OKBaby/KBaby

loulouinnz
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

OKBaby/KBaby

Unread post by loulouinnz »

I haven’t posted before, but I’ve been reading here for a while.

Does anyone watch OKBaby/KBaby?

They started vlogging when they got pregnant and now do daily vlogging. I think she did beauty related videos before the baby.

Sorry I can’t post a link as I’m at work.

Reason why I’m asking is I’m really curious what other people think of them.

Cons-
-Vehemently argue that there’s nothing wrong with being teen parents. They actually made some good points but seem to forget very valid ones like disruption of education and lack of financial security
-Their grammar sucks. I think Kyra is probably bright but Oscar not so much. Not that there’s anything wrong with that but it makes listening to them a bit painful
-Naïve to the extreme about privacy – both of them have said their full names including middle ones
-Inappropriate filming – filmed their stained underware and Kyra’s top slips a lot so they’ve had to remove videos before.
-Oscar’s mum had him at 16. I would guess Kyra’s was young too since her great grandmother is still alive. They said they’re fine with Levi being a teen dad too.
-They co-sleep and there are videos that show the blanket falling over their baby’s face
-I can’t help feeling that they got pregnant in order to form a popular youtube channel Right from the beginning they had their social media sorted, a good camera, editing skills etc and they jumped to daily vlogs quickly. Oscar worked at a baby shop, Kyra was a nanny, Kyra said she always wanted to be a youtuber and said that Oscar’s dream job would be full time youtubing. Their subscribers went from something like 1000 to 20000 in just a few months and they mentioned they’re in talks to collaborate or be sponsored.
-Even if they didn’t get pregnant on purpose they said they were using little to no protection and Oscar’s mum was shown to be completely unsurprised that they were going to have a baby.
-Kyra didn’t finish high school even though it seems as if she only got pregnant with Levi a few months before graduation
-I don’t know how to put it…not lack of ambition…but happiness with such a boring life? I don’t know, they just seem so happy to loll around their apartment and make a once a week trip to go for a walk or go to target. I get that they have a young baby and Oscar works a lot but… Kyra could study, take buggy to the library, read a book…something! She mentioned she’s never ever been on holiday. Which makes sense if your family doesn’t have money but she’s had a job for years. Doesn’t she have any desire to see to world? Experience a different culture? She doesn’t even care that Oscar isn’t planning to teach Levi Spanish. Maybe it’s a cultural/’class’ difference (I’m not from the US).

Pro
-They have a good relationship. Oscar clearly values how hard it is for Kyra to be at home by herself
-Oscar works hard at a (probably) low paying job
-They’re both pretty funny
-Levi is adorable
pirateayy07
Informer
Informer

Re: OKBaby/KBaby

Unread post by pirateayy07 »

I've watched a few of their vlogs. Nothing extravagant or interesting on a consistent basis. I think they are tolerable though. With Oscar's personality, I'd think he would have more ambition overall and want more out of life.
I'm not someone who is a fan of planned teen pregnancy, but appreciate those who take the responsibility with stride, planned or not.
loulouinnz
Talker
Talker

Yep, you're right there. No matter my criticisms, they do seem to have taken it in their stride. And they're clearly realising their former friends were pretty immature.
Sosie Lark
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sosie Lark »

I've only watched a few videos, but you seem to have nailed it. The blanket/co-seeping thing drives me bonkers. In just the few videos I've seen, I get so anxious.

I think I watched them because they are funny, and the video quality is a lot better than a lot out there, so I'll click on them every once in a while. Oscar seems like you couldn't get him down if you tried, completely unfaze-able, and people like that fascinate me.
loulouinnz
Talker
Talker

Yeah I think Oscar interests me because he reminds me so much of my cousin’s husband. Same age and looks, happy go lucky personality, living with partner at a young age, kind, tried university but realised he was better suited to practical things. My cousin in law has some underlying anxiety about what people think of him and always wanting to please people though and I suspect Oscar is the same.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I think they must delete negative comments because I’ve never seen any about their dangerous behavior – even with the video of Oscar running on the cracking ice of a lake.
nikkole24
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by nikkole24 »

I really liked their vlogs, but I haven't been watching lately. There are a couple of things that kind of make me not so excited for their videos, such as their imaturity sometimes, and how kira can stay at home 24/7 without doing nothing useful for herself, like studying, reading, I dont know. Maybe she does that when the camera is off...
loulouinnz
Talker
Talker

Yeah. She did mention once she’s trying to finish high school but she hasn’t said anything since. She’s clearly good with kids (minus the odd slip up most likely related to her age) so I think she should look into nannying. Then she and Oscar could have a bit more money and she wouldn’t be stuck in the house so much too
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

I for the most part enjoy watching them. They are young and have a lot to learn but they are doing it on their own. Supporting themselves budgeting. Yes they don't have much in their lives to do but that's what happens sometimes. It's for sure a huge reality for most young parents I respected her for not doing a sponsored what's in my diaper bag because she doesn't use many of the products.
aalley
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by aalley »

I've been watching them for a while, I just watched the vlog when Kyra fed him oatmeal for the first time, so cute - although i felt really sad for Oscar in it but, i doubt he would care or even noticed it. Levi spat some of the oatmeal out and when she ran to get the bib Oscar quickly scooped up the oatmeal which was about to go over Levis clothes and put the spoon near his mouth and Kyra came back in the room and said to Oscar "hey, stop - you don't know how to do it" when Oscar was clearly excited about the situation as he grabbed his own bowl to eat with him plus, he was being gentle. I don't know, i just felt sorry for Oscar, i felt the same after Levi was born and she wouldn't really let Oscar hold him.

