Bonnie and Joel: This Old House - Part 6

chipmunks
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: This Old House - Part 6

Unread post by chipmunks »

i actually thought today's vlog was quite sweet. when she got home and Joel showed her the lights and she started tearing up. it was a very cute moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Sarai wrote:I wonder if Joel has a calling in the church and that's what he's been doing...
Honestly, I am surprised Joel doesn't do more than jog, nap, a few things around the house and is home a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I'm sad to say I'm not loving Bonnie's videos anymore. Something has changed. I guess it started when they got all secretive about Joel quitting his job.
It's not even that he quit, if Bonnie is doing well enough to finance them then great. But it's disappointing that they're trying to hide what he's up to, I know they don't owe us an explanation but I always thought Joel was more of a go getter, and it seems like now that he doesn't have to be doesnt do a whole lot. And that might be that they're just not sharing what he does all day but if sure seems all he does is jog. His calling at church isn't so time involved that he couldn't have a regular job either, most of the men with that calling also work all day so I don't believe he's spending all his day dealing with church.

I'm just disappointed with their videos. They used to be my favourite.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I actually really liked the Tattoo vlog. The title was iffy, but honestly I feel like all the vloggers are pretty ridiculous with their titles, so I don't really hold it against one vlogger more than the others. It's an awful trend and I wish they'd all stop... But they won't.

That aside, I really did like the vlog, from Bonnie's commentary on Olivia's serious "firstborn" personality to Bonnie's reaction to the lights, to Lincoln playing basketball, to the "Sorry" anecdote, to Linc really, really wanting to play the game with the bigger kids and getting frustrated when he couldn't.

There were a few parts that might be problematic for some, but overall, this vlog had the right "feel" to it - at least for me.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

RecklessDisregard wrote:I actually really liked the Tattoo vlog. The title was iffy, but honestly I feel like all the vloggers are pretty ridiculous with their titles, so I don't really hold it against one vlogger more than the others. It's an awful trend and I wish they'd all stop... But they won't.

That aside, I really did like the vlog, from Bonnie's commentary on Olivia's serious "firstborn" personality to Bonnie's reaction to the lights, to Lincoln playing basketball, to the "Sorry" anecdote, to Linc really, really wanting to play the game with the bigger kids and getting frustrated when he couldn't.

There were a few parts that might be problematic for some, but overall, this vlog had the right "feel" to it - at least for me.
I agree. I posted before I watched this one, and I did like it. Unlike some vloggers, I'm never actually bored while watching a Bonnie vlog, but I don't always remember to watch everyday. E&Js vlogs are so boring some days that I'll get distracted and wander away mid vlog and not realize until much later that I never actually finished. That doesn't really happen with Bonnie's vlogs, though it helps when they are doing something and/or we are seeing the kids.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
RecklessDisregard wrote:I actually really liked the Tattoo vlog. The title was iffy, but honestly I feel like all the vloggers are pretty ridiculous with their titles, so I don't really hold it against one vlogger more than the others. It's an awful trend and I wish they'd all stop... But they won't.

I agree. I posted before I watched this one, and I did like it. Unlike some vloggers, I'm never actually bored while watching a Bonnie vlog, but I don't always remember to watch everyday. E&Js vlogs are so boring some days that I'll get distracted and wander away mid vlog and not realize until much later that I never actually finished. That doesn't really happen with Bonnie's vlogs, though it helps when they are doing something and/or we are seeing the kids.
I always fast forward when it is just E & J., but I don't when it is B & J. For the most part I enjoy Bonnie's vlogs. I think because her kids can be kids and not props.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Joel being so nochalant about Lincoln being in the road about gave me a heart attach. Good lord, the safety issues astound me.

I can't beleive Joel hasn't gotten a new car/truck yet. They are making bank and he still drives a beater.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

It was a very cute vlog but I was nervous when Joel was letting all the kids walk through the parking lot holding groceries instead of hands. The camera was panned over on Boston for so long that Olivia and Cody had wandered ahead. They're too small to see if any of the cars were backing out of their spaces, and there was also someone with a buggy trying to get around them but Boston kept walking and stopping in front of them.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

nutbagmcgee wrote:Joel being so nochalant about Lincoln being in the road about gave me a heart attach. Good lord, the safety issues astound me.

I can't beleive Joel hasn't gotten a new car/truck yet. They are making bank and he still drives a beater.
I adore this about Joel, my husband is the same way Image. I hope he doesn't fall prey to the "keeping up with the Joneses" mentality that Jared seems to have developed. That would be a real shame. I doubt he will though with the sentimental attachment he seems to have to things.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:Joel being so nochalant about Lincoln being in the road about gave me a heart attach. Good lord, the safety issues astound me.

