Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:Joel was so cute when he said he couldn't be all three; short, overweight, and bald. Sweet that he anticipates being overweight, I got the feeling he could understand the struggle. I say, after all he does for others, if he wants hair plugs eventually, he ought to be able to get them. If it makes him feel good, why not? Let the yt income pay for it.
My husband is in the same boat. Short and balding. (Not fat, he's a cop so he works out a lot). But he seriously wants hair plugs too! My reaction is the same as Bonnie's. Not because he doesn't deserve them or anything, but because I love him the way he is! I don't care if he goes bald! But if he really wanted them of course I'd be supportive.
Koshka
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Koshka »

What are hair plugs? I thought when Bonnie said hair plugs she meant that he was fishing out for hair product companies to contact them. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Koshka
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Koshka »

usmellllikesnow wrote:I guess Boston was playing with the scissors unsupervised again..........haircut! Good thing his hair is the only thing that was cut.

I like Bonnie much better without bangs. She had really pretty hair, and I think her face looks better/ thinner when her eyebrows are not covered up. It closes off her face or something?

Basement looks great!
I agree with this! I think her face looks better without bangs.

She doesn't look bad now, but I think bangs are a hit or miss kind of thing... Lol

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Koshka wrote:What are hair plugs? I thought when Bonnie said hair plugs she meant that he was fishing out for hair product companies to contact them. Lol

Lol. It's where they transplant hair follicles where you have thin (or no) hair. They look like little "plugs".
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
Koshka wrote:What are hair plugs? I thought when Bonnie said hair plugs she meant that he was fishing out for hair product companies to contact them. Lol

Lol. It's where they transplant hair follicles where you have thin (or no) hair. They look like little "plugs".
Thing with hair plugs is that your hair will continue to fall out behind it so then he will be bald with little plugs at the top of his forehead so he will have to keep up with it haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Koshka
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Koshka »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:

Thank you! Lol

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:Well, if Bonnie is a bad mother for her child cutting his own hair, I guess there are millions of us. I am pretty vigilant but when my daughter was 4 she cut her own hair. People are welcome to snark on what they want but I'd love to know: have your kids ever been hurt? Have they ever made a mess while you weren't looking? Or done something a little naughty? Just curious.
No one is saying she is a bad mother for her child cutting his own hair... No one is saying Bonnie is a bad mother at all. We're saying we don't like the lack of safety. Making a mess is very different than PLAYING with scissors. I'd love to know when people snark on Ellie for things if they have ever done the same at least once... (i understand this isn't Ellie's thread, also hypothetical question). I think it is unsafe to let her 2 year old PLAY unsupervised with adult scissors. No one is calling Bonnie a bad mother, that is no need to go on the fact and question anyones parenting because of an opinion.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

alym0326 wrote:
ohmygoshyouguys wrote:Well, if Bonnie is a bad mother for her child cutting his own hair, I guess there are millions of us. I am pretty vigilant but when my daughter was 4 she cut her own hair. People are welcome to snark on what they want but I'd love to know: have your kids ever been hurt? Have they ever made a mess while you weren't looking? Or done something a little naughty? Just curious.
No one is saying she is a bad mother for her child cutting his own hair... No one is saying Bonnie is a bad mother at all. We're saying we don't like the lack of safety. Making a mess is very different than PLAYING with scissors. I'd love to know when people snark on Ellie for things if they have ever done the same at least once... (i understand this isn't Ellie's thread, also hypothetical question). I think it is unsafe to let her 2 year old PLAY unsupervised with adult scissors. No one is calling Bonnie a bad mother, that is no need to go on the fact and question anyones parenting because of an opinion.
Maybe you aren't saying Bonnie isn't a bad mother, but others certainly have. Bad wife too. Sorry if it feels you're taking extra heat for that. There are SOME safety lapses for sure, you aren't wrong there. Just saying no mother is perfect, and accidents do happen.

Regardless, I think the second part of your post falls under the category of comparing Ellie to Bonnie. I answered this part in the other thread Image

But no, the things I've commented on any vlogger doing that are unsafe I have not myself done. Unless of course I'm speaking up and admitting I have...intentionally or not.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
alym0326 wrote:
Maybe you aren't saying Bonnie isn't a bad mother, but others certainly have. Bad wife too.

Regardless, I think the second part of your post falls under the category of comparing Ellie to Bonnie. I answered this part in the other thread Image

But no, the things I've commented on any vlogger doing that are unsafe I have not myself done. Unless of course I'm speaking up and admitting I have...intentionally or not.

