Julie Deru: Part One

sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Julie Deru: Part One

Unread post by sheltiefan »

Happy+Charlie wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:25 am Julie, whether you are Type 1 or Type 2 diabetic, you are supposed to check your sugar regularly. Not sure why you think only Type 1 requires daily blood checks.
Type 1 has to check theirs a whole lot more frequently-can be like 6-8 times a day. I have a friend that had to take it at least 8 times a day-he has a monitor type deal where he doesn't have to do all the draws now.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

sheltiefan wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:48 am
Happy+Charlie wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:25 am Julie, whether you are Type 1 or Type 2 diabetic, you are supposed to check your sugar regularly. Not sure why you think only Type 1 requires daily blood checks.
Type 1 has to check theirs a whole lot more frequently-can be like 6-8 times a day. I have a friend that had to take it at least 8 times a day-he has a monitor type deal where he doesn't have to do all the draws now.
Correct, I have immediate family I live with Type 1 and Type 2 who are both required to check. I just commented because she distinguished Type 1 has to, no mention of Type 2.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

She's young and thin to be dealing with Type 2 diabetes. She must have a shit diet. Unless she _actually_ has PCOS like Ellie says she does. My daughter has PCOS, and is borderline Type 2. We're working on her weight. And we are super careful with her diet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Julie does not have type 2 diabetes. She was fasting and they ran blood tests for Landon’s study.

Please explain to me why they both insisted Emma wear lipstick when she did not want it. Please don’t reiterate what they said about her first cousin Russell. I want a legitimate reason. Oh wait she is an eight year old little girl who builds fairy villages, there is no good reason. Let the little girls be little girls. If she says no to lipstick or anything concerning herself respect it please.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:27 am She's young and thin to be dealing with Type 2 diabetes. She must have a shit diet. Unless she _actually_ has PCOS like Ellie says she does. My daughter has PCOS, and is borderline Type 2. We're working on her weight. And we are super careful with her diet.

It is real sad they begin so young grooming the girls to believe looks are most important. Even sadder is that Julie found nothing wrong with either of her comments, pretty creepy no matter which way you spin it.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I'm not a childhood expert, but Julie's talk with Emily about what would she tell Lucy if she were to die is a bit off during a pandemic. I think kids have enough on their plate with all the changes in school, social distancing, being home most of the time.
That was a lot of relatives together at the gravesite and it was a positive this was an outdoor activity.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ducklings4 wrote:Julie does not have type 2 diabetes. She was fasting and they ran blood tests for Landon’s study.

Please explain to me why they both insisted Emma wear lipstick when she did not want it. Please don’t reiterate what they said about her first cousin Russell. I want a legitimate reason. Oh wait she is an eight year old little girl who builds fairy villages, there is no good reason. Let the little girls be little girls. If she says no to lipstick or anything concerning herself respect it please.
Thanks for clarifying that! I totally misunderstood!
And yes-- 100% agree that there was NO reason Emma needed to wear lip gloss to "be pretty for Russell". Not only is she just a little girl, it sends such a bad message! Women are only as good as how attractive they are, and need embellishments to look pretty for the men in their lives, even if those men are related to them. They aren't good enough just as they are, and must get their validation from men. Ugh. Bonnie has Olivia wearing more makeup than some adult women wear.
That whole family is so shallow and misogynistic.

Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

YTIG60 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:00 am I'm not a childhood expert, but Julie's talk with Emily about what would she tell Lucy if she were to die is a bit off during a pandemic. I think kids have enough on their plate with all the changes in school, social distancing, being home most of the time.
That was a lot of relatives together at the gravesite and it was a positive this was an outdoor activity.
That threw me a little too. You never have to wait until someone is gone to tell them good things. Such an odd set up, could have just said, what would you tell a friend about me. Is it a thing to gather large crowds at the cemetery past the funeral itself? I thought this was different, lawn chairs and all. Hopefully they focused on the moms that are still living too.
Tinkerbell22
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tinkerbell22 »

