2011TeenageAttentionHog: Part 28

nela7
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2011TeenageAttentionHog: Part 28

Unread post by nela7 »

AuntieToABabyBoy:) wrote:....she's a racist?
She says dumb things like, "white privilege doesn't exist" and posted a picture saying white Irish people were basically enslaved and they don't complain... I don't think she's racist, I think she's ignorant and has a lot of self hate which she projects on black people. I'm black, I don't truly think she believes or even understands what she's posting... She's just very naive, uninformed, and insecure.
mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by mommaof2cuties »

I agree about gyspo I can't stand her on this thread but I usually agree with everything she says on other threads.
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

nela7 wrote:
She says dumb things like, "white privilege doesn't exist" and posted a picture saying white Irish people were basically enslaved and they don't complain... I don't think she's racist, I think she's ignorant and has a lot of self hate which she projects on black people. I'm black, I don't truly think she believes or even understands what she's posting... She's just very naive, uninformed, and insecure.

White Irish people weren't basically enslaved, they WERE enslaved in the 1600s

But basically what you said. She projects a lot of self hatred onto the black community. She should really go to Peru without Lily to look after and really connect with her culture... And no, that doesn't mean serve peruvian family a burnt turkey on Thanksgiving, V.

Jeeze, I would love to go to Germany or Ireland as often as she's been to Peru to get to know my heritage. It's fun.
talkingtrash
Talker
Talker

Unread post by talkingtrash »

Time to bring up one of V's lies. She said in a recent video that Lily cannot dress herself completely, yet when Lily was 1.5 she posted a video of a morning routine (titled "Get Ready With Mommy and Baby!" ) where Lily was "getting dressed" (it had tons of cuts and you never actually SEE Lily dressing herself) and in the video V says: "isn't it awesome, she's one and a half and she dresses herself. Ah-mazing!" ...When I first saw that video I knew it was a lie because it was obvious Lily wasn't dressing herself. But why freaking lie about it? I'm not really a Vanessa hater.. but that crap was ridiculous.
hannahbanana
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by hannahbanana »

OhHiImSam wrote:
nela7 wrote:

White Irish people weren't basically enslaved, they WERE enslaved in the 1600s

But basically what you said. She projects a lot of self hatred onto the black community. She should really go to Peru without Lily to look after and really connect with her culture... And no, that doesn't mean serve peruvian family a burnt turkey on Thanksgiving, V.

Jeeze, I would love to go to Germany or Ireland as often as she's been to Peru to get to know my heritage. It's fun.
Seriously though, my mom recently told me how she would love for us to take a trip to Mexico and visit her family and go the town were she was born and raised. I would love to do that and know more about my heritage and were my mom grew up. Not spend the entire trip going to the mall or movies. Vanessa doesn't know how blessed she is to go visit Nona's family every year like that.
Doopher
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Doopher »

Why were people so upset about Lily's sizing? She has Turner syndrome and those girls typically have a wider chest, which might account for the larger sized tops. And as for the small shorts, remember most 18-24 month babies are wearing diapers and lily doesn't wear one so there's probably some extra wiggle room.
nela7
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nela7 »

talkingtrash wrote:Time to bring up one of V's lies. She said in a recent video that Lily cannot dress herself completely, yet when Lily was 1.5 she posted a video of a morning routine (titled "Get Ready With Mommy and Baby!" ) where Lily was "getting dressed" (it had tons of cuts and you never actually SEE Lily dressing herself) and in the video V says: "isn't it awesome, she's one and a half and she dresses herself. Ah-mazing!" ...When I first saw that video I knew it was a lie because it was obvious Lily wasn't dressing herself. But why freaking lie about it? I'm not really a Vanessa hater.. but that crap was ridiculous.
Idk if you're being sarcastic... but I think she was. I've seen that video and I think the "joke" was its obvious Lily can't dress herself at 1... God, I used to adore Vanessa. Lol
talkingtrash
Talker
Talker

