izziebelle13
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Unread post by izziebelle13 »

janica wrote:
Defuego wrote:Lol and only ONE of those products was for acne. The pore strips are for blackheads and they're horrible for your skin. Ruby looks a lot older than she is because of her skin, I guess it's time for her to pass down bad skincare to the children.
I have tried EVERYTHING from the drug store and nothing worked. My doctor gave me some advice about birth controll pills when I was 16. I don't have acne anymore, only when I eat unhealthily and when I have my "period". My sister has this problem too, so maybe Ruby or one of the girls (when they are old enough ofcourse) have to be on birth control to get rid of acne
I think the girls would have a hard time adjusting to birth control mainly from a religious point of view. It’s strictly prohibited in many branches of Christianity as it prevents life even if Ruby is done having kids, shes actually still quite young in the sense she still has about another 10 years to have children before beginning menopause so I think it would cause conflict. I guess Shari could use it because she wont be having sex until she’s married which is still another 3 years away minimum but I doubt she would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I started using birth control at 15 for periods and it was a life saver. I hate the thought of anyone suffering through things birth control could solve because of their religion.
prizzleberry
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by prizzleberry »

LDS ("Mormon") women can take birth control, sexually active or not.

https://www.lds.org/topics/birth-control?lang=eng
Bobbityfo1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Bobbityfo1 »

Of course they can use birth control, they'd all be like the Duggars otherwise

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
prizzleberry
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by prizzleberry »

I was responding to izziebelle13's comment (and others before) about birth control.
izziebelle13
Informer
Informer

Bobbityfo1 wrote:Of course they can use birth control, they'd all be like the Duggars otherwise

No. The Duggars are fundamentalist Christians who believe that God will provide them with however many kids he thinks they will handle. Therefore will procreate until Michelle will enter menopause (which is around now) as everyone knows science exists and the amount of unprotected sex they have=the amount of children Michelle will pop out. That is why they have so many kids. Ruby and Kevin are nowhere near extreme as this and have decided having six kids is enough for them and they do not want anymore which is what the church teaches them to do (have kids when they feel they are and how many they want) unlike Michelle who believes she has to have more. They do not like the use birth control in the LDS church as it prevents the creation of life which is one of the sole reasons behind marriage and sex so it frowned upon however, they do accept it in some cases and that is at the discretion of the couple (which is why Shari will probably not be on birth control as they are led to believe that it is used to prevent life only)
WriteMeOut
Talker
Talker

Unread post by WriteMeOut »

I don't subscribe to Shari, and I don't even watch her videos but her hair tutorial from yesterday popped up on my feed. I want to share a few observations.

1. That shit she put on is not a heat protectant. It is an expensive leave-in conditioner type product.
2. She says her hair is already a few days past a wash, and you can see it's dirty, and then she describes re-curling in "later days". WTF. How long is she going without bathing?? How is Ruby okay with this? She must smell.
3. It really looks unfinished. She must get her hair sensibilities from her Aunt Ellie.
:love2: I am amused. :love2: Image
izziebelle13
Informer
Informer

WriteMeOut wrote:I don't subscribe to Shari, and I don't even watch her videos but her hair tutorial from yesterday popped up on my feed. I want to share a few observations.

1. That shit she put on is not a heat protectant. It is an expensive leave-in conditioner type product.
2. She says her hair is already a few days past a wash, and you can see it's dirty, and then she describes re-curling in "later days". WTF. How long is she going without bathing?? How is Ruby okay with this? She must smell.
3. It really looks unfinished. She must get her hair sensibilities from her Aunt Ellie.
Eh she might wash her body and not her hair. I do that everyday, I have a shower but I don’t wash my hair as most of the time my hair doesn’t need washing and styling hair can help if the hair is a couple days after a fresh wash.

Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

WriteMeOut wrote:I don't subscribe to Shari, and I don't even watch her videos but her hair tutorial from yesterday popped up on my feed. I want to share a few observations.

I had to comment on the second point you are making. I sometimes let my hair go without wash for 2-3 days, but I still shower my body daily. Studies have shown that more you wash your hair, more quickly it gets greasy. It also helps grow hair healthier not to wash it everyday. My hair is acclimated to this wash cycle and doesn't look greasy though. She is teenager so her hormones make her hair also get greasy super fast I guess.

