We are working on a solution for the slow loading pages problem! Please report any other errors to bipolarmorgan via PM or via email at [email protected]

Who Was Your First YT Mom?

KLBooze
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Who Was Your First YT Mom?

Post by KLBooze » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:18 pm

My first YouTube mom was Carla Bubblelush. I miss her. I followed her from the beginning of her journey. My next was Jesssfam back in 2011 she is why I joined here in 2011

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
natalka81
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by natalka81 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:44 pm

Mine was Ruby from 8 Passengers. I was googling something on Cystic Fibrosis of all things, and then The Frey Life came up as a suggestion. Watched that and then 8 Passengers popped up. I had NO idea that people did this kind of thing and, having a bit of a background in anthropology, was very intrigued.
I have never subscribed to any of these vloggers. I still watch 8 passengers regularly but I definitely think they've changed a lot since I first started watching in December 2016. Much louder, richer, more obnoxious, more entitled...
I can't quite remember how I found YTMD. I think it was just from googling 8 Passengers to find out more about this phenomenon of family vlogging (I still can't really believe people film their lives for other people to watch!).
After 8 Passengers, it was Bonnie, Ellie, Inghams, Daily Bumps, Chloe and Beans, Epik Brandon, and April and Davey. I've seen a bunch of others too but I don't watch any of them regularly any more- it's all too depressing!
lip
Amateur
Amateur

Post by lip » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:22 pm

Who was you first YouTube mom?
Laura from "Day by Day vlogs" https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgneYJ ... _polymer=1, I subscribed to them when they had 40 subscribers. By now the are at about 38'000. But it took them more than 2 years to get to 1000 subscribers. And then another year to get to 3000. Only in 2018 the channel finally went into 5 digits and now it's growing utterly fast.

How did you find your first mom?
Don't know anymore, by random, I guess.

Do you still follow them?
Somewhat, yes. I'm still subscribed, but mouse-skip through most videos since they recently went from generic family vlogging to a very horse-focused theme, and I don't care much about that stuff.

How have your feelings towards them changed?
Granted, Laura and her husband were always on the heavy side, and it was clear that the kids would be the same body type. Funnily enough the older daughter is actually quite slim and lean in relation to her parents, although she's a early developer as by the looks she could be 13 or 14, but is only 11yo. But the younger daughter is basicly a ball of fat. And she's stuffing herself with sweets all the time. I always wondered when the parents would intervene, but that never happend, wasn't even theme once.

Also the channel has by now reached the (dreaded) "we-have-a-PO-box-send-us-stuff" point. And the girls are getting showered with toy horses, clothes, horse stuff (and sadly sweets). Getting spoiled like this at a young age isn't healty.

Basicly I'm only still subscribed because I was there from the beginning.

How did you find YTMD?
Needed a place to rant about the Tannerites (or Yawi family by now). YTMD came up first when I googled "Tannerites + dad + annoying". LOL.
lip
Amateur
Amateur

Post by lip » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:33 am

^ In addition Laura from "Day by Day" is probably one of the last Youtubers still filming with interlaced video, it may be HD, but the half-frames make the picture quality so bad, espacially while vlogging with an shaky handheld camera.
pennyajdg
Informer
Informer

Who Was Your First YT Mom?

Post by pennyajdg » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:34 am

Gosh I started watching YT moms in 2010 and can hardly remember who the first was I’m guess it was Emily Wok, what we her channel name Teenmommy2010 or something she started that trend of putting the year and teen mom in the user name. It could have been Jess (gabeandgess) or Lucy Eades as well

I first found them by searching baby essentials or something like that.

I still watch Jess, and follow lucy, and Emily disappeared.

I found ytmd from being on GG, and I found GG from finding the Jessica got pregnant on purpose blog, which was mentioned in the comments of her the truth video or something.

My feelings haven’t really changed, I thought they were a mess then and they are all still a mess lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Playsinrain » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:17 am

Lucy Eades. No clue how i stumbled across her, but she was TTCing her 2nd at that time and she's now on her 6th kid. I watched her until she stopped vlogging and i honestly miss her vlogs. Found Lora and Layton soon after that and i enjoyed watching her as well.

Also speaking of Lucy.. does anyone else remember the girl Lacy that vlogged as well for a hot minute? She had her baby JJ, i think the dad was an ex con maybe? She and Lucy had a falling out over breastfeeding vs formula feeding (it was some huge ass drama that was insanely ridiculous). I think about her from time to time and wonder if she's still on YT or some other social media. I would like to know what she was up too now.
hooboy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by hooboy » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:21 am

Lora and Layton. I feel like it was about 2011ish? And I have absolutely no idea how I got there. YouTube was way weirder with recommendations back then
aurorajane
Amateur
Amateur

Post by aurorajane » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:55 pm

I'm ashamed to say this but it was Vanessa.....
LilyLu
Amateur
Amateur

Post by LilyLu » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:00 am

Lucy Eades
hnelson1443
Talker
Talker

Post by hnelson1443 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:47 am

My first was technically Judy Travis. I found her family vlog from her beauty channel links. Then the first mom only channel was LoveMeg...Mrs. Sellout.

I found YTMD while googling Ellie and Jared because they seemed too fake/ all about $$$.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”