Samika? Part 1

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Samika? Part 1

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I just started watching them. I currently like them but I can't believe he quit his job! What are all these guys thinking? They don't even have a ton of followers and most videos have on average 15,000 views.

I wish I knew how much they made from YT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bffb3
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Re: Samika?

Unread post by bffb3 »

Anyone else watches them? What do you all think about them getting a puppy?
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I can't imagine a crawling baby and a puppy who is going to be huge in that little apartment.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I have a 4 month old and we just got a beagle puppy. The ONLY reason we got one is because our old beagle had passed away, but we knew what we were getting into and we have a 7 year old to help out with care and training. It's a ton of work and I don't think Samika is thinking passed "yay puppies!'.

Prediction... the dog will become Sam's responsibility. It will get big and strong-willed, they will always be trying to keep him from licking or stepping on Noah, and he will drive Jennika nuts in such a tiny apartment.
spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

I really can't get into them. I don't know what it is but they are super boring to me. :/ Any super fun vlogs they have I can check out and see?

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

spacekitty wrote:I really can't get into them. I don't know what it is but they are super boring to me. :/ Any super fun vlogs they have I can check out and see?

Not that I've found, but I just started watching after playlist. I think they're being so impulsive about the puppy thing though, that it makes me think they are a bit immature. Sorry, labs don't take 3.5 years to grow to full size. It will overtake their apartment long before they even think of buying a house. I'll probably watch from time to time just for that.
ohgoodness
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ohgoodness »

I only watch cause Sam is hot lol
bffb3
Informer
Informer

Unread post by bffb3 »

I really like them. I find some of their vlogs boring but I think that's because their life is quite mundane. Anyway, I still think they are the most genuine family vloggers on YT right now.
I think they have thought about getting a puppy a lot but since they hadn't mentioned it in the vlogs it's been seen as a spur of the moment thing. The videos will be more interesting and cute with a puppy but with such a small house and such a small kid (not even gonna mention the fact they don't have a stable job) is not the best decision. Potty training Noah and the puppy is going to be interesting.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Know what's annoying? When your baby sleeps though the night but your puppy doesn't, and instead cries all night. It's bad enough in a house, but in an apartment? It's going to be loud and wake Noah up if puppy cries and yelps all night.

He might not cry if they let him sleep in the bed with them, but then they aren't crate training and they will have no way to separate puppy and Noah ever. I'm not hating, I just think it's going to be rough. And such a big dog too!

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:Know what's annoying? When your baby sleeps though the night but your puppy doesn't, and instead cries all night. It's bad enough in a house, but in an apartment? It's going to be loud and wake Noah up if puppy cries and yelps all night.

He might not cry if they let him sleep in the bed with them, but then they aren't crate training and they will have no way to separate puppy and Noah ever. I'm not hating, I just think it's going to be rough. And such a big dog too!

They mentioned crate training in the last vlog but I'm not sure they're doing it right. When I was crate training, my dog was essentially in the crate for most of the day except every few hours for potty and a few hours at night and in the morning for play time. The point is that they have just enough space to sit, stand, lay down, turn around and not much more. And you have to do it way because I tried to give my pup more space and she just kept peeing in one corner and sleeping in another. If you give them less space, they learn to hold it because given the choice, dogs will not lie down where they go potty. I think they're overwhelming him by taking him out every 20 min. How will he learn to hold it? Even after he's trained, he'll end up at the door trying to get out constantly cuz he'll know that they'll take him. They're sooo afraid of him having an accident (I would be too if my baby was crawling around on the floor) that he may not learn much for awhile.

Also, even in the crate, he'll cry for the first couple days but eventually he will learn that he has to stay there all night. I always wondered if you could put a blanket over like a bird. I never tried it because my dog had essentially her own room (an extra game/TV room that no really went in much) that I could turn all the lights off and shut the door.

Sorry long post. We'll see if they figure out the crate training but maybe some people (maybe me if I'm so inclined) will help them out. They always seem to take advice well unlike a lot of other YouTubers.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

After watching today's vlog I was impressed with how Sam and Jenn were handling things.... then I read the comments. Looks like they already ditched the puppy.

Is gonna be hard to watch them now and not think they are flakey as fuck. They didn't even give him a chance to settle in.

Also not impressed they bought him from a backyard breeder. They gave the puppy to a friend and any reputable breeder would have taken the puppy back (and not made it live outside its whole life).

bffb3
Informer
Informer

Unread post by bffb3 »

I get that they're trying to protect Noah but I can't help but feel disappointed by how they've handled everything. Puppies are puppies, they are rambunctious and don't learn not to pee inside by themselves. They didn't even give him a couple of days to settle in.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

bffb3 wrote:I get that they're trying to protect Noah but I can't help but feel disappointed by how they've handled everything. Puppies are puppies, they are rambunctious and don't learn not to pee inside by themselves. They didn't even give him a couple of days to settle in.
I think Noah is just too young to have a puppy in a tiny apartment. If he was a little older (even a few months) or if they were in a bigger house or condo, the puppy would probably have worked out better. I think if they try to get one in the future, Jenn needs to calm down a little. She seemed so nervous and jumpy about the whole thing.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

The annoying thing is that they were warned about this. TONS of people were pointing out that puppies are hard, and not having a yard will make it even harder. They just didn't want to hear it.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I really like them, but this whole puppy thing annoys me. I think doing youtube fulltime is already a mistake. Sam doesn't really know what to do with himself.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Lovethesnark wrote:I really like them, but this whole puppy thing annoys me. I think doing youtube fulltime is already a mistake. Sam doesn't really know what to do with himself.
I agree about the Sam seeming a bit lost. Full time YT has made some of my favorite vloggers turn into lazy sloths. I hope this doesn't happen to them.

That said, I liked how he addressed things in his video, and that he owned it. A lot of other vloggers would have blocked any hateful comments and got all defensive.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I unsubscribed.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Wow, and now they are moving to work for Trixin? Another impulsive decision, hope this one works out better.

ohgoodness
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ohgoodness »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:Wow, and now they are moving to work for Trixin? Another impulsive decision, hope this one works out better.

Which makes me wonder if that's the real reason they got rid of the puppy?
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

They are quickly turning into a train wreck.

Return to “Q-Z”