Also, I have noticed that my hair is easier to curl on second day after washing. Maybe because my conditioner (Pantene) makes my hair so light and airy.
WriteMeOut
Talker
Talker

Unread post by WriteMeOut »

izziebelle13 wrote: Eh she might wash her body and not her hair. I do that everyday, I have a shower but I don’t wash my hair as most of the time my hair doesn’t need washing and styling hair can help if the hair is a couple days after a fresh wash.

Kataja wrote:I had to comment on the second point you are making. I sometimes let my hair go without wash for 2-3 days, but I still shower my body daily. Studies have shown that more you wash your hair, more quickly it gets greasy. It also helps grow hair healthier not to wash it everyday. My hair is acclimated to this wash cycle and doesn't look greasy though. She is teenager so her hormones make her hair also get greasy super fast I guess.

Also, I have noticed that my hair is easier to curl on second day after washing. Maybe because my conditioner (Pantene) makes my hair so light and airy.
Alright. I do these things myself. I shower my body daily and let my hair go for a bit. I also subscribe to the belief that it is unhealthy for your hair to wash it everyday, and that the more you wash it the more oil it produces. Also, all hair is easier to style on the second day. We are all on the same page here.

My point was that knowing the weirdness of these people and their extended family, do you really believe that Shari would do anything as sensible as washing her body but not her hair? Because I really don't.
:love2: I am amused. :love2: Image
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I do think Shari is smart enough to wash her body and not her hair. They may be a weird bunch of people but I don't think she's a complete moron. Tying your hair up in a bun or throwing a shower cap on then washing your body is a pretty common sense thing that I do believe Shari is capable of knowing to do. She's 15 and is smart in her own ways.
jenboghel01
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jenboghel01 »

WriteMeOut wrote:
izziebelle13 wrote: Eh she might wash her body and not her hair. I do that everyday, I have a shower but I don’t wash my hair as most of the time my hair doesn’t need washing and styling hair can help if the hair is a couple days after a fresh wash.

Kataja wrote:I had to comment on the second point you are making. I sometimes let my hair go without wash for 2-3 days, but I still shower my body daily. Studies have shown that more you wash your hair, more quickly it gets greasy. It also helps grow hair healthier not to wash it everyday. My hair is acclimated to this wash cycle and doesn't look greasy though. She is teenager so her hormones make her hair also get greasy super fast I guess.

Alright. I do these things myself. I shower my body daily and let my hair go for a bit. I also subscribe to the belief that it is unhealthy for your hair to wash it everyday, and that the more you wash it the more oil it produces. Also, all hair is easier to style on the second day. We are all on the same page here.

My point was that knowing the weirdness of these people and their extended family, do you really believe that Shari would do anything as sensible as washing her body but not her hair? Because I really don't.
I don’t either, because I remember in a video where Abby was packing and she mentioned not liking to change her underwear everyday
The whole family is backwards

megtanner35
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by megtanner35 »

What surprises me is the fact that they have sooooo many views but very few comments on here. I mean they do the weirdest things just like B and E but 8passengers gets few comments. It makes me thing that for sure they are paying for their views and botting them. Even the number of comments to views is always drastically different.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

megtanner35 wrote:What surprises me is the fact that they have sooooo many views but very few comments on here. I mean they do the weirdest things just like B and E but 8passengers gets few comments. It makes me thing that for sure they are paying for their views and botting them. Even the number of comments to views is always drastically different.
I think it’s because they started out a more kid focused channel. E&J and DB has a strong following of adults before changing things up and trying to be kid channels. It’s adults that talk here. Hardly anyone watches DB anymore because it’s aimed at children, that thread has slowed down dramatically. 8 passengers was always more popular with little kids, it never really built up a huge adult crowd which is why I think it’s less talked about here. There are quite a few channels that hardly get any comments here despite having all sorts of drama going on and I’ve always assumed it’s because hardly any adults find them worth watching (think sly fox, tannerites, ohana adventure).

I don’t think Ruby buys views. Her channel is popular because of the wide age range of kids she has, appealing to lots of kids. She can talk about puberty which seems to be all the rage and has “cute” little ones to show off as well. She still actually tends to show their day so there vlogs are way more interesting than E&J and she plays up the klutzy, kooky Mom routine really well. I also don’t think ruby has a mean streak like her sisters either. Viewers probably pick up on that.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I definitely think that SlyFox doesn't get a lot of attention because of the fact that they always aimed at kids. They probably got that advice from DB. What can you say? They're obnoxious, fake, clickbaiting, and money hungry. But we can only repeat that so many times!
I do think it's interesting that Ruby was all mad at SlyFox for "copying" her...

