of her baby daughter. She leaves behind a husband and a little boy (and the newborn daughter).
It's so awful..
[youtube][/youtube]
up all night, got demons to fight
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

So sad! What happened?
VolcomCherry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by VolcomCherry »

Never watched that channel before I'll have to check it out. Wow that's so so heartbreaking =(
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

ladybug wrote:So sad! What happened?
They didn't really disclose the details, her baby girl was born the 14th, she died the 21st. It's unimaginable... :(
up all night, got demons to fight
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

I first saw Connie on a collab with Mari Bits & Clips. Just a few weeks ago. Very sad.
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

sleep84 wrote:
They didn't really disclose the details, her baby girl was born the 14th, she died the 21st. It's unimaginable... :(
Oh my goodness this all happened this month!? :( how does this happen? Life is just so unfair. :(.
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I know she was considering a vbac I wonder if that was the cause. Anybody know any specifics?
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

subject99 wrote:
sleep84 wrote:
Oh my goodness this all happened this month!? :( how does this happen? Life is just so unfair. :(.

How did you find out her passing was days after the birth? Thanks for the update.
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by strawberries »

AutumnLane wrote:I first saw Connie on a collab with Mari Bits & Clips. Just a few weeks ago. Very sad.
That's where I recognized her from as well. Scary that chilbirth can still lead to death with all the technological advances we have today. She was too young. I hope her family is doing okay & managing to cope with the loss. RIP.
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

strawberries wrote:
AutumnLane wrote:I first saw Connie on a collab with Mari Bits & Clips. Just a few weeks ago. Very sad.
That's where I recognized her from as well. Scary that chilbirth can still lead to death with all the technological advances we have today. She was too young. I hope her family is doing okay & managing to cope with the loss. RIP.
Is that the girl that she did the vlog about preparing your child for a new brother or sister? :-o
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Yep :( that's her
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

That's incredibly sad. :(

I wonder what happened. It could have been a bad hemmorhage, but usually that is immediately fatal. Or, possibly it was a complication that caused an aneurysm. That makes more sense, since it was a week after birth.
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Maybe they had her on life support for a week. I know it's hard but I wish they would have given more information so viewers have closure. It feels unreal I watched almost all her videos after I found her channel.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

So sad. Her friend narrating broke my heart too, on the verge of tears the whole time. Just awful
#FreeBen
LizLee30

Unread post by LizLee30 »

Wow... I watched that video with Marie when it was first put up and I remember thinking how lovely Connie was. That's so sad.

Return to “Off Topic Archive”