Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by wishes »

GossipMomma wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:21 amIn fact, the people I know who actually have the most money, are driving 10 year old vehicles in living in modest homes. Most of the folks I know with McMansions & luxury SUVs have less money in the bank than the rest of us!
Yes! Even Dave Ramsey has said the wealthiest people are the one who are driving modest cars or living modestly. Know why? Because they aren’t shelling out tons of money to live a certain lifestyle. They would rather pay off their assets.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

klb41611 wrote:do we think they even do YouTube anymore, though? They post 1 video a week, IF that. We are talking 2 adults, both home, full time - producing 1 video a week. That is NOT a content creator/influencer - that's simply someone with a hobby. I think Cullen got a job to make ends meet.
Do they do a lot of sponsored Instagram posts? Those can pay pretty well.
But it's true that a lot of companies just look at subscriber counts.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

klb41611 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:36 pm do we think they even do YouTube anymore, though? They post 1 video a week, IF that. We are talking 2 adults, both home, full time - producing 1 video a week. That is NOT a content creator/influencer - that's simply someone with a hobby. I think Cullen got a job to make ends meet.
Yes I agree. I think its pretty obvious Cullen as another job now. It might be from home but he is definitely doing something else. I think Katie is running the influencer business now as I've noticed most sponsorships are on her Instagram and she is leading what content they put out.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

So they were with Kelly and the kids this weekend. It looks like Emily had a gymnastics meet close to Cullen and Katie’s and they went. No mention of them coming to see the new house or lunch/dinner together which would be a given in our family. Also, poor Brooks looked a hot freaking mess. He looks like he wore hand me down, faded Jammies to Emily’s meet. Poor baby.
bootsncats
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bootsncats »

klb41611 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:36 pm do we think they even do YouTube anymore, though? They post 1 video a week, IF that. We are talking 2 adults, both home, full time - producing 1 video a week. That is NOT a content creator/influencer - that's simply someone with a hobby. I think Cullen got a job to make ends meet.
Exactly!!! Heck... it is barely even a hobby at this point! I can not for the life of me figure out how they are making ends meet!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:
klb41611 wrote:do we think they even do YouTube anymore, though? They post 1 video a week, IF that. We are talking 2 adults, both home, full time - producing 1 video a week. That is NOT a content creator/influencer - that's simply someone with a hobby. I think Cullen got a job to make ends meet.

They can pay well if you’re a successful influencer, but the market is so flooded now that most YTers aren’t getting the big sponsorships.

I think it’s very telling that DB is downgrading their lifestyle and shifting their content to be less of a family vlogger channel. Sure they spent a lot, but they were also making 10 x what E&J and C&K were making in the last couple years. If DB age hurting, the others are screwed and need to give up on the influencer life. They are “has beens” who are now back to the bottom tier of sponsorships (strollers and stuff).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

Watching their T-giving YT video... I thought they were going to start allowing the kids to choose their own foods and put it on their own plates, so that they would try different things! Nope- not even at Thanksgiving, when that is probably the easiest time to do so. Instead, K&C made the kids' plates and brought it to them at the "kids table". More proof that they never stick with a plan.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:42 am
lmmomSD wrote:

They can pay well if you’re a successful influencer, but the market is so flooded now that most YTers aren’t getting the big sponsorships.

I think it’s very telling that DB is downgrading their lifestyle and shifting their content to be less of a family vlogger channel. Sure they spent a lot, but they were also making 10 x what E&J and C&K were making in the last couple years. If DB age hurting, the others are screwed and need to give up on the influencer life. They are “has beens” who are now back to the bottom tier of sponsorships (strollers and stuff).