I'm sure it will come over time but she needs to let Oscar play an equal role for Levi, she's so lucky as Oscar is so committed at his age as i've known plenty of men older than Oscar who played away or just didnt care. Shes onto a winner with Oscar and they make such a lovely couple!
chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

I've just started watching these vlogs. I like that they are so enthusiastic about youtube and i also like the comment of the day (hey) because that gives them a chance to interact with their viewers.

I have to admit when Buggy was put to sleep with his bib on and one time with a shirt around his face it made me nervous. But other than that, i really enjoy their vlogs.

Also, does anyone know why they live in Montana when all of their family live in LA? I'm sure it must be addressed in a video somewhere?
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

chatty wrote:I've just started watching these vlogs. I like that they are so enthusiastic about youtube and i also like the comment of the day (hey) because that gives them a chance to interact with their viewers.

I have to admit when Buggy was put to sleep with his bib on and one time with a shirt around his face it made me nervous. But other than that, i really enjoy their vlogs.

Also, does anyone know why they live in Montana when all of their family live in LA? I'm sure it must be addressed in a video somewhere?

I don't know if they addressed it in their older vlogs I'm sure they have but I missed it. So I asked in their comments and they just said it was financially better. That's one thing I really enjoy they respond to their viewers.
loulouinnz
Talker
Talker

Yeah, they said they couldn't afford to rent in California and Montana made sense because Kyra's uncle and grandmother are there.

Wow, sounds bad but I admire them more now that we’ve seen that Oscar’s dad is wealthy (unless that house is normal for where they live? I’m not American) and his mum seems comfortable too. Oscar said they were 16 and 18 when they had him so good for them for getting to the point they’re at today.
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

It is great to see a young couple budget and show real life what it's like living with one income and a baby
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I've only just started watching them, they seem like a cute little couple. Hopefully YouTube doesn't change them like it does pretty much everyone else when they get successful. Their videos are a little long for my liking, I prefer 10-12 min vlogs because I lose interest after awhile. And I think the "bug buddies" thing is lame but I'm also picky. So far, I don't hate them.
mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by mommaof2cuties »

ForeverGauc wrote:Oscar quit his job. Ugh I hate when youtubers do that. They're saying it's to focus on YouTube more and school. I think they just got too excited because they got popular quickly and think it'll last forever. Their vlogs aren't exciting, and they don't really do anything different. I honestly hope they both focus on school and can actually get a job/career apart from YouTube
It's crazy how many followers they have. I don't mind watching them but I just can't believe over 70,000 people watch them
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Their subs are increasing like crazy right now, I'm bummed he quit his job just because I have so far started disliking vloggers after quitting their jobs. It starts not showing the true life of a family. I mean really who gets both parents that stay home
turboforce
Talker
Talker

Unread post by turboforce »

I watch them occasionally if I'm bored and their videos pop up in my recommended box. I don't think I'm subscribed but I might do that, not sure.

I pretty much agree with everyone here. They've done some problematic things and said some off putting things, but overall they seem fine. The vlogs are kind of boring as others have mentioned, but I do think part of it is that they're budgeting their money and can't really go out much.

I was unaware Oscar quit his job but that's a liiiiittle disappointing. It's his life and he can do what he wants, but I could just never imagine living off of something so temporary. With 70,000 subs could the pay really be that much different that it's worth quitting a job and making youtube the full time job?
Amanda_Michelle
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Amanda_Michelle »

I subscribed to them when they only had around 6,000 subscribers. I really liked them at first, since he went to work and she stayed home with the baby. That made them seem relatable, but as soon as I saw the "I Quit My Job" vlog, I unsubscribed. It's a shame since I liked them, but that just made them unrelatable to me.
mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by mommaof2cuties »

It cracks me up that Kyra seriously thought jesssfam is going to college full time to be a doctor and raising 6 kids. I like Kyra I just can't believe she thinks that lol
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

It's so disappointing that he quit his job. I hope they both seriously use this time to finish school and work on careers. I know Oscar has said his dream is to be a firefighter, now would be a great time to work on that goal. If they just become another daily vlogging family who don't work and do nothing and become annoying and obnoxious I am going to be so disappointed. I was rooting for them.

Return to “OKBaby”