Bonnie Hoellein

westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein

Unread post by westwuff »

Unfortunately everything to do with parenting is controversial! Just look at all the mommy wars. I can't say I agree with everything Bonnie does, but I love and appreciate her transparency and honesty. Very refreshing.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie Hoellein

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Bonnie gets judged and flamed hard for what she shows and how she parents, but she's at least genuine. She loves her kids, and doesn't really seem thirsty for fame. She puts out her own vlogs, looks after 4 kids and has a working husband. She also does beauty vids. She is hard working and when people call her lazy because she needs a break here and there (when pregnant no less) it drives me crazy.

Being a stay at home mom is harder than people think. My husband has an incredibly technical and skilled job. That said, he'd much rather be working long hours everyday than chase the kids around. This morning it took an hour for out crawling 10 month old to tire him out. Most me can do 1 thing at a time, and to stay at home and look after a house you have to multitask hard

I think Bonnie gets criticized because she isn't more like Ellie, but Ellie is spoiled. I don't think she could handle half of what Bonnie does. #sorrynotsorry. She is very dependent on Jared, whereas Bonnie is used to Joel being gone. Bonnie and Joel have a more realistic marriage IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

"You can't buy Babywise books in stores anymore..."
YEAH BECAUSE CHILDREN WERE DYING BECAUSE OF THEM.
Fucking hell Bonnie. I'm sorry but Babywise is torture IMO. It's what the Duggars used and it's main goal is to teach INFANTS "obedience".
How do they teach this very abstract concept to an infant who cannot yet recognize faces? Oh! Starve them and keep them in a dark room for hours on end!
A perfect way to have your newborn start off life with severe attachment issues.
Perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Deadhead_kay »

rodgerdodger wrote:"You can't buy Babywise books in stores anymore..."
Fucking hell Bonnie. I'm sorry but Babywise is torture IMO. It's what the Duggars used and it's main goal is to teach INFANTS "obedience".
How do they teach this very abstract concept to an infant who cannot yet recognize faces? Oh! Starve them and keep them in a dark room for hours on end!
A perfect way to have your newborn start off life with severe attachment issues.
Perfect.

BUT Bonnie is Soooo open and honest it doesn't really matter that she follows a book that teaches you to neglect your child!
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

rodgerdodger wrote:"You can't buy Babywise books in stores anymore..."
Perfect.

From my understanding that is not what the book teaches *at least the revised version. It teaches to feed, play, then sleep as the schedule and says to always feed your baby when hungry. Of course the book does say that crying does not = hungry (which is true), so try to eliminate other discomforts without resorting to feeding immediately every time.

Maybe Bonnie meant everything is online now when she said you can't find it in the store (didn't watch the vlog yet)? Bookstores have been struggling in the past few years with the increasing popularity of eReaders.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Oh come on, she admits to following BW, lets stop trying to reason that she doesn't when she admits that she does!
rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Oh come on, she admits to following BW, lets stop trying to reason that she doesn't when she admits that she does!
"To a T"

westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Didn't say she didn't follow babywise. I said babywise is not what you are describing.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

1. You can still buy the book. A simple Google search solves that.

2. She does get up with Linc and feeds when he asks from what she's shown in the vlogs. I know she says "to a T" but clearly she doesn't. think the comparison to the Duggers is a lot of assumption. The Dugger children are robots. Bonnie's kids clearly aren't.

I get people want to hate on Bonnie, but there are a ton of assumptions being made here....

usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

Lincoln and Boston were very cute in this video.

Not sure I get why Bonnie is bragging about being "an aggressive beast" driver with her newborn in the car? I just don't understand her sometimes......
Nini12
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nini12 »

I think Bonnie feels more secure saying that she follows certain book or technique even if she doesn't (like saying that she does the blanket thing and we can see that her kids never stay still near that glass table), just like Ellie feels better taking recommendations from comments on twitter about nursing Calvin. Personally (maybe this is because from where I'm from it's not common) I wouldn't think of applying something I read in one of those books that tell you how to do something (like Dave Ramsey or the book that Bonnie recommended).
^^^ Sorry if there are any mistakes guys, english is not my first language
lalila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lalila »

I might be the only one, but I think that Lincoln looks a lot like Bonnie.
BunnyandBear
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BunnyandBear »

I hate how she expects Lincoln to sleep through the night. When my son was that age I didn't expect him to sleep more than 2hrs at a time but when he did go longer I was grateful for it. It's an expectation that your going to be up several times a night with a newborn!

AEM210
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by AEM210 »

BunnyandBear wrote:I hate how she expects Lincoln to sleep through the night. When my son was that age I didn't expect him to sleep more than 2hrs at a time but when he did go longer I was grateful for it. It's an expectation that your going to be up several times a night with a newborn!
Agreed! How do you get to baby # 4 and have tons of nieces and nephews and not expect that? And he was only 7 lbs so his stomach is tinier. I have 4 kids and 2 of them were 9.5 lbs and they only woke up once in the middle of the night then they slept through by 4 to 6 weeks old and I never let a baby cry it out. They were just bigger babies so that helped them take more and feel satisfied.
I'm also surprised ( although I shouldn't be) that she doesn't have a bassinet right by her bed. My babies loved that too, I swear they slept better just hearing me near...

AEM210
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by AEM210 »

I hate how she expects Lincoln to sleep through the night. When my son was that age I didn't expect him to sleep more than 2hrs at a time but when he did go longer I was grateful for it. It's an expectation that your going to be up several times a night with a newborn!
Agreed! How do you get to baby # 4 and have tons of nieces and nephews and not expect that? And he was only 7 lbs so his stomach is tinier. I have 4 kids and 2 of them were 9.5 lbs and they only woke up once in the middle of the night then they slept through by 4 to 6 weeks old and I never let a baby cry it out. They were just bigger babies so that helped them take more and feel satisfied.
I'm also surprised ( although I shouldn't be) that she doesn't have a bassinet right by her bed. My babies loved that too, I swear they slept better just hearing me near...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

AEM210 wrote:I hate how she expects Lincoln to sleep through the night. When my son was that age I didn't expect him to sleep more than 2hrs at a time but when he did go longer I was grateful for it. It's an expectation that your going to be up several times a night with a newborn!

[/quote]

I swear there was a video where she was complaining about having to rearrange the furniture in her bedroom. Was it not something extra for the baby? I can't find it now.
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

I think I have to take a break from Bonnie's vlogs. It's actually stressing me out to watch the way Lincoln is getting manhandled by the kids.
ButterflyB
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ButterflyB »

Yeah the kids are way too rough and don't have any discipline around that baby. Plus, it irks me that she let's those kids rub their lips/mouths all over him and let's the baby suck on their lips...gross!!

Sent from my Samsung s5 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Lincoln lives in a house with 3 young siblings. They love him. It could be worse.

The way people describe Bonnie's vlogs, and how they actually are when I watch are always so different

For those without kids, sorry to break it to you, but Bonnie and Joel are a lot more relatable than most other vloggers. I think Bonnie is adjusting well to the 4, and Linc has settled in. It's nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

It's like they didn't teach them that babies are fragile! And Cody picking him up is so scary

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”