• Advertisement
    

Andrea Mills

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby ytdramaqueen » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:19 pm

Tiger27 wrote:How old is she? She looks quite old, way too old to be attempting an unsupervised home birth (not that anyone should be doing that). The risk for complications just seems way too high. But no worries, she’s stocked up on her teas and herb baths so I’m sure everything will be just fine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


My thoughts exactly...I think she looks way older than she really is; or at least I hope. I feel like their house is a clown car at this point.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
ytdramaqueen
Informer
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:40 pm
Has thanked: 1840 times
Been thanked: 1935 times

Advertisement

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby notyomama » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:52 pm

ytdramaqueen wrote:
Tiger27 wrote:How old is she? She looks quite old, way too old to be attempting an unsupervised home birth (not that anyone should be doing that). The risk for complications just seems way too high. But no worries, she’s stocked up on her teas and herb baths so I’m sure everything will be just fine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


My thoughts exactly...I think she looks way older than she really is; or at least I hope. I feel like their house is a clown car at this point.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Shes around 40 slightly under from what I gather in her videos, I am concerned I have some knowledge of herbs and her latest video contradicts what I know to be true...
notyomama
Amateur
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby YellowSweater1950 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:03 pm

notyomama wrote:
ytdramaqueen wrote:
Tiger27 wrote:How old is she? She looks quite old, way too old to be attempting an unsupervised home birth (not that anyone should be doing that). The risk for complications just seems way too high. But no worries, she’s stocked up on her teas and herb baths so I’m sure everything will be just fine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


My thoughts exactly...I think she looks way older than she really is; or at least I hope. I feel like their house is a clown car at this point.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Shes around 40 slightly under from what I gather in her videos, I am concerned I have some knowledge of herbs and her latest video contradicts what I know to be true...


Mind to share what the contradictions are?
YellowSweater1950
Informer
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:45 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2143 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby notyomama » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:29 pm

Nothing dangerous, just not necessary ? I'd have to rewatch to give specifics, but her use of red raspberry leaf is strange for sure.
notyomama
Amateur
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby YellowSweater1950 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:35 pm

Red raspberry leaf is supposed to help tone your uterus so it can help with labor. I had always read you’re supposed to take it for weeks before labor, not just when it starts.
YellowSweater1950
Informer
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:45 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2143 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby notyomama » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:06 pm

YellowSweater1950 wrote:Red raspberry leaf is supposed to help tone your uterus so it can help with labor. I had always read you’re supposed to take it for weeks before labor, not just when it starts.


yes and I've never heard of anyone taking such a strong dose during labor and after. Its a toning herb.
notyomama
Amateur
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby YellowSweater1950 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:23 pm

I actually made her version of the tea to take during my last trimester...it was really gag worthy. I never kept it up, lol.
YellowSweater1950
Informer
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:45 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2143 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby suemia » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:12 pm

Still no baby. I hope she sees a doctor if she goes too overdue!

Looking at Eden today the poor girl has really gained a lot of weight, her tummy is peaking out from her clothes.
suemia
Amateur
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:09 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby YesMia » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:43 pm

suemia wrote:Still no baby. I hope she sees a doctor if she goes too overdue!

Looking at Eden today the poor girl has really gained a lot of weight, her tummy is peaking out from her clothes.


Yeah. I’ve noticed her weight gain as well. They should cut out the soda and cut back on the snack cakes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
YesMia
Talker
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:24 am
Has thanked: 162 times
Been thanked: 165 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby YellowSweater1950 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:36 pm

I wonder if Andrew had an eating disorder at some point. Someone in one video in the comments asked if she’s concerned about their sugar intake, and Andrea gave a nice response but ranted a little bit on the sugar thing. It’s like a trigger for her. She used an -exia word to describe people who eat extremely healthy to the point it’s damaging. It seemed kind of odd.

I get it — I was super into organic healthy natural food, but am now at a point where I can eat fast food and not feel guilty over it for killing myself a little faster. ;) I wonder if she went through something serious that lead her to eat foods the way she does...

