Overdue advice please!

old_soul_here
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Overdue advice please!

Unread post by old_soul_here »

My Best Friend just called, ladies I need your advice, did any of you go over with your kiddies?
Her midwife hasn't done any cervical exams etc all pregnancy so im not sure if her cervix is thinning out or if baby is engaged, Midwife is real crunchy (I like her a lot), but she called wanting to know what I thought about induction and stretch and sweeps, I could tell her about s&s as I had one with mr2 and it worked like a charm but I was already two centimeters dilated. So yeah advice for me to pass on to her, I mentioned walking, nipples and sex, and told her if she didn't stay away from castor oil I would whack her into next tuesday pregnant or not. She also mentioned that baby is apparently still growing a little bit, which made me wonder if maybe her dates are off?
Shes only 3 days over but they're talking induction on the 23rd, Sand S on Monday.
She has had no pain, says shes not waddling, no discharge at all, no diaherra, no braxton hicks, I had on off contractions for a few days before my stretch and sweep, then was in active 6cm dilated within 12 hours.
It's her first so all very normal I think, but her mum comes down this weekend and is only staying for a week so she is worried mum will miss it. This is posted with permission from her
mumma2one

Re: Overdue advice please!

Unread post by mumma2one »

Hello!!

I was not over due with my son or anything, my labour started spontaneously but two days before I had him my mum did this pressure point on my foot that is suppose to help baby engage & trigger labour. I found the video on YouTube, not saying that it was the reason I went into labour or if my son was just ready...(He was two weeks early).

But it doesn't hurt to try it. She is only three days over which isn't bad & as you said her dates could be off but if she wants to avoid induction if not necessary then there's no hurt in trying anything from walking heaps, scrubbing the floors lol, etc...
Good luck to her & a healthy baby :-)
old_soul_here
Gossiper
Gossiper

That's what I told her =D woke up to a facebook msg saying she woke to bloody discharge and regular cramping, though she wasn't amused when I rang her saying thunderbirds are go =P I've been calling her fertile Myrtle for a week. Im mobilizing the troops in case she wants me to be with her, she has been saying she just wants Husband but I want to be prepared just in case.
mumma2one

Unread post by mumma2one »

old_soul_here wrote:That's what I told her =D woke up to a facebook msg saying she woke to bloody discharge and regular cramping, though she wasn't amused when I rang her saying thunderbirds are go =P I've been calling her fertile Myrtle for a week. Im mobilizing the troops in case she wants me to be with her, she has been saying she just wants Husband but I want to be prepared just in case.

Thats awesome!!!!!! Yes be prepared in case lol. When I was to go into labour, I only wanted my boyfriend but that soon changed! Lol. I guess until you are actually in the situation you do not know what you want & thats why I never really had a plan, just went with the flow :-)
old_soul_here
Gossiper
Gossiper

still on 10min mild contractions, taken some panadol for them this morning, Im so excited right now Im really hoping I get called in as labour support because otherwise im going to be insufferable to poor partner with how hyper and worried I am about my girl

Return to “TTC, Pregnancy, and Parenting”