I think family channels peak was three to four years ago and when YouTube turned off the comments, changes in the algorithm, channels uploading repetitive and boring content, we are witnessing the end of family vloggers.
I watched another vlogger go from a pretty beautiful spacious home purchase, only to see them tell viewers it was too much space. I do think the location was a problem too and they wanted to be closer to restaurants etc, but the house they own now is much smaller and hundreds of thousand less than their previous home. They gave up a lot including the garage for their RV, a pool, basketball area and space with half the square footage in their new home. I believe their YouTube channel is not supporting them at all or very little now. He moved to Twitch, but even that is an iffy career and the wife who was once a waitress, never return to work even before Covid. This guy works hard though with long periods of time on Twitch to the point I think a normal job that likely would be remote due to Covid might be easier. Occasionally, he complaints he doesn't get any help from the family with vlogging, only when asked if his wife could film, his response it is his deal. I think he just is stressed trying to keep income coming in.
Bonnie mentioned health insurance and she was not kidding when she said it is expensive for small business owners. YouTubers are also missing out on other benefits like retirement plans, health and life insurance and paid vacation. I don't know why none of them look to return to a normal job with benefits that likely would be less stressful.
I still don't understand how any of them are paying bills including E+J when essentially they are not working enough to support a family.
Last edited by YTIG60 on Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Creative74 wrote:Watching their T-giving YT video... I thought they were going to start allowing the kids to choose their own foods and put it on their own plates, so that they would try different things! Nope- not even at Thanksgiving, when that is probably the easiest time to do so. Instead, K&C made the kids' plates and brought it to them at the "kids table". More proof that they never stick with a plan.
I was surprised to see they did put a little of everything on the plates. I saw Gaines make a face and go right for the roll. However contrary to what Katie claims Brooks did seem to just dive right in and eat whatever. I think we are all right to speculate that Brooks is a "picky eater" just because Gaines is and Katie just lumps him in with her golden child.

I also noticed poor Brooks looked like a homeless child at the gymnastics meet. She talked about Gaines needing new clothes in the fall because she didn't like the stuff she had. Yet poor Brooks is wearing ratty clothes that seem 2 sizes to small.

You can be frugal with kids clothing and still look presentable.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Issy1129
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Issy1129 »

wishes wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:36 am I don’t think Katie’s parents did her any favors by helping her (and Cullen) through life with paid schooling (which she isn’t even using anymore, hello waste of money), cars, rent-free guest house, etc. Katie never learned to appreciate things herself that she had to work for. Sure, she clipped coupons for awhile and “budgeted” their money when in Tallahassee but when you’ve grown up with a certain lifestyle, you grow accustomed to it.

Reading everyone’s stories about growing up in a small house (1,200 sqft here with one bathroom in entire home with a sister, yeah), we don’t take things for granted. It’s a shame Katie can’t realize the sacrifices she has to make to get out of debt and thus why I hope everything crashes in order for her to open her frickin’ eyes.
I couldn’t agree more! Katie is so used to the beach house, her Mercedes SUV, the baseball suite, her parents’ mansion pool. I can only hope she doesn’t get half the inheritance.
who cares
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by who cares »

I do believe I have been blocked from princess Katie's Instagram page! I made a semi snarky remark about the lack of social distancing on the picture of the kids standing too close together at the gymnastics meet...and poof....I now can't see any posts on her account. Shouldn't be too surprised that they don't give a rats as about covid precautions. Can't understand why a gymnastics meet would take place anyway. Would NEVER be allowed where I live!!
WatchinTheWreck
Talker
Talker

Unread post by WatchinTheWreck »

who cares wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:03 pm I do believe I have been blocked from princess Katie's Instagram page! I made a semi snarky remark about the lack of social distancing on the picture of the kids standing too close together at the gymnastics meet...and poof....I now can't see any posts on her account. Shouldn't be too surprised that they don't give a rats as about covid precautions. Can't understand why a gymnastics meet would take place anyway. Would NEVER be allowed where I live!!
Please remember that each state has different covid restrictions so what might not be allowed where you are, could be allowed in several other places.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Just because it's "allowed" doesn't mean it should happen. ICUs all over the country are filling up, and it's getting worse, not better. People refusing to follow guidelines is why.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

It’s getting so much worse and the beginning of 2021 will be awful following the holidays. Even if you don’t have strict restrictions where you live, please stay at home. I had covid. I was lucky and my case was mild. I have days where the worst of symptoms seem to come back. It’s so bizarre.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Definitely judging them being at the gymnastics meet with no masks. My whole family has covid right now despite following guidelines. Unfortunately my husband's coworker came to work even though he tested positive. By the time we knew he was exposed we all had symptoms. We had to take me 2 year old to the ER when his fever spiked and he lost consciousness. Scariest day of my life watching my baby get an iv. He was only in the hospital for a night and is doing great now but it drives me nuts to see people ignoring all restrictions. It is a scary illness and needs to he taken seriously.