I've never seen those comments about Bonnie being a bad mother or a bad wife, It's possible I may have missed them.

Also, it wasn't comparing as it was a hypothetical question lol. I didn't expect nor want an answer haha.
youmustbecrazy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by youmustbecrazy »

Kryptonite wrote:Quick update: I'm having issues with my IP and can't use the site on my computer but I plan to move Bonnie to her own section asap!
Grouse. Ta, mate.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lincoln was so cute :) but there was snot visible in his nose that I just wanted out! Lol

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

DP but also loved the honest talk Bonnie did about sponsored videos :)

ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

I loved what Bonnie said today about her sponsorships. She seems to be an open book and just says what she feels and thinks. I really appreciate her openness!
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

alym0326 wrote:
You're right, a 2 year old shouldn't be playing with scissors. But sometimes kids get into things they aren't supposed to, and it's hard to watch every second. For all we know, Bonnie was in the same room cooking or whatever. I know when my 4 year old cut her hair, I was like 4 feet away from her and my attention was diverted for a minute. Just out of curiosity alym, do you have kids?
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

I don't think you need to have kids to see the safety issues in Bonnie's videos. Any person old enough to babysit a child should know better in a lot of these situations. Boston was playing with scissors the other day when they were at the kitchen table. She stopped him from cutting Cody's hair if I remember correctly, then walked off down the hall while he was still holding them and never made an effort to take them away.

I really hope this thread does not delve into the "you can't judge Bonnie unless you are married with 3.5 kids" waters. We all have different life experiences, and these threads are made for everyone to comment and have opinions and not get personal. That includes all ages, gender and marital status.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

usmellllikesnow wrote:I don't think you need to have kids to see the safety issues in Bonnie's videos. Any person old enough to babysit a child should know better in a lot of these situations. Boston was playing with scissors the other day when they were at the kitchen table. She stopped him from cutting Cody's hair if I remember correctly, then walked off down the hall while he was still holding them and never made an effort to take them away.

I really hope this thread does not delve into the "you can't judge Bonnie unless you are married with 3.5 kids" waters. We all have different life experiences, and these threads are made for everyone to comment and have opinions and not get personal. That includes all ages, gender and marital status.
Agreed on all accounts! But your perspective definitely changes when you are a parent. A lot of people view Bonnie as being way too risky as a mom, when the truth is, I bet most moms can relate to her pretty closely. I know before I had kids, my perspective wasn't as accurate as it is now that I have 4 kids. I remember thinking certain things parents did were so wrong, or that my kids would never be allowed to do certain things. Never say never! That's the lesson I learned at least. ;)
CanYouJustNot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CanYouJustNot »

I definitely appreciate that she acknowledged the sponsored videos. On the safety subject, I agree Bonnie could be much more cautious with her children, but kids are crazy trolls that get into everything regardless of watching them all 24/7. I think we can all agree that she should probably keep any scissors or sharp objects from out of Boston's reach. Which makes me laugh because it reminds me of Cody asking for a pocket knife for Christmas every chance he gets :P
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

I agree, every person is going to have a different perspective based on their life experiences. I do not however, see all moms giving Bonnie a pass. There have been several who have commented in this thread about the crazy stuff that has happened, and say they would never do that with their kids. I think it's more individual preference.

You cannot be with a toddler 24/7, but I think there are some common sense decisions you can make to greatly reduce the chances they are going to be harmed or harm themselves.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I think one thing you really don't realize until you have kids (at least I didn't) is that you can't watch them 24/7. You just can't.

At some point you'll have to walk away to stir a pot, answer the door, go to the bathroom, etc. Having a kid living in your home 24/7 is different than watching one for a few hours. At some point you need to get stuff done.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I don't think the "this stuff just happens" argument works when it's in practically every one of her videos. And no I'm not a mom, but I spent 10 hours a day as a nanny (more hours than her mother tbh, considering she slept for 8 hours a night during the 14 hours she was home) for almost two years so I do understand. I went to the bathroom once and came back to find crayon allll over the hardwood floor, this stuff does just happen. But let's not forget that this isn't a random freak occurrence, this is a mom who lets her kids around scissors and power tools, lets them play outside unsupervised, lets them sit and stand on countertops and the glass table, doesn't bother with sestbelts or helmets, etc etc. This isn't just some accident that happened while her was turned, he's played with scissors on camera before.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”