Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Katie:Learning to Say No to Everything Except Gaines|Part 21

Unread post by wishes »

Disclaimer: Let's remember this was 15 years ago and people change over time.

Here is Katie's old LiveJournal from 2004 about her and Cullen's adventures, school/family life and some cryptic posts about being hurt. There are few posts about Cullen's past relationships that she seems insecure about and possibly alluding to his drug use?

If ya'll have time, take a gander: https://katiepie307.livejournal.com/
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

japaluvr wrote:Disclaimer: Let's remember this was 15 years ago and people change over time.

Here is Katie's old LiveJournal from 2004 about her and Cullen's adventures, school/family life and some cryptic posts about being hurt. There are few posts about Cullen's past relationships that she seems insecure about and possibly alluding to his drug use?

It was 15 years ago, but some things never change. So many excuses for everything in that journal. Like having to take the dog to get fixed because she’d had two heat cycles already, and it being the vets fault because they had guessed her age wrong. Ok, so why didn’t you get her fixed right after the. FIRST heat cycle?

Also, Grand Doc and Dolly have gone to wrestling events with them (who knew?)

Katie is sad she didn’t get to do an annual mother/daughter trip with Dolly.

Cullen was a man child that used to invite his friend over to play video games while Katie just waited for him in another room (or she was so controlling she insisted on hanging out at his apartment even though she knew he was busy).

And so much immaturity....

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201901 ... 030773.jpg[/IMG]

Sure she was young, but she wasn’t as “country club” as people like to assume she was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

wishes wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:22 am Thanks for clearing that up, Playsinrain!

I don't understand how someone accepts excessive drinking & weed use if they're so against it unless they were partaking as well.
I also don't understand how someone can be ok with excessive daily drinking, but then draw the line at smoking weed... yes i get that weed isn't a legal substance and alcohol is, but how is drinking a case of beer a day while being a SAHF to an infant ok, but having a joint to help you sleep at night not??
(I know he never admitted to drinking while alone with Gaines as an infant, but lets be real here... i think Katie's desire to suddenly quit her job and stay home with Gaines full time was not just bc she missed the baby... )
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Katie has never known sober Cullen.

Will they even like each other when/if he comes out the other side of this?

What if he’s a completely different person? What if he suddenly decides he needs more education, or wants to pursue a profession? Getting sober can change everything about a person.

If Katie chose him because of how he made HER feel (ie, she could control him, he chased her, she could feel superior, etc), how will she feel when/if he takes more pride in himself and maybe decides to focus on growth and success?
:roll:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

wishes wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:18 am Disclaimer: Let's remember this was 15 years ago and people change over time.

They weren't lying when they said their relationship was up and down from day one!!
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

I have a LJ too from 2002 and it's very cringe-worthy to read now as a 30+ year old woman. I can't believe I wrote the things I did and the most horrible events at the time are so insignificant now.

The older we get, the more wiser (for some) we become. Everyone at one point in their life was naive, she just made her journal public to show it. That's what I'm trying to say.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

^^^^ I COMPLETELY disagree that Katie thought she needed to quit to be with Gaines. I think that was all about the laziness. If Cullen was that bad, then why try to have another baby? Why move to a new house? Buy a new vehicle? I do think Cullen was fine with Gaines, and that a lot of his problems started with the added financial pressure after the move.

I also think Katie was fine with Cullen having issues because it’s justified her NEED to just stay home with the kids and my return to work. She doesn’t want to work. She’s supposedly picked up her life and Isabel to do it on her own.... only she isn’t. She needs to stay with Cullen so he can continue to do all the work to help fund her outrageous lifestyle.

It doesn’t make sense that she’d make that big deal about weed before bed because it’s a lie. We thought Cullen had a problem because he was acting manic. He also mentioned the drug “deadening his emotions.” Weed doesn’t do that.

And if he was using weed to self medicate for his depression, why wasn’t he in therapy or on meds? Katie isn’t responsible for his addiction, but she had resources and information that could have benefitted him (and their children). I would similarly side-eye a Dentist that didn’t encourage their spouse to use proper oral care, or a mechanic that allowed their spouse to drive a dangerous vehicle.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Theirmom wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:41 am Katie has never known sober Cullen.