What is wrong with Julie and Landon? Neither of them have a real job and they don’t own a house but yet Landon wants another kid??? Why??? They have 2 girls and 2 boys. By the time they have another kid Emma will be almost 10. In this totally screwed up world I really don’t understand why anyone would want to bring another innocent child into it.
Landon gives me the creeps. He’s so weird looking. For someone who is only 32 he looks like he’s in his 40’s. Poor Emma takes after him. She has the weirdest eyes and mannerisms I sometimes have to fast forward if she’s on.
Also, it seems like none of their kids are very smart. Emma will be 9 in a few months and she acts very immature. They all have speech problems as well. They need to focus more time and energy on the children they do have and stop thinking about having another one.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Tinkerbell22 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:25 am What is wrong with Julie and Landon? Neither of them have a real job and they don’t own a house but yet Landon wants another kid???
Generally, two parents who are not fully employed, that has a job that doesn't provide benefits, it is likely their healthcare could be paid for by taxpayers who work.
I'm so happy two educated parents who chose not to be gainfully employed, can entertain the idea of having a fifth child when many responsible parents don't since they can't afford them. :|
I very much support helping those in need, however, Julie could be in a position to be employed. Landon could have been employed if he didn't leave his position in Kansas for his dream job, but who pays for his career choice?
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

Oh my. I will say I like the transparency, I hate when vloggers try to keep their thoughts on more kids a secret. However this is some surprising news considering everything everyone has already pointed out. Lucy is so young! Has Landon already gotten bored with her? All these mormon youtubers seem to want BABIES, and to lump them all together and ignore them once they become children. Especially the dads who get the cute squishy baby and don't have to carry it inside them or take care of it or raise it literally at all. It's not just the financial situation either, I feel Landon is totally not taking Julie's sacrifice into account that she has to make by getting pregnant again, even though he acts like he is.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Plus, she's riding her sisters coattails. Must be nice to have brand deals dropped in your lap just because your sisters have built followings on social media. Between that and likely relying on public funds, they don't have to behave like grownups.
I too have no issues with getting help if you need it. I've been on Medi-Cal and food stamps in the past, but guess what? I got off them asap. Julie has a viable option to work. She just chooses not to, and Landon is a professional student. He could get a decent job with his education. He just chooses not to.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

imoverit wrote:Oh my. I will say I like the transparency, I hate when vloggers try to keep their thoughts on more kids a secret. However this is some surprising news considering everything everyone has already pointed out. Lucy is so young! Has Landon already gotten bored with her? All these mormon youtubers seem to want BABIES, and to lump them all together and ignore them once they become children. Especially the dads who get the cute squishy baby and don't have to carry it inside them or take care of it or raise it literally at all. It's not just the financial situation either, I feel Landon is totally not taking Julie's sacrifice into account that she has to make by getting pregnant again, even though he acts like he is.
Exactly. It's easy for Landon to say he wants another baby. The gender roles in the Griffiths extended family are so entrenched that the men don't have to do much work with the babies. Jared does because Ellie just won't. But seems that the rest of the men are pretty hands off, especially when it comes to getting up at night and diaper changes and potty training.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

lmmomSD wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:03 am She just chooses not to, and Landon is a professional student. He could get a decent job with his education. He just chooses not to.
Just how fair is this to their children too. They are crammed into a small rental and where is a new baby going to sleep. Their housing situation will not change for a long time if ever. Landon comes from a family of four, so what's up with having more kids in their present situation where his life is so unsettled. His dream of becoming a professor has gotten less likely with colleges and universities going through a significant financial crisis because of the pandemic. I don't know why he doesn't see this? It is all about me seems to be his attitude. Julie just seems to go along with whatever Landon says or does.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

