Bonnie Hoellein

minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein

Unread post by minmouse »

Yeah, I don't think she'd learn. She would totally say something to minimize it/blow it off.
karunohana
Informer
Informer

Unread post by karunohana »

To her defence, she's a mom of 4. The more children you have, the relaxed you are. I'm not saying I like that she lets her children be in dangerous situations, but I'm sure she wasn't that relaxed as a mom of 2 for example.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

I love baby snuggles as much as the next person (probably even more) but... Is anyone else kinda uncomfortable with how they constantly try to kiss Lincoln right on/in the mouth? Just seems really wierd.
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

Poor Bonnie. First meltdown.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Awww I teared up with her. Joel is such a sweet hubby, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lurkymclurkerston wrote:Awww I teared up with her. Joel is such a sweet hubby, too.

That is a legit bad day. I expected to see her upset about something frivolous, but a bad dentist appointment where you're worried about your baby crying would just be awful. I felt her pain.

Plus having bathroom issues while BFing would suck! I bet every time she laid him on the floor and ran to the bathroom he screamed the whole time. High stress for sure.

I can sympathize with wanting things to go according to plan when your husband is off and you want to spend time with them.

And speaking of high stress...The constant kid chatter! I don't know how she does it... especially early in the morning after almost no sleep.

There's no way I could handle 4 kids.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
lurkymclurkerston wrote:Awww I teared up with her. Joel is such a sweet hubby, too.

That is a legit bad day. I expected to see her upset about something frivolous, but a bad dentist appointment where you're worried about your baby crying would just be awful. I felt her pain.

Plus having bathroom issues while BFing would suck! I bet every time she laid him on the floor and ran to the bathroom he screamed the whole time. High stress for sure.

I can sympathize with wanting things to go according to plan when your husband is off and you want to spend time with them.

And speaking of high stress...The constant kid chatter! I don't know how she does it... especially early in the morning after almost no sleep.

There's no way I could handle 4 kids.
I agree, she had legitimate reason to cry and feel emotional. I like that she leaves those moments in her vlogs. Fussy baby early, early in the morning. Having the bubble guts at the same time. Super frustrating! Also, doesn't this show she doesn't actually follow BabyWise in the way that people thought she did? I still don't know much about BW.

My husband is home about six days out of the month, so I definitely would be sad if I was so exhausted and didn't get to cling to him while he was off. I'm a stage 10 clinger lol.

And today's video... That song Olivia sang. I was thinking the SAME thing as Bonnie "did you just make that up or was it real?!" Hahahaha

OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

I'm curious why she doesn't feed Lincoln until he's full and content. She seems to think cutting him off a bit early is the way to go. And I'm still so surprised he sleeps 5, 6, 7 hour stretches!
genericusername
Talker
Talker

Unread post by genericusername »

OldHag wrote:I'm curious why she doesn't feed Lincoln until he's full and content. She seems to think cutting him off a bit early is the way to go. And I'm still so surprised he sleeps 5, 6, 7 hour stretches!
She said she nurses for about 45 minutes though. Would that not be enough for him to get completely full? I know absolutely nothing about breastfeeding but that seems long to me.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

OldHag wrote:I'm curious why she doesn't feed Lincoln until he's full and content. She seems to think cutting him off a bit early is the way to go. And I'm still so surprised he sleeps 5, 6, 7 hour stretches!
I would say he's sleeping that long because he obviously is full and content. Hungry babies don't generally sleep just because their parents want them to Image
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

She's mentioned that she stopped feeding him, but he's still hungry. Also the way he's rooting around for the breast indicates he's hungry. He settles for a binky as we can see, but I was curious whether its a Babywise thing or why she doesn't usually nurse him fully, to sleep. And its unusual for a very young breastfed baby to be able to go more than 2-4 hours without eating, nor is it recommended.
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by westwuff »

Very young babies have a rooting reflex. They do that with anything that strokes their lips/cheek and does not necessarily indicate hunger. Doesn't go away until about 4 months old. It's not recommended to nurse your child completely to sleep because they then may be unable to fall asleep without nursing. Makes it harder down the line. 45 minutes is a long nursing session. If he's still hungry than it's likely a growth spurt and will be gone in a day or so. My kiddo never nursed for more than 5 minutes in a nursing session, so every child is different, but few really need more than 20 minutes if they are alert, awake, and actively nursing. He is likely nursing that long so he can go for a longer stretch between feeds.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

westwuff wrote:Very young babies have a rooting reflex. They do that with anything that strokes their lips/cheek and does not necessarily indicate hunger. Doesn't go away until about 4 months old. It's not recommended to nurse your child completely to sleep because they then may be unable to fall asleep without nursing. Makes it harder down the line. 45 minutes is a long nursing session. If he's still hungry than it's likely a growth spurt and will be gone in a day or so. My kiddo never nursed for more than 5 minutes in a nursing session, so every child is different, but few really need more than 20 minutes if they are alert, awake, and actively nursing. He is likely nursing that long so he can go for a longer stretch between feeds.
Yep. All of this. Nursing to sleep is a bad habit. It's ok if you want to do it because of co-sleeping, baby snuggles, etc, but it really does become a problem when baby moves to their own room.
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

OldHag wrote:She's mentioned that she stopped feeding him, but he's still hungry. Also the way he's rooting around for the breast indicates he's hungry. He settles for a binky as we can see, but I was curious whether its a Babywise thing or why she doesn't usually nurse him fully, to sleep. And its unusual for a very young breastfed baby to be able to go more than 2-4 hours without eating, nor is it recommended.
I've been saying this all along. My theory is that Bonnie wants the baby on her schedule, instead of being on the baby's schedule. I think that's why she doesn't keep him in her room, too.

Breastfeed babies normally poop a often too, and in one video Joel mentioned that he thought Lincoln had a dirty diaper, and Bonnie acted really happy like she had been waiting for that to happen. Strange......
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Moms are happy for poopy diapers because it means you won't have a fussy baby with a stomach ache, and it's a good indication that baby is feeding well.

Co-sleeping is a choice, and actually not as common as TV/books would lead you to believe. I really don't think she should be vilified for most of the things people keep mentioning just because she doesn't fit the more romantic and glorified view of motherhood. Honestly, a working husband and multiple children looks a lot more like B&J than any other YTers I can think of.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Moms are happy for poopy diapers because it means you won't have a fussy baby with a stomach ache, and it's a good indication that baby is feeding well.

Co-sleeping is a choice, and actually not as common as TV/books would lead you to believe. I really don't think she should be vilified for most of the things people keep mentioning just because she doesn't fit the more romantic and glorified view of motherhood. Honestly, a working husband and multiple children looks a lot more like B&J than any other YTers I can think of.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”