Honestly, though, it’s hard to take advice from people when they don’t appear to be very healthy themselves. That’s why I keep my mouth shut about nutrition and diets, and leave it to the professionals. LOL!
YellowSweater1950
Informer
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:45 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2143 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby YellowSweater1950 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:37 pm

Ugh, Andrea not Andrew. Lol
YellowSweater1950
Informer
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:45 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2143 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby Caisflame » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:46 pm

Just found this channel after reading about them in another thread. Every time I come across these big families, I'm so thankful I only have 1 sibling. Maybe they're used to it but being crammed in such a small house and all those boys in that one room would drive me crazy. But I never had to share a room so I'm speaking without perspective I guess.

Do we know how old she is? Unassisted homebirths are scary and risky as is, but especially with someone older.
User avatar
Caisflame
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:44 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 2465 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby onbreak » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Defuego wrote:Just found this channel after reading about them in another thread. Every time I come across these big families, I'm so thankful I only have 1 sibling. Maybe they're used to it but being crammed in such a small house and all those boys in that one room would drive me crazy. But I never had to share a room so I'm speaking without perspective I guess.

Do we know how old she is? Unassisted homebirths are scary and risky as is, but especially with someone older.
Her fb says she graduated 1995, so I'm guessing, 41

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
User avatar
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2827
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:30 am
Has thanked: 8933 times
Been thanked: 13891 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby brittneypretty6 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:09 pm

suemia wrote:Still no baby. I hope she sees a doctor if she goes too overdue!

Looking at Eden today the poor girl has really gained a lot of weight, her tummy is peaking out from her clothes.
I think she only buys them clothes at a certain time. She takes that list and sees what there missing or whatever. But She has to see that Eden's tummy is hanging out :/

Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk
brittneypretty6
Amateur
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:13 am
Has thanked: 868 times
Been thanked: 121 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby Tiger27 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:15 am

I’m also concerned about how long she’s gonna wait this baby out before seeking intervention! Late term babies are at risk for all sorts of complications! The placenta starts to die and the risk of meconium aspiration greatly increases. Plus her age complicates things no matter which way you slice it. And they’re going to be home alone when that baby pops out, god forbid it has any issues. But have no fear, if things go wrong, Andrea can look through her birth emergencies book while waiting to deliver the placenta, while her baby lay lifeless next to her. And she can take solace in knowing whatever happens was “Gods plan”. This whole thing is just so dangerous. I don’t think she’s a bad person, but if this baby ends up injured from her birthing practices, I hope she is arrested because that’s child abuse in my opinion.
Tiger27
Informer
 
Posts: 473
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:00 am
Has thanked: 1379 times
Been thanked: 2310 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby kaylnoel » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:44 am

Tiger27 wrote:I’m also concerned about how long she’s gonna wait this baby out before seeking intervention! Late term babies are at risk for all sorts of complications! The placenta starts to die and the risk of meconium aspiration greatly increases. Plus her age complicates things no matter which way you slice it. And they’re going to be home alone when that baby pops out, god forbid it has any issues. But have no fear, if things go wrong, Andrea can look through her birth emergencies book while waiting to deliver the placenta, while her baby lay lifeless next to her. And she can take solace in knowing whatever happens was “Gods plan”. This whole thing is just so dangerous. I don’t think she’s a bad person, but if this baby ends up injured from her birthing practices, I hope she is arrested because that’s child abuse in my opinion.


Do you know how overdue she is now?

I wonder how far she is from the closest hospital. It makes me so anxious every time I start thinking about her.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
kaylnoel
Informer
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:53 am
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 903 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby Tiger27 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:59 pm

kaylnoel wrote:
Tiger27 wrote:I’m also concerned about how long she’s gonna wait this baby out before seeking intervention! Late term babies are at risk for all sorts of complications! The placenta starts to die and the risk of meconium aspiration greatly increases. Plus her age complicates things no matter which way you slice it. And they’re going to be home alone when that baby pops out, god forbid it has any issues. But have no fear, if things go wrong, Andrea can look through her birth emergencies book while waiting to deliver the placenta, while her baby lay lifeless next to her. And she can take solace in knowing whatever happens was “Gods plan”. This whole thing is just so dangerous. I don’t think she’s a bad person, but if this baby ends up injured from her birthing practices, I hope she is arrested because that’s child abuse in my opinion.


