Bonnie Hoellein: Joel Had A Really Nice Time ;) Part 3

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Joel Had A Really Nice Time ;) Part 3

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

parryhotter wrote:Oh the seat on top of the cart thing bugs me so much when I see people doing it in Walmart. Though, when my oldest was a baby I did it because his seat had the "compatibility" for carts; I didn't know at the time that that was unsafe too! I hope she at least has one person telling her about it because it IS very dangerous! I have to fight the urge to stop anyone I see doing it because it freaks me out so much now! Lol. I can never do huge grocery trips anymore because of my baby taking up the whole shell of the cart though. ☹️ Those carts with the baby seat strappy things are always way out of reach for me to use them. Lincoln should be able to sit up in the seat soon though!

Wow, that whole paragraph was all over the place.. And I don't wanna fix it. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I highly suggest Babywearing while grocery shopping with your babe. They get lulled to sleep and you have an entire space for groceries!

I once forgot my Tula at home and had to use the car seat in the cart... And of course my
2 yr old MUST have the car attached cart. I had next to 0 space!
parryhotter
Informer
Informer

Unread post by parryhotter »

lurkymclurkerston wrote: I highly suggest Babywearing while grocery shopping with your babe. They get lulled to sleep and you have an entire space for groceries!

I once forgot my Tula at home and had to use the car seat in the cart... And of course my
2 yr old MUST have the car attached cart. I had next to 0 space!
Oh man, that sounds like fun! Those ones with the car attached are so hard to steer! I bought a Boba wrap several months ago and my girl haaaaaated it! Lol. She loves to be held, but being wrapped up I guess is too much for her. She's nearly 8 months old now, so I think with a little shopping cart cover and being buckled in, she should be good and I'll get to do big grocery trips again! Image And my 4-y/o will love sitting in the basket part. Sitting ONLY, of course!

Anyhoo, sorry to veer off on the personal side so much, y'all! Image

zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

Oh my gosh. Joel is SO DAMN CUTE in his "manly things" videos

ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

I didn't know until my fourth baby that you weren't supposed to put the car seat on the cart like that. And I learned it from baby center. If I hadn't read there I still might not know!

Manly Things was super cute. I noticed in the comments tons of people asking how they can buy Joels mothers swaddle blankets. I have to admit I'd be interested too!
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:I didn't know until my fourth baby that you weren't supposed to put the car seat on the cart like that. And I learned it from baby center. If I hadn't read there I still might not know!

This is actually why I tell people when I see them doing unsafe things. Many simply don't know. It's not because I'm a sanctimommy or get my jollies from it (it's actually very unnerving, because some people react poorly).

Ultimately it's the parents choice, but I have always been so thankful when people tell me something is unsafe. If nobody told me, I wouldn't know.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

ladymama wrote:
ohmygoshyouguys wrote:I didn't know until my fourth baby that you weren't supposed to put the car seat on the cart like that. And I learned it from baby center. If I hadn't read there I still might not know!

This is actually why I tell people when I see them doing unsafe things. Many simply don't know. It's not because I'm a sanctimommy or get my jollies from it (it's actually very unnerving, because some people react poorly).

Ultimately it's the parents choice, but I have always been so thankful when people tell me something is unsafe. If nobody told me, I wouldn't know.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
Yeah, I wouldn't be offended if someone approached me and was nice (not demeaning) about it. The cart thing isn't something anyone tells you. Actually I've learned most of what I know about car seat safety from mommy forums. Not all mom's participate in those, so I can see how there can be gaps.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I haven't had a baby in a car seat/carrier for 18 years, and I had no clue it was dangerous. It's good to know!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
galaxy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by galaxy »

The latest "Manly Things" video was so great! I love that Joel had Olivia along with him again.
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

galaxy wrote:The latest "Manly Things" video was so great! I love that Joel had Olivia along with him again.
the intro to the video was really cool too

marjg
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by marjg »

I don't like how in the target parking lot and walking in to target her and Ellie were walking ahead and the kids were way behind. Kids can be snatched away in a second or be ran over. I like Bonnie though. I know it's hard with 4 kids.

OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

Joel looked sooo handsome in the suit waiting to go to the funeral, but while watching his purrty mouth speak, couldn't help but think about Bonnie saying he has really bad breath. :(
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

crazy how he's probably the only YouTube daddy that we aren't like "omg vomit!!!!" Even with stinky breath.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

And him making an atypical "manly" thing manly was awesome. So many swoons, I'm sure.
vegan_ninja
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by vegan_ninja »

The new baby care packages were such a sweet idea. I loved that camper print fabric Joel's mom used for the swaddle blankets.
saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by saltliferocks »

Does anyone know if Joel's mom sells her blankets? They are really cute.
SBC1990
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by SBC1990 »

Joel is the type of husband every woman vies for. Although I'm a married woman myself I can have a little crush on him. Like they say, you can look but you can't touch. I don't know how Bonnie does it with 4, patients must be a virtue for her. One of their sisters has 6 I would not be able to handle that many. I would prefer to baby wear while going about the mall or store if I was out. The carrier is heavy let alone with a infant who grows even more heavy over time. Plus you have the diaper bag and a purse if you take that with you and if you have extra kids as well. Baby wearing at least you have your two hands free and the child is safe and you can handle things better.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
You Got It Dude 8-)
youmustbecrazy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by youmustbecrazy »

SBC1990 wrote:Joel is the type of husband every woman vies for. Although I'm a married woman myself I can have a little crush on him. Like they say, you can look but you can't touch. I don't know how Bonnie does it with 4, patients must be a virtue for her. One of their sisters has 6 I would not be able to handle that many. I would prefer to baby wear while going about the mall or store if I was out. The carrier is heavy let alone with a infant who grows even more heavy over time. Plus you have the diaper bag and a purse if you take that with you and if you have extra kids as well. Baby wearing at least you have your two hands free and the child is safe and you can handle things better.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
I still wear my 2 year old on my back sometimes. Although that's mostly because he's a bit of a runner, and just full on in general. Plus I've got my hands full with the other two. Baby wearing is my saviour.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Babywearing FTW. <3
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

Just started watching today's vlog. Wonder if Bonnie and Joel discussed the bath-gate. Because the kids were in the bath while Bonnie was filming Lincoln outside in the hall- and the kids sounded like they were being cute in the bath too "I love you too!" Lol but Bonnie restrained from panning over to the bathtub. I'm so glad. Hope she keeps up that standard. The boys were cuddling in the bed with her without shirts but I view that as a lot less harmless than bath time. I mean they swim without shirts, can't be crazy anal about it.
queenieme
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by queenieme »

I was just coming here to mention something about the bath scene. I think she's learned her lesson about showing the kids in the tub, which is great!

Also, I loved how the boys were playing in the backyard. Total typical boys but it was so cute to see. They weren't inside watching tv or playing with electronics like most kids these days. That's one thing about Bonnie, she definitely encourages the kids to play outside.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”