2011TeenageSelfEsteem360 Part 21

gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2011TeenageSelfEsteem360 Part 21

Unread post by gypsophila »

misskaila93 wrote:And I used to think Lilly was cute but she's looking more and more funny looking to me. NO it's not the webbed neck due to Turner's syndrome that make her look funny to me. I don't know just recently I've notice it and her forehead doesn't help. Don't crucify me for saying this but it's my personal opinion.
Doesn't mean this isn't an asshole statement. She looks like a lot of Turner's syndrome kids. Calling her "funny" looking is immature and offensive. She can't help it, and that is part of her syndrome.
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
misskaila93
Informer
Informer

Unread post by misskaila93 »

gypsophila wrote:
misskaila93 wrote:And I used to think Lilly was cute but she's looking more and more funny looking to me. NO it's not the webbed neck due to Turner's syndrome that make her look funny to me. I don't know just recently I've notice it and her forehead doesn't help. Don't crucify me for saying this but it's my personal opinion.
Doesn't mean this isn't an asshole statement. She looks like a lot of Turner's syndrome kids. Calling her "funny" looking is immature and offensive. She can't help it, and that is part of her syndrome.
Lilly has a big forehead which makes her look funny to me just like her mother and many other's with big foreheads. Her forehead has nothing to do with Turner's Syndrome.
Freaksngeeks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Freaksngeeks »

I think if Vanessa did something with Lily's hair it would do a lot for Lily. I think having it so messy adds to her look. She can't help how her Ts features, but she can learn basic things every kid should learn like brushing their hair, pulling it back, making it look presentable especially for school. Not necessarily putting a bow or headband on but just making it more presentable at school.
But Vanessa doesn't teach Lily any of this.

And if I have to hear "but Lily doesn't like it"... She's 3 1/2 and in school. Too bad!
_809lovely
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by _809lovely »

Lovemehatemexo wrote:
I think if Vanessa did something with Lily's hair it would do a lot for Lily. I think having it so messy adds to her look. She can't help how her Ts features, but she can learn basic things every kid should learn like brushing their hair, pulling it back, making it look presentable especially for school. Not necessarily putting a bow or headband on but just making it more presentable at school.

And if I have to hear "but Lily doesn't like it"... She's 3 1/2 and in school. Too bad!
Ooorrr "she got curly hair and it can't be brushed" IMO her hair looks soft, unlike my hair which is thin, tight curls, but some water and conditioner makes it look descent. She doesn't have to put any bows on her!
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

_809lovely wrote:
Lovemehatemexo wrote:

Ooorrr "she got curly hair and it can't be brushed" IMO her hair looks soft, unlike my hair which is thin, tight curls, but some water and conditioner makes it look descent. She doesn't have to put any bows on her!

YES to all of the above. YES!!
pngpme
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pngpme »

It is not very nice of us to talk about her apperience and I feel guilty, but I have to say that I never found Lily cute. Physically she looks odd in a way that it make me worry about it. Like... is everything o.k... it looks strange etc. I realized that we humans are always opposed to something that is different than what we are used to. It is so odd how much I love Lily. A child I do not know personally. I really do and that is because I truly like her personality. Some of us may say we do not know or see anything... well I see her little personality peek and I like it very very very much.
pngpme
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pngpme »

For example... whenever I see puffy hand I freak out! Her wrist and other joints look too small... I just worry... I do not believe in phsical beauty or any features, it is soul and heart what matters.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

I actually like David's answers for the daddy situation video, but he didn't use any real-life examples, they were all about his hypothetical kid. Kind of weird, like none of the situations have come up with Lily?
NutraSteve
Informer
Informer

Unread post by NutraSteve »

David seems like a real cool dude. Someone I could hang out with.
blahness
Talker
Talker

Unread post by blahness »

Vanessa needs to invest in some curly hair products for Lily's curls and style it. Vanessa since we know you read here and loveeeee target. They make a bunch of Shea Moisture kids curling creams and products. They will make her hair all the difference. Plus it will look a lot more maintained for school. You can also buy softer ponytails and use those too. A lot of her ootd post look off because her hair doesn't match the cute outfits...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nobettsaboutit
Informer
Informer

Unread post by nobettsaboutit »

She's too lazy to do anything with Lilys hair.

