SlyFox Family: Part One

sammibro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SlyFox Family: Part One

Unread post by sammibro »

Thank you for creating this, Kryptonite!

I watched a few of their vlogs yesterday from when they first started vlogging, and I watched the one when they went to the mall with the Bums. I liked that they got Caspian the floral shoes, even though they are more feminine. They got the kid what he liked, and that's what's important.

I haven't decided if I like the Slyfox Family vlogs overall, though. They are very hipster! LOL

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
Bambi_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Bambi_ »

I just finished watching their newest vlog and can't help but think that Caspian is bratty. I do love their dog, I've always wanted a Great Dane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marjg
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by marjg »

I like the SlyFox family. They're chill like Natalia from the Johnson family.

sammibro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sammibro »

That dog is beautiful! Is she a great dane? I was wondering, since they said she was a puppy! She's huge!

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
marjg
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by marjg »

Yeah, she is.

just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

Just took a peek around their website. I think the Mr/Mrs shirts are kind of cute for a married couple to wear together, but who in the real world actually wears this stuff? It's very Teen Mom/wannabe hipster type stuff. No offense to anyone reading this who actually does wear their stuff.
jls07
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jls07 »

I love this family. They seem so real. They show their kids misbehaving. They show how real kids act and they let their kids be kids. THANK YOU SLYFOXFAM.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Bambi_ wrote:I just finished watching their newest vlog and can't help but think that Caspian is bratty. I do love their dog, I've always wanted a Great Dane.
That kid is a terror. I didn't know there was a thread for them, so I posted on the Johnson Fan thread. He's Ollie in two years. They never tell him no. He's definitely the Prince of that household, and they just think he is so cute.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

The kids' rooms are "disaster areas", so mom and grandma clean them while the kids play. So, when they grow up, are they going to call mom to clean for them?
They may think they're being nice to the kids, but not making them have any responsibility for themselves is a disservice.
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

I think Hannah is beautiful.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They're making sure to include DB in their vlog titles now. Ride that gravy train! It's just weird all the way around. Jeff is Missy's cousin, so she's known him all her life. So, since these guys are BFFs with the Johnsons, it stands to reason they have at least known B&M for a while. And now, within something like 2 months, they are all inseparable? I don't buy it. I see what they get from hanging out with the Lumps, but what do B&M get from hanging out with them? They're not _that_ cool...
I do have to give Hannah props for being a shrewd business woman though. She obviously works hard on her brand, and definitely saw an opportunity to expand with befriending B&M. Although it's obvious to me that they are in it for what they can get, hanging out with Bryan and Missy is a price I'm not sure I would be willing to pay!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Summerbreeze9
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Summerbreeze9 »

Not a fan of anyone who pregnancy pranks.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Thanks. I wanted to say something too, but it looked like I was the only one commenting, and I wanted to give someone else a chance. It's so insensitive to people who are struggling with infertility or losses.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Finally watched their version of the skiing vlog. Jared was actually being a patient ski instructor. But the dumb comment of the day: "wow, this snow is literally like powder!" Gee, do you think that is why they call it powder?

LDub
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by LDub »

I did feel bad for her mom after she found out about the pregnancy prank - she was so happy. But they clearly showed the audience that it was a joke.

I see more protest about pregnancy pranks than actual pregnancy pranks. There were at least 5 "PSA" Facebook posts from my friends about how insensitive it is for people to do April fools pregnancy pranks. I realize it can be hurtful to those who are struggling but people struggle with a lot of things in life. Not just infertility. I'm not saying don't be sensitive to others - but i think as adults people should take responsibility for their emotions/response and stop expecting sensitivity from everyone around them.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I think with any prank, you just need to know your audience.
One thing I don't get with this family is why, if Andrew has Type 1 diabetes, they have so much junk in their diets. They talk about organic, but don't eat vegetables, eat Chick Fil-A, In N Out, and Starbucks, Caspian lives on chocolate milk, etc. The organic cereal they get is chocolate cereal, which is still bad. I know you don't want to deprive the whole family based on one member's illness, but I've seen a few vlogs where he was complaining about feeling bad because his glucose was either too high or too low, and that's not good. It seems to me that if my husband was a brittle diabetic, I would have the whole family eating healthy.
And jeez, he lives in Southern California. Can he stop complaining about it being "freezing" all the time?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
ProSubscriber
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ProSubscriber »

lmmomSD wrote:I think with any prank, you just need to know your audience.
One thing I don't get with this family is why, if Andrew has Type 1 diabetes, they have so much junk in their diets. They talk about organic, but don't eat vegetables, eat Chick Fil-A, In N Out, and Starbucks, Caspian lives on chocolate milk, etc. The organic cereal they get is chocolate cereal, which is still bad. I know you don't want to deprive the whole family based on one member's illness, but I've seen a few vlogs where he was complaining about feeling bad because his glucose was either too high or too low, and that's not good. It seems to me that if my husband was a brittle diabetic, I would have the whole family eating healthy.
And jeez, he lives in Southern California. Can he stop complaining about it being "freezing" all the time?

I have Type 1 Diabetes, and the general attitude among both people with Type 1 Diabetes AND **many** doctors/people of authority is that you can essentially eat what you want if you take insulin to cover it.

Of course they then cry about their bad blood sugars and can't seem to make the connection with their shit diet and that the insulin we have is just not good enough to match eating a bunch of carbs. Anyway, Type 1 Diabetes is fickle regardless. I keep a pretty strict, low carb diet (and the diabetes associations recommend a high carb diet, btw) and it still does unpredictable things. A lot more than food impacts blood sugar, like merely waking up in the morning, stress, sickness, menstrual cycle, sleep, etc. What may have worked well management-wise one day does not work well the next. I am constantly tweaking everything.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ProSubscriber wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I think with any prank, you just need to know your audience.

I have Type 1 Diabetes, and the general attitude among both people with Type 1 Diabetes AND **many** doctors/people of authority is that you can essentially eat what you want if you take insulin to cover it.

Of course they then cry about their bad blood sugars and can't seem to make the connection with their shit diet and that the insulin we have is just not good enough to match eating a bunch of carbs. Anyway, Type 1 Diabetes is fickle regardless. I keep a pretty strict, low carb diet (and the diabetes associations recommend a high carb diet, btw) and it still does unpredictable things. A lot more than food impacts blood sugar, like merely waking up in the morning, stress, sickness, menstrual cycle, sleep, etc. What may have worked well management-wise one day does not work well the next. I am constantly tweaking everything.
That's crazy. I get that it's fickle, and I have known enough Type 1 diabetics to know it sucks big time, but the ones I know that are living comfortable lives and protecting their kidneys and extremities are ones that watch what they eat very carefully, and avoid fat as well as sugars. Eating whatever you want, and just taking insulin to cover it sounds like a recipe for organ failure and amputation to me. Sounds pretty irresponsible of doctors to promote that.

I'm sorry you have to deal with it. If I'm saying anything ignorant, feel free to correct me!

I checked their stats on Social Blade, and since they started being featured in DB vlogs, their subscribers and views have taken a definite spike. They've gotten 23,000 subscribers in the last 30 days. Not as fast as Cassie, but a definite increase

LDub
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by LDub »

I just watched the diabetes vlog - bryan lanning annoyed me in every clip he was in. It's like he's trying too hard to be cool. I'd like slyfox better if they didn't include the lannings.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Won't be watching these vlogs much. But clicked on a few recommended...

Does Caspian have fake front teeth? Or are they just back-capped or something for cavities?

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016040 ... 5ec121.jpg[/img]

Return to “Q-Z”