2011TeenageSelfEsteem360 Part 21

imnottired
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2011TeenageSelfEsteem360 Part 21

Unread post by imnottired »

V is the kind of mom that gets jealous of her own child. If Lily looked better than her, she wouldn't be able to stand it.
_809lovely
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by _809lovely »

My daughter has bangs and sometimes it's a hassle because she got curly hair. Sometimes i would just blow dry it (low setting, away from her face) since her hair is thin it dries with minimum heat so quick.
Ellagrace
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Ellagrace »

To me it looks like she keeps Lily's hair down and pushed forward toward her face to try and cover her ears and forehead.
Pulling her hair back and up with a pretty ribbon, headband or ponytail holder would expose exactly what V is trying to cover up. Just my opinion. ;)
If that's the case I think it's really sad. It could very likely be teaching Lily to feel self conscious about her looks later on in life. And I know someone's probably going to pipe up and say "leave her alone, curly hair is hard to deal with." True, curly hair can be more challenging to deal with but its not impossible. There's so many great hair products out there that really help with manageability.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

imnottired wrote:V is the kind of mom that gets jealous of her own child. If Lily looked better than her, she wouldn't be able to stand it.
lol I was thinking the opposite. She buys so many cute clothes for lily and it's all about fashion for her daughter but not herself. You would think she would want her daughters hair to be styled a little! A simple half up do with it braided she can keep it down but half of it up. Or a side part and tie it the the side pony half way. There's tons to do and being able to leave it down. My daughters the same way. Screams. But I still do it to keep it out of her face.
Dumbledore
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Dumbledore »

She seems to spend a lot of money on lily's outfits bc she wants her to look cute (no matter how inappropriate they are for the current weather or activity taking place) but she leaves her hair untouched...?

Vanessa styles her own hair the same way her mom styled her hair in the 90's. She doesn't know how to take care of easy hair like hers let alone curly hair. A pony tail or bun on lily would take 2 mins though and we know V is a big fan of the bun hairstyle now.
Emcee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Emcee »

Holy crap! Vanessa looks exactly like her mom! Especially with that hairstyle.
:love2:
Ellagrace
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Ellagrace »

Oh wow she does look exactly like her mom!
I wonder if V will furiously be dialing up the hair salon for a style change appointment after she reads this? :-D
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

OMG Vanessa is HORRIBLE with Veda!!
Emcee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Emcee »

Snow White wrote:OMG Vanessa is HORRIBLE with Veda!!
Just another thing she won't stick with, like school, juicing, working out, couponing, and the list goes on and on.
:love2:
missparzival
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by missparzival »

Ellagrace wrote:To me it looks like she keeps Lily's hair down and pushed forward toward her face to try and cover her ears and forehead.
Pulling her hair back and up with a pretty ribbon, headband or ponytail holder would expose exactly what V is trying to cover up. Just my opinion. ;)
If that's the case I think it's really sad. It could very likely be teaching Lily to feel self conscious about her looks later on in life. And I know someone's probably going to pipe up and say "leave her alone, curly hair is hard to deal with." True, curly hair can be more challenging to deal with but its not impossible. There's so many great hair products out there that really help with manageability.
Agree 100% she even went through the stage of putting scarves on her to hide her neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloHolaHallo

Unread post by HelloHolaHallo »

In the Instagram picture of Lily with V's cousin Lilys hair looked really messy. I've mentioned it before so I don't want to come off like I'm beating a dead horse but like others said her hair never looks styled. I have really curly hair so I get it's not the easiest to work with but it's in my opinion important. I agree that it's apart of hygiene and I don't think she needs "Lilia styled hair" but a bit of product to make her hair look and feel both healthy and polished.
Fairplay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Fairplay »

I always thought she didn't like to do Lily's hair because it shows her neck and ears too much
pngpme
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pngpme »

imnottired wrote:V is the kind of mom that gets jealous of her own child. If Lily looked better than her, she wouldn't be able to stand it.
Nonsense.
Freaksngeeks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Freaksngeeks »

