Bonnie and Joel: #RelationshipGoals Part 4

ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: #RelationshipGoals Part 4

Unread post by ladymama »

My 3 year old plays soccer and they actually don't practice at all :) just go right into the games.

My biggest pet peeve with Bonnie (and most youtubers) is when she films and laughs when a child does something they aren't supposed to do. In my opinion, Boston is too young to open the front door without permission (back door is debatable because the back yard is fenced in) and he certainly shouldn't be climbing on equipment like that by himself. But now he thinks it's funny and cute.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

That's a big problem with a bunch of vloggers. They film their kids acting out and laugh at it. DB, Shay, a lot of them do it. I think Shay probably has a big part of the blame for it. He's not the only one who does it, just been doing it longer and more successfully than just about anyone.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

That's a big problem with a bunch of vloggers. They film their kids acting out and laugh at it. DB, Shay, a lot of them do it. I think Shay probably has a big part of the blame for it. He's not the only one who does it, just been doing it longer and more successfully than just about anyone.

ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

Kryptonite wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:That's a big problem with a bunch of vloggers. They film their kids acting out and laugh at it. DB, Shay, a lot of them do it. I think Shay probably has a big part of the blame for it. He's not the only one who does it, just been doing it longer and more successfully than just about anyone.

I noticed this as well. Sometimes it's hard not to laugh when kids rebel. If a child says a "naughty" word, I'm done... But I see this more often than them shutting off the camera and telling the child to stop doing whatever they're doing.

This isn't directly about Bonnie but vloggers in general.
When my daughter was two, she tripped over the cat and called her an asshole. I swear I nearly peed myself. But when she laughed and said it again I had to put my mom pants back on and get serious. Then I went outside, called my best friend, and laughed again!

I think sometimes it's definitely hard not to laugh, so I feel sympathy there.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Absolutely sometimes it's hard. My ex and I joked before we had kids that the hardest thing about discipline was going to be not laughing. But when you make a habit of it, and film it, you encourage it. You gotta be the hardass sometimes, if you don't want to raise brats.

chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

bonnie said in a video a while back that they won't show them disciplining the kids. she very well could have taken care of it off camera.

i think it must be especially hard to discipline boston because he has that sheepish smile when he knows he's being naughty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

chipmunks wrote:bonnie said in a video a while back that they won't show them disciplining the kids. she very well could have taken care of it off camera.

i think it must be especially hard to discipline boston because he has that sheepish smile when he knows he's being naughty.

It's a great thing when the kids do something bad and then Bonnie turns off the video, but she doesn't usually do that. Bonnie (like most vloggers) usually just continues filming and laugh and it encourages them and makes them think it's okay/funny.

parryhotter
Informer
Informer

Unread post by parryhotter »

Boston really is Joel made over! Some of the faces he made when he was in the tub were SO Joel! No wonder Bonnie has such a soft spot for the little guy!

ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

I didn't think the tractor thing qualified as naughty, personally. Curious and excited 3 year old boy, yes. And I think it was fine that Bonnie laughed before getting him down and teaching him it wasn't okay. Honestly those are the little things that are cute to tell them about when they are older. I think Bonnie seems to have a great balance of strictness and love. Her kids are very well behaved!
izzythecat
Talker
Talker

Unread post by izzythecat »

Adding to the discussion about Boston climbing up on the tractor- it scared me when I saw that he climbed up there all by himself. However, I think Boston did it because he saw Joel climb up there the day before when Bonnie told him not to, and we all know Boston is a mini Joel. But I agree- I hope Bonnie made it clear to Boston that the tractor is dangerous for little boys like him.
Iammrsnesbitt
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Iammrsnesbitt »

lmmomSD wrote:
ohmygoshyouguys wrote:I'm dying to see the rest of the remodel get finished! I'm so excited to see it all.
Side note, as I was watching today I had the thought that I'm not sure whether I want to keep reading here or not. It makes it so when I watch a vlog I'm looking for all the possible little things people could puck out to complain about, instead of just enjoying it. It also makes me wonder what people would say about me if I was a vlogger! Lol. Anyone else ever think that?
It's one of the reasons I don't vlog! My house is a mess, and my daughter's syndrome makes it hard for her to lose weight, so I can just see the comments! We talked about it, because I was thinking that there don't seem to be any vloggers out there that address special needs-- and she said no way.

Our lives, our reasons, our sanity is a special needs mom :)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Thanks -+ I'll have to check it out!

ihateliars
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ihateliars »

I just started watching her I have to say I like her she's down to earth and nothing like Ellie lol plus her husband isn't lazy which is a plus too;) He really seems to appreciate her and vice versa!! Their kids are hilarious too!!
freshEyremom
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by freshEyremom »

I watched the latest and wondered how she felt ok taking Lincoln and Cody out to lunch and leaving Boston and Olivia. I suspect that it was really only Boston she didn't want to deal with on top of theater boys while out. I have large brood myself and I'm just like-I get in the one hand, button the other you chose to have 4. Learn how to wrangle them. It's a huge responsibility having large number of kids. You have to miss out on lunch out ad other things for the first few years. Too bad-but that's how it is. At one point I had 5- 8 and under.

Second point-what is all the mystery on the renovations. Each video it's another thing being ripped out. No explanation not he full scope of the renovations. I think they don't want us to speculate how much money they are dropping on all tis. But to me-who cares. It's their money ad their ouse. It just does seem interesting timid with Ellie bragging her butt off about the "property" and all.
dailycomplaining
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by dailycomplaining »

freshEyremom wrote:I watched the latest and wondered how she felt ok taking Lincoln and Cody out to lunch and leaving Boston and Olivia. I suspect that it was really only Boston she didn't want to deal with on top of theater boys while out. I have large brood myself and I'm just like-I get in the one hand, button the other you chose to have 4. Learn how to wrangle them. It's a huge responsibility having large number of kids. You have to miss out on lunch out ad other things for the first few years. Too bad-but that's how it is. At one point I had 5- 8 and under.

Second point-what is all the mystery on the renovations. Each video it's another thing being ripped out. No explanation not he full scope of the renovations. I think they don't want us to speculate how much money they are dropping on all tis. But to me-who cares. It's their money ad their ouse. It just does seem interesting timid with Ellie bragging her butt off about the "property" and all.
You make it sound like Bonnie goes out with her friend every freaking day and drops the kids off at Joel's mom. Also I don't feel like there is a mystery at all? She has said several times for months now that during the summer time they wanna redo upstairs which is exactly what they're doing.
staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by staceyeileen »

I see nothing wrong with leaving Boston and Olivia. If she has someone willing to take them, why not? It's good for the kids to get some individual time too.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

I see nothing wrong with her only taking the two kids with her. I'm sure it's good for them to get one-on-one time with each other like that. It's not like she does this every day.

LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

The friend she met at the mall had kids similar ages to the kids Bonnie brought with her. I assumed she did that on purpose?

She probably left Olivia with the grandma to help care for Boston. Joel's parents seem older and more sedate than Bonnie's. Maybe handling all four kids at once was too much for the grandma?
izzythecat
Talker
Talker

Unread post by izzythecat »

If you watch the vlogs, you will see the Bonnie spends everyday with all 4 kids and is a great mom. Also, they have been showing tons of footage of the renovations. It's good for parents to spend individual time with each kid, and Joel's mom probably loved spending time with Olivia and Boston. I fail to see the problem here.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

I find it nice that she managed to make friends with the people she met at the convention.
Also it was impressive that she remembered the birthday of that girl.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”