Do you know how overdue she is now?

I wonder how far she is from the closest hospital. It makes me so anxious every time I start thinking about her.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Scrolled through a bunch of comments until I found it, a few weeks ago she said April 12. So I guess 40 weeks 5 days. I guess not exactly overdue...March of Dimes states up to 40wks 6days as full term and past 42 weeks is when the placenta begins to deteriorate. But with her complete lack of appropriate prenatal care and monitoring, it’s a sketchy situation. I haven’t watched the whole pregnancy but who even knows if she got date exactly right. From what I can tell, her only ultrasound wasn’t from by an actual health care professional, but just at one of those for-fun ultrasound places. Has she had anymore real prenatal care? Not just her listening to the heartbeat with a Doppler and checking her urine with an at home test? Ugh it makes me mad that a person *with access to modern, first world health care* would forgo it all. I’m not even saying she needs to go for a hospital birth, but at least take the steps to ensure your baby will be safe. What if it has a heart condition or other anomaly that could have been picked up with a proper anatomy scan when it comes out? Will she know and be able to monitor for it...then get to a hospital fast enough? Will the baby get the standard genetic testing, hearing testing and heart testing that is done for all hospital newborns? This stuff is all done because it saves lives and improves outcomes. It’s just stupid and neglectful not to take advantage of it when it’s at your fingertips. Just because women did it this way in the olden days doesn’t mean it’s okay now. Maternal and newborn mortality rates were through the roof before the modern technology we have now.
Tiger27
Informer
 
Posts: 473
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:00 am
Has thanked: 1379 times
Been thanked: 2310 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby 99RedBalloons » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:11 pm

For the people mentioning it in earlier posts, I watched some of their live stream the other day (no sign of baby yet) and I think they mentioned Andrea is 39.
I agree that Eden needs new clothes, it would really help if she lost a little bit of weight, maybe she will in a few years and this could be puppy fat? Thomas has weight on too though so maybe she's following after him weight wise seeing as Asher and Judah are slim. I can barely watch Eden go around when it seems like she is constantly trying to pull up her jeans, I know how annoying that can be but then with her little tummy sticking out too it's a bit too much. She must be uncomfortable trying to squeeze into those clothes.
I'm not sure why but I really like a lot of her videos. She has a rather soothing voice and she usually seems to have thought a good bit about a topic she is discussing (not saying I agree with unassisted birth at all) but she does seem like a genuinely nice lady. For people in the comments calling her ugly and Hagrid and things, she looked completely differently years ago, very slim. There's a video of her and Tom discussing how they met 'I think it's called before there were 10 there were 2' and there's pictures of them from back then in it. She looks pretty when she puts her hair in a bun, she should really do that more often and cut her hair too would make the world of difference.
She mentioned how she lost weight after she started taking the progesterone cream as she thinks she was lacking it hence miscarrying before this pregnancy and she thinks it's helping with her weight too so maybe after Hannah is born she might keep using the cream and loose some more weight. It would be so beneficial for her health.
99RedBalloons
Wallflower
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:51 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby 99RedBalloons » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:21 pm

