Blighted ovum?

Mommyandcit
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Blighted ovum?

Unread post by Mommyandcit »

So I mostly just lurk on here but I know some of you are mommies so I need some help please. My husband and I have been TTC for 7 months. I had an ultrasound last Monday and should have been around 9 weeks give or take. They found a gestational sac and yolk sac but no baby. They rescheduled the ultrasound for this coming Tuesday. I'm really scared. What are the chances of there magically appearing a baby this far along
Florida. Where the sun shines and idiots get drunk and streak. Gosh I love my state.
longhairdontcare1006
Informer
Informer

Re: Blighted ovum?

Unread post by longhairdontcare1006 »

Mommyandcit wrote:So I mostly just lurk on here but I know some of you are mommies so I need some help please. My husband and I have been TTC for 7 months. I had an ultrasound last Monday and should have been around 9 weeks give or take. They found a gestational sac and yolk sac but no baby. They rescheduled the ultrasound for this coming Tuesday. I'm really scared. What are the chances of there magically appearing a baby this far along
Are your periods regular? When did you find out about the pregnancy?
longhairdontcare1006
Informer
Informer

Ahh also, since you've been TTC, I assume you found out before AF was due or shortly after. In that case, it is not a good chance that there will be a baby if you're supposed to be 9 weeks :(. If you were supposed to be 5-6 weeks I'd say there could be a possibility due to late O or implantation.
Mommyandcit
Amateur
Amateur

My periods vary. Sometimes it comes exactly 28 days later and sometimes 34 days later. I got my first BFP on 4 April
Florida. Where the sun shines and idiots get drunk and streak. Gosh I love my state.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

I would prepare for the worst. Your chances aren't zero by any means but I'd try to go in expecting there to be no baby so you are somewhat prepared for the news. Then if they don't find one, you will have started the mourning process and if they do, it's an exciting plot twist.

Fingers crossed for you
#FreeBen
longhairdontcare1006
Informer
Informer

Mommyandcit wrote:My periods vary. Sometimes it comes exactly 28 days later and sometimes 34 days later. I got my first BFP on 4 April
Unfortunately, there may not be anything :( I miscarried @ 9w, everyone prepared me for this (physically) horrible miscarriage, saying the cramps will be unreal, the blood will have no end in sight. No. I had bad cramps, nothing unbearable, and the bleeding was only really heavy for a day or so. So if it happens, do not let people scare you into that. What they couldn't prepare me for is how to deal emotionally/mentally.

Keep us updated.
Mommyandcit
Amateur
Amateur

Thank you everyone! I have a follow up on Tuesday so I'll let you know what happens! I know it will take a while to recover emotionally so I'm trying to prepare for that.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

Here if you need to talk. I had a loss at idk how many weeks (I was pregnant again before I knew I miscarried), one at 8 wks, and one at 17 wks so if you need someone to just listen, I'm here for you.
#FreeBen
longhairdontcare1006
Informer
Informer

Yes definitely agree/ betty. PM or post here if you need to talk!! (If that is what happens). Fingers crossed for you!
Mommyandcit
Amateur
Amateur

So I had another ultrasound yesterday and it showed improvement. Not by much though so I go again next week for another u/s. This time they saw two little specks but nothing big enough to give me answers.

Return to “TTC, Pregnancy, and Parenting”