Also, those pictures she hung are so crooked.

_809lovely
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

blahness wrote:Vanessa needs to invest in some curly hair products for Lily's curls and style it. Vanessa since we know you read here and loveeeee target. They make a bunch of Shea Moisture kids curling creams and products. They will make her hair all the difference. Plus it will look a lot more maintained for school. You can also buy softer ponytails and use those too. A lot of her ootd post look off because her hair doesn't match the cute outfits...

Omg yes! I love their products and use it on my daughter. So worth the price!
Peacebewithyou
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Peacebewithyou »

Babies hate having their hair brushed, styled. Etc, but you know what? It's a part of LIFE and basic HYGIENE. I have two daughters- 2 and 7 years old. It is always a struggle in the beginning to get them to keep a hair tie in their hair, but if you are consistent they get used to it and actually prefer their hair out of their face and off of their ears. Especially when you go to school or work it's important to put your best face forward and look like you take care of yourself.
_809lovely
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Peacebewithyou wrote:Babies hate having their hair brushed, styled. Etc, but you know what? It's a part of LIFE and basic HYGIENE. I have two daughters- 2 and 7 years old. It is always a struggle in the beginning to get them to keep a hair tie in their hair, but if you are consistent they get used to it and actually prefer their hair out of their face and off of their ears. Especially when you go to school or work it's important to put your best face forward and look like you take care of yourself.
Not only that, when she washes her hair she could put oil or conditioner and when it dries it will look as if it was brushed. It takes a min lol
FJ_Lanning
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FJ_Lanning »

misskaila93 wrote:
mommaof2cuties wrote:Lol
Vanessa is so basic. She's always trying to get brownie points with people. She's not very likable nor relatable. She comes off as cheesy, fake, and a try hard. Do any other YouTube mommies even like her that don't ask for her "photography" let's be real there's nothing special about her photographs. The framing isn't great, the contrast and lighting is usually off, most of her photos look too warm. Like my iPhone takes the same quality photos as her's or even better. Many moms talk about Britney being their favorite or liking her, so she wants the same.
I feel like she's a person with an expensive camera. I take photos too. Especially when my cousin was pregnant and of her baby (we're now estranged). But I NEVER call myself a photographer. I just like taking artsy photos and finding things on Pinterest to try.

FJ LANNING OUT!!
Eponine24601
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Eponine24601 »

Lily would look cute with bangs
Emcee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Emcee »

Lily would look even more adorable if only Vanessa would take time to fix her hair.
I agree with whoever said that Lily's outfits don't match her hair.
:love2:
applebutter_dreams
Informer
Informer

Unread post by applebutter_dreams »

I never thought about it before but Lily would look cute with bangs. I think it would help a lot.

I've seen people get completely roasted on here for commenting on Lily's looks, and I get it. It's mean to make fun of an innocent child. But we're all thinking the same thing. She doesn't look "normal". But I think if Vanessa made subtle changes, such as maintaining that mess of hair on Lily's head, I think it would make a huge difference and she wouldn't look so awkward.

And there's nothing wrong with little girls wearing overalls. But they do not look good on Lily. At all. She looks so much cuter in dresses or rompers. The overalls and her messy hair just make her look like my grandmother. Poor little girl. It's not her fault. :(
In the end, we're all just dreams...
:love2:
Bipolarbisexual
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Bipolarbisexual »

Idk much about hair but my hair is pretty curly when it grows out (I have a pixie cut now) and when I was younger, my mom tried to give me bangs and they just curled up and looked terrible so idk if it would work out for lily but maybe someone with more knowledge can tell lmao
if being fresh to death is a crime i think its time i saw a jury
Olivealive
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Olivealive »

Even if you don't brush her hair you can slap a headband in there it keep it out of her face. or pixie cut it since clearly they don't want to take care of it at all.

Return to “2011teenagemom”