For the people mentioning it in earlier posts, I watched some of their live stream the other day (no sign of baby yet) and I think they mentioned Andrea is 39.
I agree that Eden needs new clothes, it would really help if she lost a little bit of weight, maybe she will in a few years and this could be puppy fat? Thomas has weight on too though so maybe she's following after him weight wise seeing as Asher and Judah are slim. I can barely watch Eden go around when it seems like she is constantly trying to pull up her jeans, I know how annoying that can be but then with her little tummy sticking out too it's a bit too much. She must be uncomfortable trying to squeeze into those clothes.
I'm not sure why but I really like a lot of her videos. She has a rather soothing voice and she seems like a genuinely nice lady. I find it weird she refuses to make money off of her videos. She says she won't do it because she wants people to come and 'visit' with her and she wouldn't charge someone to come and talk with her and she wants it to be more genuine hence not making any money on it but I wish she would as then they would have the money to build another bathroom and build an extension to have more living space.
For those commenting on her looks, she looked completely differently years ago, very slim. There's a video of her and Tom discussing how they met 'I think it's called before there were 10 there were 2' and there's pictures of them from back then in it. She looks pretty when she puts her hair in a bun, she should really do that more often and cut her hair too would make the world of difference.
She mentioned how she lost weight after she started taking the progesterone cream as she thinks she was lacking it hence miscarrying before this pregnancy and she thinks it's helping with her weight too so maybe after Hannah is born she might keep using the cream and loose some more weight. It would be so beneficial for her health.
99RedBalloons
Wallflower
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:51 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby brittneypretty6 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:47 pm

99RedBalloons wrote:For the people mentioning it in earlier posts, I watched some of their live stream the other day (no sign of baby yet) and I think they mentioned Andrea is 39.
I agree that Eden needs new clothes, it would really help if she lost a little bit of weight, maybe she will in a few years and this could be puppy fat? Thomas has weight on too though so maybe she's following after him weight wise seeing as Asher and Judah are slim. I can barely watch Eden go around when it seems like she is constantly trying to pull up her jeans, I know how annoying that can be but then with her little tummy sticking out too it's a bit too much. She must be uncomfortable trying to squeeze into those clothes.
I'm not sure why but I really like a lot of her videos. She has a rather soothing voice and she seems like a genuinely nice lady. I find it weird she refuses to make money off of her videos. She says she won't do it because she wants people to come and 'visit' with her and she wouldn't charge someone to come and talk with her and she wants it to be more genuine hence not making any money on it but I wish she would as then they would have the money to build another bathroom and build an extension to have more living space.
For those commenting on her looks, she looked completely differently years ago, very slim. There's a video of her and Tom discussing how they met 'I think it's called before there were 10 there were 2' and there's pictures of them from back then in it. She looks pretty when she puts her hair in a bun, she should really do that more often and cut her hair too would make the world of difference.
She mentioned how she lost weight after she started taking the progesterone cream as she thinks she was lacking it hence miscarrying before this pregnancy and she thinks it's helping with her weight too so maybe after Hannah is born she might keep using the cream and loose some more weight. It would be so beneficial for her health.
I really like her videos to. It's interesting to see how other people live. My doc let me go 2 weeks over due with my girls before they would even talk about inducing. I think she said b4 that her last couple ones were over due as well. I'm interested to see how much of the birth and stuff she films. I wanna see how she deals with it all. It's such a different way then hospitals or even most home births.


Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk
brittneypretty6
Amateur
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:13 am
Has thanked: 868 times
Been thanked: 121 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby cookingmama » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:31 pm

99RedBalloons wrote: I agree that Eden needs new clothes, it would really help if she lost a little bit of weight, maybe she will in a few years and this could be puppy fat? Thomas has weight on too though so maybe she's following after him weight wise seeing as Asher and Judah are slim. I can barely watch Eden go around when it seems like she is constantly trying to pull up her jeans, I know how annoying that can be but then with her little tummy sticking out too it's a bit too much. She must be uncomfortable trying to squeeze into those clothes.


Thomas has slimmed down a little in my opinion, I think it's because of his new job and him actually moving around. But poor Eden does look uncomfortable all the time! She's wearing clothes that are probably one or two sizes too small, she's a sweet girl and I'm tempted to send a few shirts her way so that she's not uncomfortable anymore. I have noticed nobody except maybe Solomon and below has clothes that actually fit well.
cookingmama
Amateur
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:07 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby kaylnoel » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:52 pm

I’d bet anything Eden is very uncomfortable and self conscious. I was a bit chubby at her age and even in jeans that I thought fit, I was constantly adjusting them. I was just very aware of how they felt on me and how uncomfortable I was. They certainly eat a lot of crap. There was one video where someone in the comments asked her about her food choices and letting the children eat Lunchables a loooong time ago and Andrea said she had researched that sort of thing extensively and felt that it wasn’t enough of a concern for their family or something along those lines so she’d allow her children to eat them.