Will they even like each other when/if he comes out the other side of this?

What if he’s a completely different person? What if he suddenly decides he needs more education, or wants to pursue a profession? Getting sober can change everything about a person.

If Katie chose him because of how he made HER feel (ie, she could control him, he chased her, she could feel superior, etc), how will she feel when/if he takes more pride in himself and maybe decides to focus on growth and success?
Great points, i would hope she would be excited for him and support him if he tried to do ANY of those things, BUT if what we think about Katie and her need for control in this relationship is the binding factor, she might not like who he becomes...
Also.. Has Cullen ever known a sober Katie??? Bc since she has (assuming she has since her lifestyle change) stopped drinking heavily, she has changed A LOT about herself too... wonder if Cullen is enjoying this new Katie as well.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Playsinrain wrote: (I know he never admitted to drinking while alone with Gaines as an infant, but lets be real here... i think Katie's desire to suddenly quit her job and stay home with Gaines full time was not just bc she missed the baby... )
We’ve all commented on the kids sleep schedules. We now know they did it on purpose to accommodate their daily hangovers.
It’s entirely possible, and likely, that he sleep-adjusted Gaines to be up later so she would sleep more in the morning when he was hungover. Katie was likely exhausted because she’d be up all night with a baby who was used to sleeping most of the day.

:roll:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:43 am ^^^^ I COMPLETELY disagree that Katie thought she needed to quit to be with Gaines. I think that was all about the laziness. If Cullen was that bad, then why try to have another baby? Why move to a new house? Buy a new vehicle? I do think Cullen was fine with Gaines, and that a lot of his problems started with the added financial pressure after the move.

I also think Katie was fine with Cullen having issues because it’s justified her NEED to just stay home with the kids and my return to work. She doesn’t want to work. She’s supposedly picked up her life and Isabel to do it on her own.... only she isn’t. She needs to stay with Cullen so he can continue to do all the work to help fund her outrageous lifestyle.

It doesn’t make sense that she’d make that big deal about weed before bed because it’s a lie. We thought Cullen had a problem because he was acting manic. He also mentioned the drug “deadening his emotions.” Weed doesn’t do that.

And if he was using weed to self medicate for his depression, why wasn’t he in therapy or on meds? Katie isn’t responsible for his addiction, but she had resources and information that could have benefitted him (and their children). I would similarly side-eye a Dentist that didn’t encourage their spouse to use proper oral care, or a mechanic that allowed their spouse to drive a dangerous vehicle.

I said that only bc i found it interesting that he said he was drinking that much shortly after Gaines was born and that was also the time Katie decided to come back to be a SAHM... Surely he's not that stupid, but addiction is an evil disease.
I agree she was probably jealous that Cullen was able to be "lazy" (not saying it's lazy to be a SAHP!!!!!!!! I KNOW ITS NOT!!!) and stay home with the baby while she was the breadwinner. Speaking of, i wonder if the plan of her being the breadwinner from day one was bc she knew he had issues that would make it hard for him to hold down a job)

I think she loves him, and wants to be with him and have babies and nice homes and nice cars with him and thought maybe if they finally had all those things they have talked about wanting that it would fill whatever void Cullen was trying to fill with booze and drugs. Like she thought if they had these things he wouldn't feel like he had to drink to be happy. When in reality the pressure to keep up these things drove him further into his vices.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

One thing is clear. They have been a mess for years, only we didn’t see it until recently.

We used to hold their parenting up in comparison to Bryan and Missy’s, and thought they were so much better. Now it looks like they were partying A LOT around the kids, and putting their own wants and needs (and the needs of their dysfunctional relationship) above the children’s needs. That is sad, and as obnoxious as Bryan and Missy are, at least they have an entourage of people around them to watch the kids they aren’t willing too. They also waited to build a life they found “afford” (at the current time) and we have no evidence that they openly fight in front of the kids. People used to say that Bryan and Missy were “trailer trash” people who had money. What are Cullen and Katie if you strip away all the imagery of the fancy house, upbringing, country club, monogrammed clothes, fancy vehicles, etc and just picture them living in a tiny trailer somewhere?