Germany2263
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Germany2263 »

Boymomma123 wrote:Definitely judging them being at the gymnastics meet with no masks. My whole family has covid right now despite following guidelines. Unfortunately my husband's coworker came to work even though he tested positive. By the time we knew he was exposed we all had symptoms. We had to take me 2 year old to the ER when his fever spiked and he lost consciousness. Scariest day of my life watching my baby get an iv. He was only in the hospital for a night and is doing great now but it drives me nuts to see people ignoring all restrictions. It is a scary illness and needs to he taken seriously.

That’s horrible!! My cousin works with someone who came to work positive and passed it on to others as well. This occurred in a doctor’s office!! I’m sending good health vibes from California to your family, especially the kiddos!!
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Germany2263 wrote:
Boymomma123 wrote:Definitely judging them being at the gymnastics meet with no masks. My whole family has covid right now despite following guidelines. Unfortunately my husband's coworker came to work even though he tested positive. By the time we knew he was exposed we all had symptoms. We had to take me 2 year old to the ER when his fever spiked and he lost consciousness. Scariest day of my life watching my baby get an iv. He was only in the hospital for a night and is doing great now but it drives me nuts to see people ignoring all restrictions. It is a scary illness and needs to he taken seriously.

That’s horrible!! My cousin works with someone who came to work positive and passed it on to others as well. This occurred in a doctor’s office!! I’m sending good health vibes from California to your family, especially the kiddos!!
Thanks, we are through the worst of it and super thankful it wasn't more serious. I just wish people would understand their choices have an impact on others. Especially because we know all of these vloggers will milk the crap out of having Covid for vlogs if they get it. I know it's hard to stay home and miss things but if my husband had the option to work from home he would be. C&K have the opportunity to stay home and lately have been choosing not to.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Boymomma123 wrote:
Germany2263 wrote:

Thanks, we are through the worst of it and super thankful it wasn't more serious. I just wish people would understand their choices have an impact on others. Especially because we know all of these vloggers will milk the crap out of having Covid for vlogs if they get it. I know it's hard to stay home and miss things but if my husband had the option to work from home he would be. C&K have the opportunity to stay home and lately have been choosing not to.

So glad your little one is doing better!
People really don't get it. They yammer on about their "rights" and "not living in fear", but wearing a mask really is more to protect others. I don't want to catch it, but even more, I don't want to give it to someone else. If I gave it to someone who died, I would be devastated. I just don't understand the selfishness.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Sorry Grand dolly and doc raisers classless lazy woman. What was with her waving the fork around while talking to the camera? My children were taught that was inappropriate in grade school. I kept saying to the vlog that’s a funny flag you’re waving Katie! Put your fork down while speaking. I know it seems petty, but manners are in important and she has none. I don’t even know what she said because of the fork waving. Gaines making the face when food was served was just as rude and they encouraged it by laughing. I truly despise rude people. I guess that makes me no better, my apologies.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

It's so telling that they are only aware of Covid when it provides a convenient excuse for them to do what they were already planning on doing. Two people who take this pandemic seriously are not taking their kids to a cousin's indoor gymnastics meet where they run around with a bunch of kids without masks on. However, when it helps them explain why they aren't traveling to family for Thanksgiving, suddenly they are cognizant of the rising Covid cases and being safe. They don'

While I think they've definitely burned bridges, I also think they're just embarrassed and don't want to be around functioning adults who have their shit together because they don't measure up. Her father is a doctor, Jay is a lawyer and they have all seemingly managed their money wisely. Cullen's sister is very thrifty and her husband has a decent paying blue collar job. His mother was able to retire and seems to do well for herself. I think Katie in particular doesn't want to be around their family while they're coming to grips with losing their life savings and being forced to sell their house because she thrives on comparing herself to others and feeling superior.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”