Comparing The Griffiths (Post at your own risk!)

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Comparing The Griffiths (Post at your own risk!)

Unread post by alym0326 »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:(Not quoting for length)

Alym, you're in childcare right? You can sternly talk to the children sure, but can you do so while holding their face? I doubt it. Why? Because it seems OTT and unnecessary. That's why I say maybe it's ok for Ellie because they are close. I wouldn't be ok with it. For reference though, would you be ok with just anyone speaking that way to your child?

About the scissors though, you're missing the reason why other mothers got offended. He GOT the scissors, Bonnie didn't say she left him playing with them. You're assuming too much. He could have climbed up on the counter for all we know. Yes, she shouldn't have left then there (more assumption) but maybe Joel did, or Olivia? We don't know. Blaming Bonnie is a bit much.

Aren't people always saying we can't judge Ellie based on what we don't see? That that's nitpicky? We didn't see anything to do with the scissors, so we shouldn't assume it's Bonnie's fault.

I understand what you're saying though. I just see it different based on my own experience I guess. That's my few posts of debate, moving on for the night...But yep, we definitely can agree to disagree Image
I am! My fiancé also has 3 siblings that are each a little bit older than each of Bonnie's kids.

I would have to know the context of the situation, off first glance of course I wouldn't be okay with just ANYONE doing that, my sibling is different, but still if it were my sibling and I knew the context, I wouldn't be as angry.

I do understand what you are saying though.

With the scissors I'm mainly upset about the situation the happened the other day, with her letting him play with them.

Also I only usually see a select few referring to the things said about Ellie as being nitpicky, the last time I did I was kind of looked at as "lecturing" even though that wasn't what I was doing. Lol.

But regardless my main concern with the scissors was from the other day, it also was quite ironic to me that the other day Boston tried to cut Codys hair with the scissors and a few days later ends up cutting his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sunflower928
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sunflower928 »

I'm not a huge fan of Ellie, but I just don't see where her disciplining Boston was that bad. Yeah, she touched his face, but she didn't grab it. It looked to me like she was trying to get his attention. He's an adorable boy, but he's 2 so not the best listener.
Also, I disagree with whoever said that Ellie doesn't let the other kids play with Calvin. We have seen cody play with him numerous times. Same with Olivia.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Cgl33 »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:I think where you are in life has a lot to do with how you view things. I know many younger people don't like Bonnie, and I partly think it's because she lifts the veil on marriage and parenting and shows the dirtier less romantic side of it. I can see how you would be more drawn to the perfect life E&J and B&M appear to have. More glitz, glamour, travel, a husband that stays home, etc. You know, the dreamy romance stuff.

This is why I think Bonnie has a more adult following than E&J. They can relate to her, whereas the younger audience looks at E&J and sees "life goals" without realizing they aren't seeing the full picture at all.
I completely agree. I think a big part of it is that she doesn't try to entertain, too. E&J and B&M try to entertain their bloggers. Bonnie just shows parts of her life. I think she is far from perfect, but I prefer her vlogging style to the more fake daily cloggers.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”