Pits of paradis

Ashdega
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pits of paradis

Unread post by Ashdega »

brittknee wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:42 am had to sign up to see if anyone online was discussing and glad to find this forum. been watching her for a while now but barely watch anymore. i watched her last couple of videos and wonder if anyone else finds her story odd about why they are selling. she took 6 or 7 minutes to say they see it as an investment but you can tell she forgot to edit the video and she said the same thing twice just different each time. it seemed like she was trying to figure out a way to say it without being asked a ton of questions about it from her audience. i guess i don't believe the story because i was watching religiously when they bought the house and showed that process and they did a lot of personal touches to the actual build of the house if i remember right. putting personal touches and wants and needs to a house doesn't scream investment property where you sell in 24 months but i could be wrong and wondering if anyone else is scratching their head.
Well we built our home, and we knew we would be selling it in two to three years. We relocated here from the DMV area to Texas in December 2017 and then started building a home in April 2018 which was completed in November 2018. Our home has increase in value up to 9percent from the purchase price from the builder. We selected everything for our home that we thought we like. Now I'm ready for a bigger home that will suit our family needs. Just because people build homes and select finishes for them does not mean it is personal etc. When we built our home we built base on what we liked and the finishes we choose was something that we knew would appear to other buyers when we got ready to sell again. We move a lot so we knew this wasnt our forever home. We've lived in 3 countries and visited over 32 states because of my spouse career ( IT). When we got to Texas we looked at over 60 plus homes. All of them looked lived in even the ones that were barely 2 to 3 years old. All the homes that we saw I wanted to either change something or gut. My realtor was like building may be best for you and it was. I will never live in a pre own home again if I can avoid it. I made sure that all the finishes and touches we chose for our home would be something other buyers will like and that I liked also. Building a home really isnt that hard. The hard part is selecting finishes that go and will flow with the home and potential buyers.
brittknee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by brittknee »

Ashdega wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:03 pm
Well we built our home, and we knew we would be selling it in two to three years. We relocated here from the DMV area to Texas in December 2017 and then started building a home in April 2018 which was completed in November 2018. Our home has increase in value up to 9percent from the purchase price from the builder. We selected everything for our home that we thought we like. Now I'm ready for a bigger home that will suit our family needs. Just because people build homes and select finishes for them does not mean it is personal etc. When we built our home we built base on what we liked and the finishes we choose was something that we knew would appear to other buyers when we got ready to sell again. We move a lot so we knew this wasnt our forever home. We've lived in 3 countries and visited over 32 states because of my spouse career ( IT). When we got to Texas we looked at over 60 plus homes. All of them looked lived in even the ones that were barely 2 to 3 years old. All the homes that we saw I wanted to either change something or gut. My realtor was like building may be best for you and it was. I will never live in a pre own home again if I can avoid it. I made sure that all the finishes and touches we chose for our home would be something other buyers will like and that I liked also. Building a home really isnt that hard. The hard part is selecting finishes that go and will flow with the home and potential buyers.
I understand that. I still feel there is more to the story is all I am saying rather than it hurts my knees to walk upstairs.
crew96
Talker
Talker

Unread post by crew96 »

Ashdega wrote:
brittknee wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:42 am had to sign up to see if anyone online was discussing and glad to find this forum. been watching her for a while now but barely watch anymore. i watched her last couple of videos and wonder if anyone else finds her story odd about why they are selling. she took 6 or 7 minutes to say they see it as an investment but you can tell she forgot to edit the video and she said the same thing twice just different each time. it seemed like she was trying to figure out a way to say it without being asked a ton of questions about it from her audience. i guess i don't believe the story because i was watching religiously when they bought the house and showed that process and they did a lot of personal touches to the actual build of the house if i remember right. putting personal touches and wants and needs to a house doesn't scream investment property where you sell in 24 months but i could be wrong and wondering if anyone else is scratching their head.

Why would you never live in a preowned home? I’m just curious. That notion seems silly to me but my SIL is building their second and has echoed the same. I live in a moderately pretty big city, so to build you are moving 35+ minutes from downtown or any trendy area. I just don’t see that many pros to building vs. buying and renovating....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ashdega
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ashdega »

crew96 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:28 pm
Ashdega wrote:

Why would you never live in a preowned home? I’m just curious. That notion seems silly to me but my SIL is building their second and has echoed the same. I live in a moderately pretty big city, so to build you are moving 35+ minutes from downtown or any trendy area. I just don’t see that many pros to building vs. buying and renovating....