We aren’t talking about a drug issue. It sounds like we are talking about many different issues, and a spouse that is willing to excise the vices she too wants to enjoy. Cullen can stop smoking weed (if it even was just weed), but if he continues to drink he’s going to develop a drinking problem.

Nothing I heard even suggested he found an alternative treatment for his depression. Did it just go away?

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Lots here have commented the last couple of years about the issues that Cullen and Katie (mostly Cullen) are finally opening up to.

It’s interesting about Katie though, isn’t it? I commented yesterday and asked what people here thought made Katie finally draw the line. Because according to Cullen up until a couple of weeks ago she was more then ok with their life, she lived it. According to Cullen she drank as much as he did. He has never said she participated in the drugs, but she’s been aware their entire relationship what he’s into so why now? Does Katie think the drinking is a problem? Not only for Cullen, but for herself as well.

It makes me wonder what Katie’s parents think. It would stand to reason that a lot of her hush hush ideas come from her upbringing. Did they know that Cullen used some pretty serious drugs while dating? Did they know that Katie was ok with him bringing drugs to their home?

Grand berry sounds like a pretty understanding and sympathetic lady. But what does she think of the kids being around the drinking and drugs? Both Cullen and brittney seem to blame their childhood on their problems, Cullen doesn’t see that his kids are being raised in the same situation he was but does berry? Has she talked to Cullen?

It’s definitely a mess. And I don’t think we have, or will have, or even need the full story. And I imagine they will soon sweep it under the rug and act like it’s all good, just like the first time they brought up marital issues.
GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by GGF1987 »

I can't help but wonder if this addiction thing is real(I know this won't be a popular thought and that's okay). I'm not saying these two aren't a mess because everyone watching the last few years knows they are. I stopped watching regularly when they moved. They changed during that moving process and they've never been the same. Their views have been down, their subscriptions are down, and more and more and more cracks are showing up. So Cullen starts this podcast with his sister hoping that will get their channel going again. But it doesn't. They've made it pretty clear they aren't having any more children, so there isn't going to be a pregnancy to save their channel. They've tried the martial problem angle and the mental health angle and neither worked. So what's left to try? Addiction. I'll also throw out it wasn't that long ago that there a question about addiction on Bonnie Hollein's channel (and in my mind there is still questions about it because she still has times she seems to be on something) and I believe it brought in some extra views for her and she's one of the ones who tweeted him after the videos about his "addiction" were posted. I'll also add that I don't think him nor Katie really seemed that upset or worried or anything about his addictions which seems...odd to me. Also they aren't specifically saying exactly what he's "addicted" to. At first it seemed like just an issue with alcohol but now there is talk of weed and cocaine but they've never out and out said what the issue is or exactly what he is doing to deal with it.

I don't know maybe it's just wishful thinking (for the kids sake, I don't really care that much about Katie or Cullen) and I know there is a history of addiction in his family but I still just can't help but wonder.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

GGF1987 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:06 pm I can't help but wonder if this addiction thing is real(I know this won't be a popular thought and that's okay). I'm not saying these two aren't a mess because everyone watching the last few years knows they are. I stopped watching regularly when they moved. They changed during that moving process and they've never been the same. Their views have been down, their subscriptions are down, and more and more and more cracks are showing up. So Cullen starts this podcast with his sister hoping that will get their channel going again. But it doesn't. They've made it pretty clear they aren't having any more children, so there isn't going to be a pregnancy to save their channel. They've tried the martial problem angle and the mental health angle and neither worked. So what's left to try? Addiction. I'll also throw out it wasn't that long ago that there a question about addiction on Bonnie Hollein's channel (and in my mind there is still questions about it because she still has times she seems to be on something) and I believe it brought in some extra views for her and she's one of the ones who tweeted him after the videos about his "addiction" were posted. I'll also add that I don't think him nor Katie really seemed that upset or worried or anything about his addictions which seems...odd to me. Also they aren't specifically saying exactly what he's "addicted" to. At first it seemed like just an issue with alcohol but now there is talk of weed and cocaine but they've never out and out said what the issue is or exactly what he is doing to deal with it.

