Steps to covering up your failure | Steps to Wander | Part 7

TellAll
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to covering up your failure | Steps to Wander | Part 7

Unread post by TellAll »

I love how Kelsey was like “With June it was a lot of people but it was great” and Corbin immediately interrupted and was like “It was too much”
Excuse you. You weren’t the one laying in a hospital bed with machines hooked up to you going through intense labor pains. Let the woman speak and don’t interrupt her. Respect goes a long way Corbean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jmoysa »

Another fake question Q and A. Corbin really is such a controlling douche bag.
Their whole talk about the “lie in”. Sure last time they didn’t keep Missy away with all her gifts and supplies. I wonder how in the world they think they can pull off even doing a partial lie in with a very demanding toddler. They really have no clue about the real world.

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

Weird the Lannings were in Boise and didn't bother to see K&C, not that I expected them to, but it's just so odd how their relationship/friendship totally died. Looks like they visited Bryan's sister and then went to Emmett, where they all grew up.

It makes me feel a little bad for Kelsey. I think Missy was her only friend. Corbin is just an asshole who probably never actually had any friends. It was obvious he and Bryan didn't actually get along all that well.
sparklyfluff
Informer
Informer

Unread post by sparklyfluff »

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201908 ... 051cc7.jpg[/IMG]

I don’t remember seeing that job there before, so is he working for his family’s business now?

Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

sparklyfluff wrote:[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201908 ... 051cc7.jpg[/IMG]

I don’t remember seeing that job there before, so is he working for his family’s business now?

Lol, ah what we all knew. Working for daddy. Looks like among his many failures, his college education was a waste too.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

crew96
Talker
Talker

Unread post by crew96 »

I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was handling the company’s social media, marketing...etc. but they have like zero online presence.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I wonder if this means they'll finally be more upfront about YouTube being a flop and him having to take a job with his dad. It's hilarious that he gave himself the title of "manager." What does Corbin know about managing a business? Their channel is circling the drain and he hasn't been able to hold down a job longer than 6 months in his life. Let's see how much patience his own father has for him,or if he'll burn that bridge too. He probably expects to barely work and still collect a paycheck from mommy and daddy. If he had to start at the bottom and work his way up that would be one thing, but giving himself the title of manager makes this look like a vanity project. They're essentially collecting welfare from his own parents because he's too lazy to work for a real boss.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

That's probably barely a PT job and surely he works from home AND it's definitely seasonal. Well, at least we really do know they are getting all their money from his parents.

I'm guessing he's just doing admin work. I would think his mom would have had that role in the family business.

Now it makes sense they dropped the # of videos around the beginning of the spring/summer because Corbin had to work for his dad/brother.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Does anyone else watch JHouse Vlogs? Their youngest is about a week older than June and she's speaking up a storm and so social, but June is still just repeating what her parents say. Hopefully preschool will really help her with her language skills and getting to know other kids.

I am curious how having a sibling is going to affect her. I think they are in for a ROUGH time when Tator-tot arrives.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

So Missy and Bryan went from Idaho to Utah to see E&J.

I wonder if Kelsey and Corbin watch their videos or SM posts. It must sting quite a bit to see former friends totally skip you when they are in the same city. I've never had a friendship turn THAT toxic, but I imagine it really sucks.

Whatever Corbin did must have been REALLY bad. Even if Bryan fired him (or whatever happened), you'd think they'd eventually get over it and stay friends—at least Kelsey and Missy.

It does seem they subtly take stabs at each other in videos from time to time.
spiralstatic
Talker
Talker

Unread post by spiralstatic »

rosie_dalia wrote:So Missy and Bryan went from Idaho to Utah to see E&J.

I wonder if Kelsey and Corbin watch their videos or SM posts. It must sting quite a bit to see former friends totally skip you when they are in the same city. I've never had a friendship turn THAT toxic, but I imagine it really sucks.

Whatever Corbin did must have been REALLY bad. Even if Bryan fired him (or whatever happened), you'd think they'd eventually get over it and stay friends—at least Kelsey and Missy.