Well because they always seem lived in. I like things to be newer etc. I dont care much of living in trendy places or high traffic Cities. I preferr the suburbs, less traffic affluent quiet areas. When we were home searching before building, everything I saw I wanted to gutt and get rid off. With that being said, I preferr to just build to my liking and live in a space that I only have lived in no one else. If you're a person who love old homes or isnt specific in things you like, then new construction will not be for you. When you buy a home and renovate you have to live through those renovations. When you build a home you still have your peace of mind and do not have to live through those renovations. Building a home you can tweak everything to you liking. Where as in some case a pre own home you may have to knock down walls , re direct plumbing etc. I dont have the patients for that nor do I want to live through any type of renovation. Make no mistake though, building a home is stressful but as atleast everything is new and you're the first to live in the home and you know their wont ve hardly any problems very pre owned home. I.e. ac goes out, roof needs to be replace in a couple years etc.
Momma-Est-2008
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Momma-Est-2008 »

Ashdega wrote:
Ashdega wrote: Well we built our home, and we knew we would be selling it in two to three years. We relocated here from the DMV area to Texas in December 2017 and then started building a home in April 2018 which was completed in November 2018. Our home has increase in value up to 9percent from the purchase price from the builder. We selected everything for our home that we thought we like. Now I'm ready for a bigger home that will suit our family needs. Just because people build homes and select finishes for them does not mean it is personal etc. When we built our home we built base on what we liked and the finishes we choose was something that we knew would appear to other buyers when we got ready to sell again. We move a lot so we knew this wasnt our forever home. We've lived in 3 countries and visited over 32 states because of my spouse career ( IT). When we got to Texas we looked at over 60 plus homes. All of them looked lived in even the ones that were barely 2 to 3 years old. All the homes that we saw I wanted to either change something or gut. My realtor was like building may be best for you and it was. I will never live in a pre own home again if I can avoid it. I made sure that all the finishes and touches we chose for our home would be something other buyers will like and that I liked also. Building a home really isnt that hard. The hard part is selecting finishes that go and will flow with the home and potential buyers.

Well because they always seem lived in. I like things to be newer etc. I dont care much of living in trendy places or high traffic Cities. I preferr the suburbs, less traffic affluent quiet areas. When we were home searching before building, everything I saw I wanted to gutt and get rid off. With that being said, I preferr to just build to my liking and live in a space that I only have lived in no one else. If you're a person who love old homes or isnt specific in things you like, then new construction will not be for you. When you buy a home and renovate you have to live through those renovations. When you build a home you still have your peace of mind and do not have to live through those renovations. Building a home you can tweak everything to you liking. Where as in some case a pre own home you may have to knock down walls , re direct plumbing etc. I dont have the patients for that nor do I want to live through any type of renovation. Make no mistake though, building a home is stressful but as atleast everything is new and you're the first to live in the home and you know their wont ve hardly any problems very pre owned home. I.e. ac goes out, roof needs to be replace in a couple years etc.
Now your post on style mom makes sense. Wow lmao pre owned home.....Yassss Queen the entitlement is real Image. I’m sure you see everyone as pheasants compared to you. Bigger, better, newer, more more more materialistic shit. ImageImage

Ashdega
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ashdega »

Momma-Est-2008 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:59 pm
Ashdega wrote:

Now your post on style mom makes sense. Wow lmao pre owned home.....Yassss Queen the entitlement is real Image. I’m sure you see everyone as pheasants compared to you. Bigger, better, newer, more more more materialistic shit. ImageImage

Assuming makes you ignorant. I think I'm a queen and people are peasants because I dont want to live in pre own homes when I can get a newer home for the same price😂😂😩😩. Baffling.

Some people have no issue with DIY, and renovations. I dont want to live in any thing like that. If I buy a home and have to gutt it I might as well buy new construction which is of the abundance in the southwest. Sue me! A HOME should be something you love and enjoy. Not something you just settle for. Theres is a market for all types of buyers and sellers here. I found one that appears to my taste. You're suppose to purchase what you like and can afford. Where is the logic in buying a home that you will renovate for a certain price when you can get new construction for cheaper or the same price?
Ashdega
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ashdega »

Did anyone see the new house hunting series she did? The first house was definitely a gut job. The second house, the curb appeal was lovely, the inside was lovely but yeah defeats the purpose Of moving looking at a 4 story home.
Angelsong01
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Angelsong01 »

I watched the last vlog earlier. I can't believe how picky some people are. I know Brittany and Joe have a beautiful home, or had, I understand they are in temporary accommodation, but surely there is more to their lives than having the perfect house/bungalow, or whatever? I have at some times, been thankful for a roof over my head, not the area, kerb appeal, etc. I know they need one level because of Brit's knee problems, but at pushing eighty, I manage to get upstairs, complete with pain and other physical difficulties. We are in no position to sell up and move. We just put up with these things and love our home as it is.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

Angelsong01 wrote:I watched the last vlog earlier. I can't believe how picky some people are. I know Brittany and Joe have a beautiful home, or had, I understand they are in temporary accommodation, but surely there is more to their lives than having the perfect house/bungalow, or whatever? I have at some times, been thankful for a roof over my head, not the area, kerb appeal, etc. I know they need one level because of Brit's knee problems, but at pushing eighty, I manage to get upstairs, complete with pain and other physical difficulties. We are in no position to sell up and move. We just put up with these things and love our home as it is.
I didnt mean to thank your post.