I adore this about Joel, my husband is the same way Image. I hope he doesn't fall prey to the "keeping up with the Joneses" mentality that Jared seems to have developed. That would be a real shame. I doubt he will though with the sentimental attachment he seems to have to things.
I love that it has a name. BUT-- shouldn't Cody still be in a booster, and was Olivia in the front seat? He needs a different car if he is going to drive the kids around and not use the "family" car. Why wouldn't he use it if Bonnie was sick, anyway?
And anyone else think that the Lipton soup was a product placement? I heard that product placement was getting to be a thing, and different from sponsoring a vlog (I could be wrong). Stuff is nasty anyway. And anyone catch the "Ellie took all our soup when she was sick" . Who does that and doesn't replace it, or doesn't have her husband go buy her some of her own? Narcissistic Ellie, of course!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

lmmomSD wrote: And anyone else think that the Lipton soup was a product placement? I heard that product placement was getting to be a thing, and different from sponsoring a vlog (I could be wrong). Stuff is nasty anyway.
I don't think it was, because Joel kept saying how disgusting he thinks it is. I kind of enjoyed how he was poking fun at the Griffiths sisters' little idiosyncrasies by talking about how they all eat that crappy soup when they're sick.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

lmmomSD wrote: I love that it has a name. BUT-- shouldn't Cody still be in a booster, and was Olivia in the front seat? He needs a different car if he is going to drive the kids around and not use the "family" car. Why wouldn't he use it if Bonnie was sick, anyway?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

He said the kids like riding in his car. I'm guessing thats why they took Joels car.

In all honestly Cody and Boston should be in 5pt harnesses and Olivia needs to be in a high back booster. Bonnie and Joel are ignorant about car seat safety. It is so dissapointing.
observer
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by observer »

I've been kind of watching them and just seeing where things go with Bonnie's vlogs the past few months, and I just have to comment on today's video description. I can't stand it when vloggers treat their vlogs like TV episodes and talk in third person... I feel like it really distances them from their viewers. I wonder if it's because Joel possibly uploaded it? Regardless, I hope they don't start doing that on every video.
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

observer wrote:I've been kind of watching them and just seeing where things go with Bonnie's vlogs the past few months, and I just have to comment on today's video description. I can't stand it when vloggers treat their vlogs like TV episodes and talk in third person... I feel like it really distances them from their viewers. I wonder if it's because Joel possibly uploaded it? Regardless, I hope they don't start doing that on every video.
she does not usually write a summary like that in the description. it may have been Joel. whoever it was spelled even wrong, but they've both shown to be poor spellers. the end did show he did all of today's vlog through.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Wtf was up with Lincoln wondering around the front yard with no supervision. Joel was doing that montage for quite a long time without even looking to see what Lincoln was doing and then he ended up in the road. I have a 1 year old and never take my eye off of him when we are outside. I just don't understand this mentality.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

chipmunks wrote:
observer wrote:I've been kind of watching them and just seeing where things go with Bonnie's vlogs the past few months, and I just have to comment on today's video description. I can't stand it when vloggers treat their vlogs like TV episodes and talk in third person... I feel like it really distances them from their viewers. I wonder if it's because Joel possibly uploaded it? Regardless, I hope they don't start doing that on every video.
she does not usually write a summary like that in the description. it may have been Joel. whoever it was spelled even wrong, but they've both shown to be poor spellers. the end did show he did all of today's vlog through.
It is their job (income) and you would think they would pay attention to spelling.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:

Perhaps they are hoping Chrysler will give them a new minivan.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tratra58 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

Perhaps they are hoping Chrysler will give them a new minivan.

Perhaps, but some people just really don't mind diving an older (paid off) vehicle that runs. Maybe they think it would be nice to get a free vehicle, but I don't necessarily think that's why they haven't bought a new one.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I'm sad to say I'm not loving Bonnie's videos anymore. Something has changed. I guess it started when they got all secretive about Joel quitting his job.
It's not even that he quit, if Bonnie is doing well enough to finance them then great. But it's disappointing that they're trying to hide what he's up to, I know they don't owe us an explanation but I always thought Joel was more of a go getter, and it seems like now that he doesn't have to be doesnt do a whole lot. And that might be that they're just not sharing what he does all day but if sure seems all he does is jog. His calling at church isn't so time involved that he couldn't have a regular job either, most of the men with that calling also work all day so I don't believe he's spending all his day dealing with church.

I'm just disappointed with their videos. They used to be my favourite.
I feel the same and the vlogs I did like were the ones where they traveled to NYC.

To me, it really isn't her channel anymore even if she says it is. I was impressed with Joel working and coming home spending the evenings remodeling. I am not impressed with his daily routine now.

littlebit
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by littlebit »

I saw that too. My guess was bc Joel uploaded it, I thought it was kinda funny (if indeed that is why). I really doubt they'll start doing that every vlog!

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”