Birth control?

melody01010
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Birth control?

Unread post by melody01010 »

Hi, I'm pretty much new here, I really only keep up with GabeandJesss' thread but I found this and had some questions.. I hope this is the right place for it?
So this week I had a pregnancy scare, I'm 18 and actually had my first gynecology appointment scheduled for this Friday but my period came late and I'm rescheduling it.. So my question is what kind of birth control would you recommend? I've never been that good about taking medications everyday so I'm a bit hesitant to get on the pill. I'd probably get better about it if it's that important but the 8% failure rate scares me. I also thought about the arm implant because of the very low failure rate
melody01010
Informer
Informer

Re: Birth control?

ugh I was trying to edit but it said it was too late.. accidentally clicked send.
I'm worried about the implant simply because of how it's put in. Those who have had it, does it hurt?
Also, the pregnancy scare wasn't really a "scare", we've always used condoms and it wasn't during my "fertile window" so I knew it was unlikely, just kinda freaked me out a bit. I know everyone's different, I just want as much input as possible before my appointment so I know what to ask about. Thanks!
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

The pill doesn't have an 8% failure rate when used properly.

I won't fuck with IUDs or implanon. Risk of injury or loss of fertility with iud that I'm not willing to chance and with implanon, I just don't like the idea of unremovable hormones embedded in my body. No shot cause weight gain. I can't take estrogen because of my migraines with aura.

I take the mini pill and I've been on it 2 years. One scare when I got stomach flu and threw up my pill. Other Than that no scares. My ex and I were together a year and a half of that time and had sex several times a week, sometimes more than once in a day.

The beginning was tough to adjust to, I had frequent heavy periods and was super hormonal. Only time my ex and I actually fought in our whole relationship, adjusting to my bc was the worst part.

Now that I'm adjusted I'm staying on it forever or until I want to get pregnant. Which will be a long time since I'm single and only wanna get back with my ex so... lol
#FreeBen
HelloHolaHallo

Unread post by HelloHolaHallo »

BC is a very personal choice and I think the question you should ask yourself is what do you want from a birth control? My brother in laws wife got pregnant on the depo shot and my sister loves it. Everyone can react differently to different BC so take my input for example with a grain of salt because what works for me may not work for you :-D

I'm team IUD. I wanted a more long term BC that I wouldn't have to think of daily. I got mine like what 2 weeks ago so I can't talk about long term effects but the insertion wasn't very pleasant. It hurt a little and I felt uncomfortable with some cramps after, nothing too bad, but I just had a baby in February so by comparison it didn't feel that bad. That's why I don't know if maybe that's the best for you because I've heard when you haven't had a baby it hurts even more, correct me if I'm wrong I read it somewhere in a pamphlet. My sister hated her Mirena she got it removed within a year because she claimed she never got her period anymore and it felt unnatural. Idk if my period would disappear I wouldn't be sad but for some it's a big deal. She also said she gained weight and had her boyfriend complained that he felt something in the bedroom wink wink so she hated it.
rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

I agree with HelloHolaHallo, BC is very individualized. I'm not sexually active but I have been on the Orsythia pill for four years now, it's been great and I have personally had no weight gain or anything. It's made me more "regular" and the only downside is now I have mood swings before my period where I didn't before the pill, but that probably just developed over time as my body matured. If you take the pill everyday at the exact time it will be 99.9999% effective. If you take it around the same time each day it is something like 98.999% effective. One of my close friends have been on the same pill as me since she was 14 and has had sex daily for six years now and she has never had even a scare.
I would talk to your doctor and see what fits for you.
melody01010
Informer
Informer

I decided on the pill, I looked into it more and kinda figured the 8% includes those like Jessica and others who claim to have gotten pregnant (multiple times) on the pill. I'm on Junel Fe, that's what my insurance will pay for. I read a lot of reviews that said it made them have crazy mood swings which may not be good as I'm moving in with my boyfriend this month . I guess I'll see how the first few months go, hopefully it works for me lol! Thanks for the tips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
longhairdontcare1006
Informer
Informer

Unread post by longhairdontcare1006 »

A majority of the time, BC failure is due to user error. Not taking it at the right time every day, forgetting a pill, not starting the new pack when you're supposed to, etc.

Double up on BC if you do not want a pregnancy. Also, if you're using an app to tell you your fertile window - those are not accurate!