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

izziebelle13 wrote:

Eh she might wash her body and not her hair. I do that everyday, I have a shower but I don’t wash my hair as most of the time my hair doesn’t need washing and styling hair can help if the hair is a couple days after a fresh wash.

Ruby just said recently it is OK for a 4-5 yr old to get 3-4 days without a bath. I disagree. Kids get stinky and aren't great wipers. Let's be real here for a minute. That's gross. I do not wash my hair but every 3-4 shower but yes I shower daily. It is not good to wash your hair daily.
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pleasecleanyourhouse »

janica wrote:
Defuego wrote:Lol and only ONE of those products was for acne. The pore strips are for blackheads and they're horrible for your skin. Ruby looks a lot older than she is because of her skin, I guess it's time for her to pass down bad skincare to the children.
I have tried EVERYTHING from the drug store and nothing worked. My doctor gave me some advice about birth controll pills when I was 16. I don't have acne anymore, only when I eat unhealthily and when I have my "period". My sister has this problem too, so maybe Ruby or one of the girls (when they are old enough ofcourse) have to be on birth control to get rid of acne
Here where I live, isotretinoinum is quite common for acne (however advised only for people who are fighting acne for years and tried other forms of medications such as antibiotics) and it's much better for a teen then birth control as long as she doesn't need it for gynaecological reasons. On the other hand it's commonly used along birth control because it is teratogenic - it could severly hurt fetus in case of pregnancy, but I don't think it would be needed in Shari's case.
And, as I mentioned earlier, there are also antibiotics, they should probably try them

izziebelle13 wrote:
Bobbityfo1 wrote:Of course they can use birth control, they'd all be like the Duggars otherwise

No. The Duggars are fundamentalist Christians who believe that God will provide them with however many kids he thinks they will handle. Therefore will procreate until Michelle will enter menopause (which is around now) as everyone knows science exists and the amount of unprotected sex they have=the amount of children Michelle will pop out. That is why they have so many kids. Ruby and Kevin are nowhere near extreme as this and have decided having six kids is enough for them and they do not want anymore which is what the church teaches them to do (have kids when they feel they are and how many they want) unlike Michelle who believes she has to have more. They do not like the use birth control in the LDS church as it prevents the creation of life which is one of the sole reasons behind marriage and sex so it frowned upon however, they do accept it in some cases and that is at the discretion of the couple (which is why Shari will probably not be on birth control as they are led to believe that it is used to prevent life only)
They are Quiverfull, that's why they're so extreme
grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

I get so triggered when people talk about their showering habits. We're allowed 90 second showers a day and given my hair is down to my waist (growing it to donate) it's just impossible so I shower way less than you all seem to . You do it with a cloth and a sink of water. Try for a week just using 50 litres of water a day and you'd be surprised at how much water you're all wasting. Shari however is a greasy child but the griffiths don't seem like the type to cough up money for doctors unless the kid is in severe pain.
freebeegal
Informer
Informer

Unread post by freebeegal »

Aurielle wrote:I get so triggered when people talk about their showering habits. We're allowed 90 second showers a day and given my hair is down to my waist (growing it to donate) it's just impossible so I shower way less than you all seem to . You do it with a cloth and a sink of water. Try for a week just using 50 litres of water a day and you'd be surprised at how much water you're all wasting. Shari however is a greasy child but the griffiths don't seem like the type to cough up money for doctors unless the kid is in severe pain.
Are you in prison? I don’t mean to be rude but where are you that limits your shower time to 90 seconds?

bbaby18
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bbaby18 »

freebeegal wrote:
Aurielle wrote:I get so triggered when people talk about their showering habits. We're allowed 90 second showers a day and given my hair is down to my waist (growing it to donate) it's just impossible so I shower way less than you all seem to . You do it with a cloth and a sink of water. Try for a week just using 50 litres of water a day and you'd be surprised at how much water you're all wasting. Shari however is a greasy child but the griffiths don't seem like the type to cough up money for doctors unless the kid is in severe pain.
Are you in prison? I don’t mean to be rude but where are you that limits your shower time to 90 seconds?

Im also confused as to how her being greasy requires her to need a doctor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Return to “8 Passengers”