I wonder if Missy being in town is why Kelsey was so emotional.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TellAll
Informer
Informer

Unread post by TellAll »

spiralstatic wrote:

I think she recorded that video prior to missy being in town. They are pretty delayed with videos

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

TellAll wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:22 am
spiralstatic wrote:

I think she recorded that video prior to missy being in town. They are pretty delayed with videos
The Lannings were in Idaho over the weekend and I think Kelsey and Corbin just slap videos together before they have to post them. They seriously put ZERO effort into the videos these days. They even went through June's clothes AGAIN. They did that like a month ago. Exact same thing.

Her emotional breakdown could definitely be due to feeling left out. Or, she could be realizing Baby #2 is sort of a mistake considering their life and living situation.

Of course, if I were stuck married to Corbin and living in a shoebox, I'd be crying all the time too!
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I’m perhaps a tad more emotional at 36 weeks pregnant, but uncontrollable crying? I’ve cried if there is a legitimate worry or something going on, or I’ve teared up when I read one of the sentimental baby books we bought. But I wonder if Kelsey is crying uncontrollably for no discernible reason, or she’s not willing to share why she’s upset. Crying so much that you need to hide from your toddler because you don’t want her to see you upset sounds worrisome.

Their life is just a recipe for disaster. No motivation, no plan, no money, alienating friends and family by using people, etc. Kelsey has to convince us that she's so thankful to be pregnant, but I think she’s realized they aren’t prepared at all to support a second child, it’s going to be a lot harder without the Lannings bankrolling everything, their YouTube channel is done, the house is a disaster, and they had to move back to Idaho of all places to take a job with Corbin’s dad. All of their poor decisions are catching up to them.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Without the Lannings their views are TERRIBLE. They've had a few tiny spikes with the new pregnancy, but no where near what they were getting when the Lannings were helping them out.

June's gender reveal = 2.2M views
Tator-tot's gender reveal = 155K views

That's a massive difference and they only got the huge views for June's gender reveal because of Missy and Bryan.

I think Corbin's going to have to find a really real job...not just cleaning pools for his dad.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

I clicked on today's Samika vlog and the pre-roll ad was a portion of K&C's visit to Best Western. They must have made quite a bit from making that #ad video if BW is using it themselves.
TellAll
Informer
Informer

Unread post by TellAll »

rosie_dalia wrote:I clicked on today's Samika vlog and the pre-roll ad was a portion of K&C's visit to Best Western. They must have made quite a bit from making that #ad video if BW is using it themselves.
Possibly not. I’m sure once they were paid there was some form of agreement that BW could use the content how ever they wanted. They are a small channel. So even if BW paid them $1,000 that’s nothing to BW but a lot to Kels and Corbin

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

TellAll wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:13 pm
rosie_dalia wrote:I clicked on today's Samika vlog and the pre-roll ad was a portion of K&C's visit to Best Western. They must have made quite a bit from making that #ad video if BW is using it themselves.
Possibly not. I’m sure once they were paid there was some form of agreement that BW could use the content how ever they wanted. They are a small channel. So even if BW paid them $1,000 that’s nothing to BW but a lot to Kels and Corbin
While they don't get many views per video, they do have 250K subs...so a lot of advertisers don't see that as a "small" channel. Many much smaller channels get sponsorship deals with places like Walmart, General Mills, Big Lots, Kohl's, Target, Old Navy...etc. I think they all work with brand managers to get these deals. C&K were with Trending Family...not sure if they still work with that management team.

Several other YTers had the same Best Western deal—including Aspyn Ovard and Hey Nadine. I'm guessing they were paid a lot more than $1000.
jmoysa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jmoysa »

Another boring bump date. That’s all this channel has become. If you look at all their vlogs for the last few months it just shows that this baby was truly conceived as a $$ maker! That’s all they’re showing only stuff related to this pregnancy.

Don’t they really do anything else? Garden, chickens, bike ride? I’m betting that the garden is pretty much dead.

It’s interesting to me that at one point a few weeks ago (I think) Corbin mentioned that they saw their “good friends” Mr and Mrs Adventure. They’re a married couple that traveled Europe in a van and just did a huge (nice) van conversion. I watch them and they never mentioned seeing C and K. I find it hard to believe Corbin didn’t film them. They’re likeable and they do some great photography. Just strange.

GooseyLucy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GooseyLucy »

Today’s vlog confirmed that Kelsey has some mental issues. An evaluation should be done before Tabor makes his appearance. She is definitely headed for postpartum mess afterwards.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”