If you had the money, wouldnt you feel differently? I am 26 years old and have moved over 30 times. I have been homeless, lived in hotel rooms and in crack houses. Now I am comfortable in a townhouse style apartment, but if I had money I would search for the perfect home. If I couldn't find it I would build it.

It's not absurd to buy what you want if you can afford it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Ashdega
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ashdega »

I think everyone is missing the fact that she also stated they are way more closer to family then they were before. With this new home they are building. They have been mentioning for the past year they want to be close to family.When they were staying in Utah they weren't that close to family. We also have to remember when they move into that home, Harper wasn't walking at the time and the adoption was sorta last minute. When they built the home I am sure they didnt factor in a constantly moving little toddler whom was a infant at the time. She also has mention Harper room and playroom were upstairs not on the main floor. They family has grown and will be growing. Sometimes you need to adjust your needs as your family grows. With her constantly running behind Harper, having playtime with her, going up and down the stairs constantly to always check on her probably made her knees worst. We dont know what type of accident or illness she has had that causes pain in her knees and for her to need new replacements. Well at least I dont. They are also having extended family comming to stay with them such as her husband father. They are also possibly doing another adoption and talking about having a additional child. With her needs and elderly people comming to stay with them a one story seems to be best for all of them. I knew from watching the video when she looked at those pre existing homes she was going to want to gutt them. I'm glad she went with new construction because with all the renovations she probably wanted to do, she probably would have came out spending way more than she would have with a new construction. I'm also glad she is going with a custom home instead of a semi custom home that way she can tweak walls and such. I love my new build but I definitely will be going custom next time instead if semi custom.
Ashdega
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ashdega »

I couldn't imagine spending my lifes worth on a home I didjtn enjoy or care for. There is nothing wrong with moving or buying a home that fits your current needs.
brittknee
Gossiper
Gossiper

I’m still furrowing my brow over all of this house stuff. So they went and looked at homes with multiple floors and other aspects they didn’t want and then said that they’re all their dream home. Then looked at lots and said they’re all their dream lot. Then goes to a lot in the middle of a neighborhood that looks nothing like what they said their dream lots were and said that’s their dream lot. And they’re going to build again. My guess is a house with multiple floors. I’m very happy for her and her husband but I also don’t feel like she or they really know what it is they want. Wishing them the best either way.
Ashdega
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ashdega »

brittknee wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:37 am I’m still furrowing my brow over all of this house stuff. So they went and looked at homes with multiple floors and other aspects they didn’t want and then said that they’re all their dream home. Then looked at lots and said they’re all their dream lot. Then goes to a lot in the middle of a neighborhood that looks nothing like what they said their dream lots were and said that’s their dream lot. And they’re going to build again. My guess is a house with multiple floors. I’m very happy for her and her husband but I also don’t feel like she or they really know what it is they want. Wishing them the best either way.

I think the first house was a one story with a basement. The second house was a 4 story house. Yeah I dont know why their realtor showed them a four story house. Maybe the one story homes and their layouts isnt of the abundance in that area. She did say her realtor was telling her she can get a elevator in those homes but one of those homes were at the top, if not over their budget she stated. Sometimes realtors do that. They show you homes that you can adjust to your needs. That four story home was lovely though. The first home, the one story one she wanted to gut. I believe the first lot was beautiful but she said that they didnt know what they will be building behind the house, that's why they didnt get it.
I guess trial and error.
Ashdega
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ashdega »

That first lot was in a cul de sac which she always wanted. However behind the home what would be build their was the issue. So she didnt purchase that lot because she didnt know if they would build a gas station, store, school, apartments behind that lot. Which makes sense as for as resell value etc.
brittknee
Gossiper
Gossiper

I work in the real estate field and am aware of how agents work. The four story house was one they suggested to the agent she said and not the other way around. I stand by what I said that I’m confused and think they are as well when it comes to what they want.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

I can’t believe their house was 5000 sq ft. WHY would you need that much space lmao. That’s so much to clean

Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

I think the lot they chose to build on is horrible. It is in an odd place. They wanted mountain view and I may be wrong but wasn't this plot the only one without mountain view. So strange.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

brittknee
Gossiper
Gossiper

I agree that’s why I said I don’t think either of them really know what they want. She has said what they want multiple times then say their dream lot is the one they got but it’s the complete opposite of their dream lot she mentions. It confused me but something tells me this won’t be their last move.
Momto3boys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Momto3boys »

She is pregnant. I hope this one works out for her ..
Angelsong01
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Angelsong01 »

Just read the pregnancy news on Instagram. I second your comment Momto3boys, particularly as she has been so busy packing and moving home.

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”