Good luck in your BC choosing :) lol
melody01010
Informer
Informer

Hi everyone I don't know where else to post this so instead of creating a new thread I'll use this one... I've been having concerns over my period and stuff so this might be a bit tmi but I really need suggestions!
I've been on the pill since I started this thread and luckily have had no issues with it until now. I moved a few months ago and when I went to get my prescription filled they said they didn't have the generic (Junel fe) that I'd been taking so I switched to gildess fe. Both are generic brands for loestrin but I read some people had issues switching.
Since May (one cycle before I started the pill), my periods have been a bit off. it's been very slow and darker than it used to be. I thought the pill might help but it stayed the same.
In early December I was on cephalexin for a sinus infection. I only took it for a week and two weeks later I had completely forgotten about it (and my moms warning about birth control and antibiotics). My period has been very regular since starting the pill. It always starts on Sunday and I can tell when it's about to start but this Sunday it didn't come. I took two pregnancy tests two days apart and both were negative, but I still never got my period. I haven't had any pain or cramping, just slight bloating. I've been nauseous but I have celiac disease and migraines and pretty much always feel nauseous. I don't have a gynecologist or a primary care physician here yet as I just moved a couple months ago. Should I go see someone or could it just be the pill being funny? I know if I bring it up with my mom she'll think I'm pregnant and stress over it so I want an opinion from others first. Sorry this is so long! Thanks!
melody01010
Informer
Informer

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that I've always taken my pill on time, never more than an hour or two late. Earlier in December I had some spotting which I've never experienced. I hadn't been sexually active for at least a month before the spotting so it wasn't that.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

I say definitely go see a doctor about what's happening, and discuss maybe other options with BC as well. Maybe a different pill. Personally I'm on none and use something called the billings method, which tracking your cycle. I also use an app called Kindra that helps me track my cycle as well.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

I'm on Jencycla, the mini-pill. I set an alarm on my phone to take my pill and I can take it within 3 hours of that set time and still be good (so if I'm putting my son down for a nap and my alarm goes off I don't panic lol). I like it except you bleed irregularly for the first couple of months on and off until your period sets itself straight. I was put on that because at the time I was breastfeeding my son, but I'm not anymore.
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CypKitty »

It is whatever works for you and let me tell you in changes throughout your life. Before I had my daughter and before I tried for her I was on the pill, no issues. After her I went back on it and issue after issue and tried different brands and nothing worked as I kept on having breakthrough bleeding. Went onto the Mirena and while the lighter periods and not having to remember to take a pill everyday was great, I ended up with cysts and weight gain. Got it out after 10 months and used condoms for a bit and now I am back on the Pill, one that is great for people with PCOS. Apart from painful and heavy periods, I have had no issues.
OhioStateLover
Talker
Talker

Unread post by OhioStateLover »

sweetyangel wrote:Abortion pills is the effective birth control pills, it is simple and safe way to avoid unwanted pregnancy problem. Such a pills are manufacture under the inspection of health expert and approved by Food And Drug Association. Order cheap abortion pills online.
Abortion pills arent "birth control" what the actual fuck!!!

OhioStateLover
Talker
Talker

Unread post by OhioStateLover »

Kryptonite wrote:
OhioStateLover wrote:
sweetyangel wrote:Abortion pills is the effective birth control pills, it is simple and safe way to avoid unwanted pregnancy problem. Such a pills are manufacture under the inspection of health expert and approved by Food And Drug Association. Order cheap abortion pills online.
Abortion pills arent "birth control" what the actual fuck!!!

It was spam :).
Lol omgsh okay ! I couldn't believe someone would actually say that haha

abbysandel

Unread post by abbysandel »

birth control medication is the utilization of different gadgets, drugs, operators, sexual practices, or surgeries to avert origination or pregnancy. It empowers individuals to pick when they need to have an infant. A scope of gadgets and medications are accessible for the two people that can help avert pregnancy.
Safateymed pharmacy is provide wide range of pharmacy product and we are selling at cheapest price from all another pharmacy. I want to make this this profile for just because of connecting with your site and update news.
For more information visit our site.https://www.safetymedpharmacy.com
https://www.safetymedpharmacy.com/cerazette-0-075mg/
https://www.safetymedpharmacy.com/prema ... mg-tablet/
https://www.safetymedpharmacy.com/progynova-2mg-tablet/
SelmaAdam
Discord name: josee

Unread post by SelmaAdam »

The pills do not work always work.The safest is to abstain if you don't want.Second contraceptives
JessieJim
Wallflower
Wallflower
Discord name: JessieJim

Unread post by JessieJim »

We can't recommend anything because we're not doctors, you should visit a doctor.

Return to “Health”