I don't know maybe it's just wishful thinking (for the kids sake, I don't really care that much about Katie or Cullen) and I know there is a history of addiction in his family but I still just can't help but wonder.
Many here have thought his drinking has been an issue for years, and there has been a LOT shown on the vlogs that back up what they are saying (hindsight is 20/20). there have also been lots of vlogs in the past year and a half too 2 years that people have questioned drug use bc of his behavior. A lot of that was talked about that even before the first depression/marital issues vlogs. I'm not sure exactly what ALL he is addicted to at this point, but i have zero doubt in my mind that there is substance abuse going on in that house (from both of them) the past vlogs and things we have witnessed proves a lot of that.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I remember a vlog filmed early in the morning (maybe black friday?) where Cullen was obviously stoned out of his mind and talking to himself while getting into his car. People tried to argue that maybe it was sleep deprivation, or just Cullen acting silly, etc etc. People just couldn't accept that he was very obviously high as hell.

I'm here to say I told you so, bitches!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

RootBeerFloatie wrote:I remember a vlog filmed early in the morning (maybe black friday?) where Cullen was obviously stoned out of his mind and talking to himself while getting into his car. People tried to argue that maybe it was sleep deprivation, or just Cullen acting silly, etc etc. People just couldn't accept that he was very obviously high as hell.

Lol. I remember that Image

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

RootBeerFloatie wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:20 pm I remember a vlog filmed early in the morning (maybe black friday?) where Cullen was obviously stoned out of his mind and talking to himself while getting into his car. People tried to argue that maybe it was sleep deprivation, or just Cullen acting silly, etc etc. People just couldn't accept that he was very obviously high as hell.

I could probably name at least a half dozen vlogs where he was high AF, a couple where i was convinced Katie was too..
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

viewtopic.php?f=233&t=10001&start=475

That's when we started discussing the vlog that I was thinking about in particular, towards the bottom of that page. Look at all of the excuses for him when he was obviously high as a kite driving around town at 10am!
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

RootBeerFloatie wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:52 pm viewtopic.php?f=233&t=10001&start=475

That's when we started discussing the vlog that I was thinking about in particular, towards the bottom of that page. Look at all of the excuses for him when he was obviously high as a kite driving around town at 10am!

Thanks for linking that back. I just skimmed a few pages, but I think it’s pretty crazy how some people were spot on. One person even said they think Katie and family are ok with and that jay does pot as well, even perhaps together at the beach house.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

See, I don't think it's just a little pot and just a little drinking. Maybe it's because I'm from Oregon and lived in LA for a long time, but everyone used pot all the time—even before it was legal. Now you can get prescriptions for real medical reasons—including sleeping problems, anxiety, etc. I guess anyone can be addicted to anything...but if he was using just a little to wind down the day I wouldn't think that would be too terrible. Granted, if he was mixing lots of weed and lots of vodka...that could be a problem.

The timelines in the podcast are also super messed up and confusing. He said he'd be high on pain pill IN THE VLOGS, but they didn't really start the vlogs until they moved to Tallahassee. Cullen said the older guy with the pills was his neighbor in Tuscaloosa. Cullen and Katie were also married when they moved to Florida, so that would have been 4-5 years apart. [Fact check: Cullen was actually 24 when he moved to Tuscaloosa, in the podcast he said he was 20.]

They also didn't touch on using meth. They both said they used it in the last podcast...and Brittany got caught with a dirty test using it in prison! Jeez, these two were really into drugs!

They are trying to whitewash this story quite a bit seeming to downplay the seriousness. I still think something serious happened last weekend (Jan. 12-13) and that was the catalyst for all of this newfound sobriety and addiction talk.

If he did actually have a drink at the Mexican restaurant recently then he's NOT sober. Brittany wasn't sober until she got pregnant. I don't think they seem to understand what they are talking about.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”