YTIG60 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:22 am
lmmomSD wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:03 am She just chooses not to, and Landon is a professional student. He could get a decent job with his education. He just chooses not to.
Just how fair is this to their children too. They are crammed into a small rental and where is a new baby going to sleep. Their housing situation will not change for a long time if ever. Landon comes from a family of four, so what's up with having more kids in their present situation where his life is so unsettled. His dream of becoming a professor has gotten less likely with colleges and universities going through a significant financial crisis because of the pandemic. I don't know why he doesn't see this? It is all about me seems to be his attitude. Julie just seems to go along with whatever Landon says or does.
The time is now to have children, while we are young (says Julie and Landon). Ruby and Kevin must have had the same mentality, and we see how early Ruby burnt out and has her kids doing all the mothering and chores for her. Landon, take a look at the Frankes, you do seem a little more sincere and into your childrens' lives than Kevin and Ruby. Do you really want Emma stuck with parenting her siblings like Shari has had to do. Do you think it is fair for young children to put themselves to bed each night with no parent tucking them in til morning or getting up with them through the night if they are sick or scared. Don't follow their lead, enjoy the kids you have now and focus on them. They are only little once and should not have to grow up for your selfish reasons of needing a baby to hold.
geezuuz
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by geezuuz »

I guess Julie has to get pregnant now, even if she clearly does not want to. Just with the fact that she had to take the train instead of the car because Landon said so, she has to get pregnant by september because Landon says so..

Sent fra min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

lmmomSD wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:03 am Julie has a viable option to work. She just chooses not to, and Landon is a professional student. He could get a decent job with his education. He just chooses not to.
The only things that isn't great for Julie is she'll not get her dream home and money will continue to be tight for a long time if not forever since he likely has some student loan. Living on a low income when you shouldn't have to will grow old especially with five young children. I'm sure watching Ruby spend tens of thousands of dollars on her bathroom and back yard is not easy for Julie to watch when you are living on nothing.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

I think it's fairly obvious Julie is already pregnant. She doesn't hide it very well. You can totally see a bump under her "puffy" shirt in today's video. Same with the last time she was pregnant—everyone knew she was pregnant before they announced.

Five kids in that tiny house? Does Landon make any money??

It's definitely a Mormon thing to have huge families, but is it responsible? I'm guessing they qualify for government assistance for food and maybe even rent.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

rosie_dalia wrote:I think it's fairly obvious Julie is already pregnant. She doesn't hide it very well. You can totally see a bump under her "puffy" shirt in today's video. Same with the last time she was pregnant—everyone knew she was pregnant before they announced.

It's definitely a Mormon thing to have huge families, but is it responsible? I'm guessing they qualify for government assistance for food and maybe even rent.
With the Griffiths, it's more than just a Mormon thing. My best friend in high school was Mormon, and they had "normal" sized families, except for one who was a successful lawyer who had 6 kids. They weren't in Utah, though. The Griffiths act like it's a competition or something. Ellie was still on her parents' insurance, both she and Jared were working, and they were BROKE, and she was getting fertility treatments. She _says_ that they were living on potatoes and would have to decide some weeks whether to eat or put gas in the car, yet she was still trying to get pregnant. When Kevin was in grad school, Ruby got pregnant a LOT. She had several miscarriages and kept trying, even though she says money was really tight. I don't think the church encourages you to bring babies you can't support into the world. Birth control is allowed. Jennifer wants lots of grandchildren.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Julie Deru: Part One

Unread post by YTIG60 »

rosie_dalia wrote:I think it's fairly obvious Julie is already pregnant. She doesn't hide it very well. You can totally see a bump under her "puffy" shirt in today's video. Same with the last time she was pregnant—everyone knew she was pregnant before they announced.

I guess it is in how you look at being responsible for your family finances. Julie chooses not to work as a nurse. I see tremendous bravery with young nurses who have her age group children right now and the new normal is not always easy. Many communities would be lost without these young women and men if they had Julie’s thinking telling viewers I don’t think I will work as a nurse right now. Landon’s idealism growing their family is ok when you likely don’t have an adequate income to afford this because you choose to be a student into a second decade, in my opinion, isn’t respectful to others who are working that may be indirectly supporting your family.
Exactly what working hard values are they teaching their children?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Other Griffiths/Mechams”