Peacebewithyou wrote:Babies hate having their hair brushed, styled. Etc, but you know what? It's a part of LIFE and basic HYGIENE. I have two daughters- 2 and 7 years old. It is always a struggle in the beginning to get them to keep a hair tie in their hair, but if you are consistent they get used to it and actually prefer their hair out of their face and off of their ears. Especially when you go to school or work it's important to put your best face forward and look like you take care of yourself.
Exactly. It's actually really sad. Poor girl just needs to be taught this stuff by her mother and Vanessa isn't showing her how to take care of herself like brushing her hair, pulling it back (at least for school!). These are things moms are suppose to do and it's sad imo that she just lets Lily's hair go and not attempt anything.
It would be one thing if she tried but you know she just doesn't bother and gives excuse after excuse instead.
I've seen Lily wet with sweat on her neck, face, & hair because she's so hot with all that hair everywhere. But Vanessa still won't do anything.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I honestly think all that V would have to do is put on a movie and sit Lily in front of it and fix her hair, my mom told her that she used to let me play with costume jewelry and would fix my hair while I played with "sparkly jewelry" I thought it was fun and a treat and it worked!
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

Lovemehatemexo wrote:
Peacebewithyou wrote:Babies hate having their hair brushed, styled. Etc, but you know what? It's a part of LIFE and basic HYGIENE. I have two daughters- 2 and 7 years old. It is always a struggle in the beginning to get them to keep a hair tie in their hair, but if you are consistent they get used to it and actually prefer their hair out of their face and off of their ears. Especially when you go to school or work it's important to put your best face forward and look like you take care of yourself.
Exactly. It's actually really sad. Poor girl just needs to be taught this stuff by her mother and Vanessa isn't showing her how to take care of herself like brushing her hair, pulling it back (at least for school!). These are things moms are suppose to do and it's sad imo that she just lets Lily's hair go and not attempt anything.
It would be one thing if she tried but you know she just doesn't bother and gives excuse after excuse instead.
I've seen Lily wet with sweat on her neck, face, & hair because she's so hot with all that hair everywhere. But Vanessa still won't do anything.
My mom had really think hair and my dad really curly and I inherited both (if I had a scanner I'd post pictures of my majestic mane). With a few exceptions her and there I always wore it long but my mom always got up in the morning with a brush and hair ties or clips to make my hair look cute. You just gotta brush yer curly hair when it's wet and use a pick in the morning to get knots out without ruining your curls and then do what you want.

But, Vanessa's hair hasn't been looking too good in the vlogs either lately soooooo....
nela7
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nela7 »

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/18 ... 76be3a.jpg

Poor baby, I think Lily is adorable, but Vanessa needs to put effort in. I bet she doesn't brush Lily's teeth. Remember that Q&A where she said she forgets to brush her own teeth? Wtf, these are the basics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Fairplay wrote:I always thought she didn't like to do Lily's hair because it shows her neck and ears too much
I think the same thing, I think she uses Lily's hair to hide her ears and her neck. Before she had hair she put those stupid oversized bows and scarfs on her to hide them. It seriously takes a minute to brush and put hair up into a ponytail, it would make lily look more put together and keep her cooler on hot days. I put my daughters hair into two little piggy tails today and it seriously took me about 30 seconds and I did it while she was brushing her teeth (more chewing on her toothbrush, she's 2 lol). Minimal effort and she looks cute as.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
_809lovely
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by _809lovely »

I would like to share my daughter's hair too lol!! Her hair with oil vs. No oil/conditioner
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
imnottired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imnottired »

pngpme wrote:
Nonsense.
I don't want it to be true either. But let's look at the facts:

V makes all these wonderful, healthy things to eat for herself. Lily eats chicken nuggets.
V goes out with her hair in a cute sock bun or her hair is straightened. Lily's hair is always messy.
V works out and walks the trail to get exercise. Lily is forced to sit in the stroller.
V gets Lily chicken nuggets at chickfila every damn day because V wants to go exercise and can't be bothered to make a decent lunch for her kid before she goes.
And, as far as we know, V doesn't have nice clothes. Remember the last time she splurged on boots? The criticism was so bad and got to her that she had to make a video to explain why she bought the boots.

That's just a few I can name on the top of my head. I'm sure there's more.

Return to “2011teenagemom”