2011keepingupwithBritney: Part 29

liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2011keepingupwithBritney: Part 29

Unread post by liz749 »

DreamLead wrote:The fact that she went out to buy gender reveal supplies.. she's what? 8 weeks pregnant? She still has 2 and a half months before she'll find out the gender.. my goodness Vanessa, RELAX.
I would be upset if I were David's parents too. Vanessa does nothing to help Lily, who knows what David does for her. Vanessa needs to get her priorities in check before this new baby comes.
She's probably having the genetic testing done at 12 or 13 weeks due to Lily's chromosome issues, and then she'll be able to find out the gender from that.
annapaulndaniel
Informer
Informer

Unread post by annapaulndaniel »

I think the sad faced emoji is perfectly understandable since she is sad that Lily is struggling while other children don't have to face those same obstacles. She is probably just a bit sad FOR Lily that it is looking like she will have to fight harder throughout her schooling and that is not something that they had anticipated since Lily is quite bright.

Also the family thing is possibly because some family members feel it isn't necessary to send Lily to a special school and maybe worry that it will hold her back. I am glad Vanessa is staying strong in her decision and I am sure everyone else will come around as they understand how the program can benefit her in time.

It would be a hard call because cognitively Lily has always seemed great and her language delay has been a dressed since she was a toddler. V must have been shocked when the delays presented and feeling a bit sad for Lily is nothing to be ashamed of. We all want our kids to have a happy, carefree start to life and Lily has never had that :(
red3head
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by red3head »

I have always thought this and I have posted about it on this board. It doesn't seem like Vanessa is ever present with lily. I mean, they are home together, shopping together etc., but it doesn't seem like Vanessa ever plays with lily. Some kids play well independently and its seems like lily is one of those kids but that is not an excuse to not interact with her. I think Vanessa kept saying that lily had no delays because she honestly didn't know because she doesn't interact with her enough. She thought she was being the best mom ever by sitting lily in a high chair forcing her to memorize flash cards rather than teaching her real life things. That giant playhouse would be an amazing teaching tool. Hell even trips to target are an opportunity for conversation. She needs to get down on the ground, with no phone in her hand, and be present with her child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CypKitty »

1979 wrote:There is only so much a parent to a special needs child can do. It isn't fair for Lilly to be in school all day and then come home and complete more practice at home in addition to an additional session of speech therapy at barely four years old. She needs time to be a child. Playing serves an important purpose and there are learning opportunities available while a child plays. This is coming from a parent of a child with special needs.
Agreed. My daughter didn't walk till 2 years 8 months - I was getting her fortnightly physio (still does at almost 4), was never a baby left in a cot or confined to one space - she just couldn't get it. Cognitively she is awesome though
amykay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amykay »

Any guesses where her big trip is planned to? And is she bringing Lily?
literallywhat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by literallywhat »

I'm hesitant to applaud Vanessa and David for this decision. It has been proven over and over again that the best learning environment for a special needs child is in the least restrictive environment possible, meaning the closest to a typical classroom. And it is usually students will very very severe disabilities that end up spending very little time in a typical school so children with down syndrome, severe autism, etc. And personally, Lily hardly seems to fit into that category. I don't think this will be terrible for Lily, but I worry that is sets a precedent for Vanessa and David pulling her out of the typical classroom when that really doesn't seem to be necessary.

And I agree that there is only so much a parent can do and Lily can't be expected to be in school and therapy all day. But do we truly feel Vanessa and David have done everything they can before reaching this point? This just seems like an overreaction to me.
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I believe V and D could have done more up to this point. However we only get a glimpse of their day
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

literallywhat wrote:I'm hesitant to applaud Vanessa and David for this decision. It has been proven over and over again that the best learning environment for a special needs child is in the least restrictive environment possible, meaning the closest to a typical classroom. And it is usually students will very very severe disabilities that end up spending very little time in a typical school so children with down syndrome, severe autism, etc. And personally, Lily hardly seems to fit into that category. I don't think this will be terrible for Lily, but I worry that is sets a precedent for Vanessa and David pulling her out of the typical classroom when that really doesn't seem to be necessary.