Unread post by talkingtrash »

Oh I could swear she was being serious when she said that but I could be wrong. If it was a joke, my bad :)
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

rock_on wrote:I agree that some people on this thread go way over board with the Vanessa hate. Which sucks since it's the only place I can talk about Vanessa and her whiny personality and all the attention seeking shit she does, but then I come here and see some people talking about irrelevant things like it's the end of the world and I can't take half these comments seriously which in turn makes me like Vanessa more and want to defend her (eww I know)
Some ppl in general just hates these youtubers so much I actually wonder if it effects their day to day lives. They are damned if they do, damned if they dont and people are never ever happy. This board can get pretty intense, I am on another board which has alot more rules so maybe that is what I am used to? I also wonder/think that maybe this board is used by alot of teenagers pretending to be older because some of the stuff they say... makes me wonder...
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

Doopher wrote:Why were people so upset about Lily's sizing? She has Turner syndrome and those girls typically have a wider chest, which might account for the larger sized tops. And as for the small shorts, remember most 18-24 month babies are wearing diapers and lily doesn't wear one so there's probably some extra wiggle room.
Ya I dont get it either? Didnt people complain before because she was in clothes that were to big? someone commented she should "atleast buy her 2t shorts with a belt" wtf?! WHY?! If your 5 year old fit into size 9 clothes would you just not buy them those clothes? I legit do not understand... Also, I find all clothing companies are so different in their sizes. My son still fits in 2t Joe Fresh t shirts even though he is 4 and wears 5t Old Navy shirts. It is so weird, why is their not a universal clothing standard? My 2 year old wears 6-12 dresses now as shirts with leggings. Score for me because she can wear them longer.
lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by lizpuff2006 »

I really want to know why V thinks she is so large....to me she looks pretty good. Have we ever gotten real numbers on her height and weight? She says she is at the top of normal...I assume BMI? I guess I don't really believe that. She looks thin enough to me.
atr1252
Informer
Informer

Unread post by atr1252 »

For the longest time my daughter could still fit in 24 month pants. She's always been super tiny. Depending on the brand she was wearing 24 month shorts at 3 years old. And then jumped up to a 2t within a month after turning 4. She turned 4 in October and had now jumped up to a 5t in most of her clothes just this month, but shorts she still fits into a 3t. But of course depending on the brand they can be different sizes. Although she can fit into smaller pants, it's the length that's the problem! They end up being wayyyy to short for her. I'd much rather her pants be a little baggy and fit her length instead of being tight and short.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
atr1252
Informer
Informer

Unread post by atr1252 »

atr1252 wrote:For the longest time my daughter could still fit in 24 month pants. She's always been super tiny. Depending on the brand she was wearing 24 month shorts at 3 years old. And then jumped up to a 2t within a month after turning 4. She turned 4 in October and had now jumped up to a 5t in most of her clothes just this month, but shorts she still fits into a 3t. But of course depending on the brand they can be different sizes. Although she can fit into smaller pants, it's the length that's the problem! They end up being wayyyy to short for her. I'd much rather her pants be a little baggy and fit her length instead of being tight and short.

I mean 3t not 2t lol

atr1252
Informer
Informer

Unread post by atr1252 »

lizpuff2006 wrote:I really want to know why V thinks she is so large....to me she looks pretty good. Have we ever gotten real numbers on her height and weight? She says she is at the top of normal...I assume BMI? I guess I don't really believe that. She looks thin enough to me.
I remember her saying she weighs somewere in between the 140-150 range, I'll have to find the video. It was pretty recent. As far as her height I think she's about 5 4 or 5 5. I've never weighed that much unless I was pregnant. I'm normal weight for my height. I'm 5 3 and weigh about 110. Well not currently because I'm growing a human lol

mac-n-cheese
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mac-n-cheese »

140 to 150 is a great weight. And she doesnt look fat.
What looks good on one body may not on the other.
So just because YOU have never weighed that much. Doesn't mean anything...