But she makes all sorts of tinctures and doesn’t seek medical care for pregnancies? I just feel like the two don’t add up. What if the children end up diabetic or with hypertension later in life from the high sugar/carb/sodium diet? Do you seek medical intervention or do you treat that with tinctures? Or is it not your problem since they’ll be living outside the home? Why not eat more homegrown fruits and vegetables? She wants to support local small businesses so why not buy that stuff locally if she doesn’t want to grow it herself? Just doesn’t make sense to me.

I do find her videos fascinating because it’s so different from how I live my life. I also think her voice is super soothing and comforting. I just pray this baby girl is okay. She’s has no doctor visits at all in this pregnancies from what I understand. She only had an ultrasound to determine the gender. She said on Facebook that she wants Hannah to come on her own and doesn’t want to intervene and has felt guilty the times she’s done stuff to hurry along labor so I guess we will see.

I know this post is really long already but one more thing I’ll say is my mother was 38 when I was born and ate junk. She developed type 2 diabetes and had a massive heart attack & died in front of me when I was 14. I pray for Andrea’s children’s sake that she will perhaps choose to stop drinking things like Mt. Dew and eating so many processed foods and try to get into better shape because all of those children will need her.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
kaylnoel
Informer
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:53 am
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 903 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby cookingmama » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:43 pm

kaylnoel wrote: I’d bet anything Eden is very uncomfortable and self conscious. I was a bit chubby at her age and even in jeans that I thought fit, I was constantly adjusting them. I was just very aware of how they felt on me and how uncomfortable I was. They certainly eat a lot of crap. There was one video where someone in the comments asked her about her food choices and letting the children eat Lunchables a loooong time ago and Andrea said she had researched that sort of thing extensively and felt that it wasn’t enough of a concern for their family or something along those lines so she’d allow her children to eat them.


Their diet is certainly one of convenience rather than health. She spends quite a bit of money on her tinctures and her "natural" medicines but skimps in the way of actual health. Quite a few of her kids are "picky" eaters and I bet that's because they're used to eating sugary snacks and drinks and food and that is such a shame for their futures. I get that kids need snacks and they should get treats every once in a while but they don't need a bag of chips every day or a zebra cake every day. It just seems like a useless argument with her because she always comes on all high and mighty about how she knows what's best for her and her family, but she clearly doesn't.
cookingmama
Amateur
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:07 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby notyomama » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:17 am

I think some of it is the season of life they're in too, I had really bad morning sickness with this pregnancy and we ate dominoes once a weeks, usually we eat out once or twice a month. I was on a first name relationship with kevin the delivery driver. I felt guilty but I was too exhausted and sick to care. We've done a lot more granola bars/pretzel/snacky meals this pregnancy too, I try to keep things balanced, my kids are older and I only have 3 so Im betting its easier for me. They don't drink soda and we make oatmeal and muffins instead of snack cakes but I cant even IMAGINE feeding that many kids right now.
notyomama
Amateur
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: Andrea Mills

Postby YellowSweater1950 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:48 pm

It’s “cheaper” (I mean, the snacks are not necessary so that’s why they’re in apostrophes) to buy the way she does, and it’s less work. They eat instant oatmeal, quick lunches. Dinners are homemade — pizza once a week. She was going to try to do more homemade lunches in the beginning of the lunch year, but understandably it seems they’re back to quick lunches now with her late in pregnancy.

From my understanding, junk can be easier on your system than other food if your metabolism is great. For me, that is not the case, and I can’t just drink daily soda’s and snack cakes without any repercussions.

Like I said above, it’s hard to listen or take someone seriously when it comes to nutrition or health when they are far from the picture of perfect health.
YellowSweater1950
Informer
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:45 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2143 times

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to A-H

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blossom76, dramallama123, Goldrose, Google [Bot]