And I agree that there is only so much a parent can do and Lily can't be expected to be in school and therapy all day. But do we truly feel Vanessa and David have done everything they can before reaching this point? This just seems like an overreaction to me.
First of all, Lily is not being pulled out of her current school to attend the special-needs program. Her current school is not offering a summer session due to construction. And Lily is already enrolled in her current school for the fall. Secondly, David and Vanessa made this decision after consultation with Lily's speech therapist and her teachers. The special-needs program is just a trial to see if Lily makes more progress. As a special needs parents, they must place Lily in a situation where she flourishes best no matter what research shows. So I guess we will see if the summer program helps Lily.
missparzival
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by missparzival »

Her teachers admitted to V that they weren't sure what else to do for Lily right now, so she needs this summer special program to be with people trained to help special needs. Her regular teachers aren't.
I do believe they could've done more up to this point but they haven't, so hopefully this program catches her up. She doesn't seem THAT far behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WompWomp_1738
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by WompWomp_1738 »

The fckin heavy breathing and a million "um"s while talking about Lily's needing a special needs school, made me want to stab my damn laptop. HOLY SHITE.
lonelysoul
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lonelysoul »

Has she been on twitter or fb or is she ghost again?
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

It is just a video link on FB
imnottired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imnottired »

I don't know why Vanessa thinks she has to consult her family on all of Lilys decisions. Vanessa, if you feel like lily should be put in a school that will help her catch up to her peers, put her in the school. You are the mother and you make the decisions. (And David's too, of course.)
imnottired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imnottired »

Oops. I meant that David helps make decisions regarding Lily, not that Vanessa makes his decisions... But I'm sure she does that too.
lonelysoul
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lonelysoul »

Why would anyone, especially Britney, like Vanessa's horrible pregnancy announcement?
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

lonelysoul wrote:Why would anyone, especially Britney, like Vanessa's horrible pregnancy announcement?
As terrible as Vanessa's announcement was she is still pregnant... After two long, difficult, stressful months of TTC.
Hatethefakeones
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Hatethefakeones »

OhHiImSam wrote:
lonelysoul wrote:Why would anyone, especially Britney, like Vanessa's horrible pregnancy announcement?
As terrible as Vanessa's announcement was she is still pregnant... After two long, difficult, stressful months of TTC.
Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Kmommy
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kmommy »

Idk why people get so mad over her making TTC vlogs. How was she suppose to know it would have been that quick to get pregnant? It could have taken her 2 month or 2 years. She just got lucky.
KatherineLouvain
Informer
Informer

Unread post by KatherineLouvain »

Kmommy wrote:Idk why people get so mad over her making TTC vlogs. How was she suppose to know it would have been that quick to get pregnant? It could have taken her 2 month or 2 years. She just got lucky.
Because she came off like a bratty know-it-all when, unless she was lying and Lily was actually planned, she has never TTC before now. Documenting her journey would have been fine, going off on one she was an expert when all she'd done is read a few articles online for a couple of weeks was not. It was a huge kick in the teeth for those who are genuinely TTC and don't get their advice from Doctor Google.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

KatherineLouvain wrote:
Kmommy wrote:Idk why people get so mad over her making TTC vlogs. How was she suppose to know it would have been that quick to get pregnant? It could have taken her 2 month or 2 years. She just got lucky.
Because she came off like a bratty know-it-all when, unless she was lying and Lily was actually planned, she has never TTC before now. Documenting her journey would have been fine, going off on one she was an expert when all she'd done is read a few articles online for a couple of weeks was not. It was a huge kick in the teeth for those who are genuinely TTC and don't get their advice from Doctor Google.
Not to mention she started taking pregnancy tests at what, 7 DPO? And took like a hundred pregnancy tests in the short amount of time she was TTC. If she had made just ONE video about it and then said she would update every three or six months if she didn't get pregnant, that would have been fine. Instead she acted like it was such a trial to get pregnant and used abbreviations like "DPO" which nobody actually uses when speaking, trying to sound like an expert.

Return to “2011teenagemom”