Some can look like Gisele Bundchen at 140 and some can look like Snooki before she lost weight.
It's build and fat distribution.

Not a Vanessa fan in the slightest but I think she looks fine. And it's annoying to see how body obsessed she is. All she does is set herself up to fail.

You can't work yourselfto the point of passing out in a class and then just stop and go back to your normal habits.
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

yummles wrote:I agree with fossilfinger about Gypso. So she likes Vanessa. Personally, I can't stand Vanessa because she is a racist and barely pays Lily any attention. But Gypso is entitled to disagree with us. I still hate Vanessa lol but she has the right to her opinions and she's pretty calm and respectful in her posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't mean to threadjack, but people haven't even noticed that I've been criticizing Vanessa for a long time now. Yet everyone assumes I'm always defending her. I'm not. I definitely DO agree with the major complaints. It's just that meaningful conversations about how she parents gets lost in pages of "I hate everything about her, etc.". If all she sees is the stupid stuff, she's not going to want to change at all. If she sees real criticism that is moderate if possible, she actually does try to do what you want. It's small victories sometimes. Like how she puts up Lily's hair now, and she listened about not putting Lily in the stroller for walks. Do you see what I mean? That real advice gets lost a lot on this thread. She definitely does deserve criticisms. I've never said otherwise. I'm not here enough to jump on every single issue, but that doesn't mean I don't agree.

Also, I definitely don't hate Britney. I think she deserves criticism sometimes too. I've defended her a lot actually, and no one notices that. Also, I never ever say that anyone is not entitled to their own opinion, whatever it is. I wish there was more meaningful conversation here like there used to be, but most of those people who participated are gone.
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
Pingupingu2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pingupingu2 »

mac-n-cheese wrote:140 to 150 is a great weight. And she doesnt look fat.

Some can look like Gisele Bundchen at 140 and some can look like Snooki before she lost weight.

Not a Vanessa fan in the slightest but I think she looks fine. And it's annoying to see how body obsessed she is. All she does is set herself up to fail.

You can't work yourselfto the point of passing out in a class and then just stop and go back to your normal habits.
I wouldn't say it's annoying, but rather sad...being so obsessed with your body, exercise and food are signs of a mental problem/eating disorder. I know how it feels and I feel sad for her in that aspect. For everything else I just think she's annoying as f^ck, inmature and selfish, so yeah :D
When nothing is certain, anything is possible
red3head
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by red3head »

I don't really think she is obsessed with her body. She just needs vlog content and attention. She needs people to tell her how amazing she is for caring so much about her health. She needs people telling her how skinny she is. She needs people to tell her how awesome her cooking skills are. If she was truly into fitness and exercise, she would go straight to the gym after she dropped lily off at school, but instead she waits for lily to get out of school to go walk the trails. Everything she does is for attention only.

atr1252
Informer
Informer

Unread post by atr1252 »

mac-n-cheese wrote:140 to 150 is a great weight. And she doesnt look fat.

I didn't say she was fat. She looks normal size to me. I'm probably shorter than her, so my normal weight is normal for my size. Her weight is normal for her height. It would be different if she was super short and weighed that much.

Pingupingu2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pingupingu2 »

red3head wrote:I don't really think she is obsessed with her body. She just needs vlog content and attention. She needs people to tell her how amazing she is for caring so much about her health. She needs people telling her how skinny she is. She needs people to tell her how awesome her cooking skills are. If she was truly into fitness and exercise, she would go straight to the gym after she dropped lily off at school, but instead she waits for lily to get out of school to go walk the trails. Everything she does is for attention only.

As much as I hate V, I really hope you're right and she just does it for attention, an not because she has serious self-esteem problems. Nobody deserves that..
When nothing is certain, anything is possible

Return to “2011teenagemom”